I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Did you say the same about Romo?
Who frigging cares? That was 8+ years ago.

If your best defense of Dak is "But Romo" then he's not worth defending. Period

Overrated, feasts on bottom feeders and gags against legit competition

Arrogant. Me first , team second.

That's Dak in a nutshell. Not a leader and not the guy that can get us where we need to go. If we move on from him tomorrow that's not soon enough. Time to take out the trash.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the-easterbunny-laughing-at-dak.jpg

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Dakota P. is so similar to T. Romo that it's scary; 1). Elite stats in the regular season against bad and mid teams.. 2). Likely will be the best QB in the division.. 3). Struggles against good competition.. 4). Epic failures in the playoffs. **I'd like to test the theory that Dak Apologists have, believing that he would be "hotly pursued' on the open market?! With a $55 million per year price tag, I don't see it.**

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He improved this season and has won in the playoffs before. He was regressing prior to this season but ended up having a career year. After leading the league in INTs in 2022, he led the league in TDs this season. He had a career high completion percentage of almost 70% and a career high passer rating. He was in the MVP race all season. If he could get better this season with an inconsistent running game and OL issues, he could get even better next season if we can improve in those areas. None of us know what the team will be able to do talent wise after they extend him. But a lot of fans would rather move on from him and use the extra cap space on players, leaving the team without a viable QB, which is stupid! I’ve never seen a fanbase devalue the QB position like this fan base. You have fans here who think you can win a Super Bowl with any QB. :rolleyes: Kansas City might not have even made the playoffs if they didn’t have Patrick Mahomes.
Right so we have literally seen his best season. This was it, it was as good as it gets. We played the softest pass defense schedule in the league. We won't get that next year so you can expect him to regress from this point. And we went home after getting destroyed in round 1.

You mentioned PM...yes he's amazing, next level QB and without him, the Chiefs aren't in the playoffs, let alone SB. If they had Dak they would have been sitting home, because he's good, not great....point being, why are we so content to sit here with a guy whose ceiling is known, instead of going out and looking for the next PM? Or Joe Burrow? CJ Stroud? I'm not even saying Dak has to go, even though, yeah I want that, but if you're gonna keep him, then at least start hunting! Make it an open competition with a rookie or Lance, put some kind of pressure on the guy to keep his job and see what happens! What the hell is everyone so afraid of?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right so we have literally seen his best season. This was it, it was as good as it gets. We played the softest pass defense schedule in the league. We won't get that next year so you can expect him to regress from this point. And we went home after getting destroyed in round 1.

You mentioned PM...yes he's amazing, next level QB and without him, the Chiefs aren't in the playoffs, let alone SB. If they had Dak they would have been sitting home, because he's good, not great....point being, why are we so content to sit here with a guy whose ceiling is known, instead of going out and looking for the next PM? Or Joe Burrow? CJ Stroud? I'm not even saying Dak has to go, even though, yeah I want that, but if you're gonna keep him, then at least start hunting! Make it an open competition with a rookie or Lance, put some kind of pressure on the guy to keep his job and see what happens! What the hell is everyone so afraid of?
:clap:

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
This is like staying w/ your wife who cheats on you 10 times/year because if you got another wife she might cheat on you 20 times/year.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I think he’s every bit is good. Mahomes is blessed with the complete package the franchise. The referees and the media screw him.
Lol-Dak every bit as good as Mahomes?!? Thank you for declaring that. I think you have plenty of same thinkers on the board.

I’m going to guess people who think this look at regular season statistics (overall), and win/loss team records (overall) in the regular season.

pitt33

Reaction score
if you think QB position is the only thing holding this team back, then you have limited football knowledge and just follow the media headlines.

did you like the defense this year? did you like the run defense getting gashed for 200+ yards three times in the season? did you like the way Steele played? regardless of the QB. did you like the running game? how sound was the game plan against GB. did you like our 210lb LBs?

there is so much wrong with this team that I don't know where to begin...but QB is a good start.
I get it. QB isn’t the only thing wrong.

There’s plenty to go around.

This thread is about the quarterback position.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol-Dak every bit as good as Mahomes?!? Thank you for declaring that. I think you have plenty of same thinkers on the board.

I’m going to guess people who think this look at regular season statistics (overall), and win/loss team records (overall) in the regular season.
And quite obviously only watch the Cowboys.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
as a rookie!? seriously!!!

I'm sure you were all for keeping Romo on the bench once he healed, because, you know, "hot hand" and so forth

But when it doesn't work out, "well he's a rookie, what did you expect?"

How convenient. Masterful at having it both ways to make sure Dak gets all the credit for wins and zero responsibility for losses. I wonder how it's possible to get this invested in a proven loser.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
:hammer:
Somehow we've gotten to a point where enthusiastically endorsing and promoting mediocrity and under achievement constitutes "true fandom" in some people's eyes.

Sad.
It makes zero sense for Cowboys fans to support a loser QB, but it makes all the sense in the world for Eagles fans to support the Cowboys loser QB.

The Eagles fan insult is so weird and odd in this particular situation, but they still use it nonetheless.

GINeric

Reaction score
You're ignoring the elephant in the room.....performance under pressure. 3 consecutive play-off defeats where he's been unable to deliver ( 2 SF games where he had chances in last 4 mins to win/tie game, and this year, the on-field 'deer in headlights' capitulation as soon as we went behind).

The 'issue' with Dak is that he performs in arm-chair circumstances (where he can play his game), but out of his comfort zone he never appears to raise his performance......IF (big if) we had a roster that could near guarantee a lead he'd be EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT, however, paying him top $ (plus the deferred bonus') means against better teams the onus is going to be on him and he just isnt that gunslinger/fighter when the pressure's on.

We've seen what Dak is and nothing can overcome that apparent anxiety/composure issue.

No, I'm not ignoring anything concerning Dak. But I do realize that all three playoff games weren't loss SOLELY because of him like people like to frequently say.

With that said, Dak DID contribute to those losses that you've stated. One thing though that sticks out in my mind about that first 49ers playoff game loss is our teams committing 14, 15 penalties that game and Dak didn't commit any of them.

I'm definitely not making any excuses for Dak, but I wonder how many quarterbacks in history faced a number one defense in a playoff game and his team commits 14, 15 penalties and still won.

I would like to know what quarterbacks have done that before. This last Packers loss wasn't solely on him either BUT he did contribute to the loss like the rest of the team and coaching staff.

With that said, Dak is a very good quarterback but may not be good enough to get us where we wanna go.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So....we don't try to improve the team because it might not improve the team?

I am not saying Dak should or shouldn't be replaced. Only that your logic is complete nonsense.
"I don't think we should trade up to draft Mahomes when Alex Smith gets us to the playoffs basically every year. I'm comfortable with that and the unknown Mahomes brings scares me. What if Mahomes isn't good?" - Dak fans logic.

CWR

Reaction score
No, I'm not ignoring anything concerning Dak. But I do realize that all three playoff games weren't loss SOLELY because of him like people like to frequently say.

With that said, Dak DID contribute to those losses that you've stated. One thing though that sticks out in my mind about that first 49ers playoff game loss is our teams committing 14, 15 penalties that game and Dak didn't commit any of them.

I'm definitely not making any excuses for Dak, but I wonder how many quarterbacks in history faced a number one defense in a playoff game and his team commits 14, 15 penalties and still won.

I would like to know what quarterbacks have done that before. This last Packers loss wasn't solely on him either BUT he did contribute to the loss like the rest of the team and coaching staff.

With that said, Dak is a very good quarterback but may not be good enough to get us where we wanna go.
These type of logical more middle ground type takes are not appreciated here. This board is a world of all or none.

Depending on who responds you will either be labeled a Dak tard or a hater.

GINeric

Reaction score
It makes zero sense for Cowboys fans to support a loser QB, but it makes all the sense in the world for Eagles fans to support the Cowboys loser QB.

The Eagles fan insult is so weird and odd in this particular situation, but they still use it nonetheless.

It also makes zero sense for a fan to disappear after wins, barely post during win streaks, THEN come around and post ALL WEEK after losses.

Yes.... this is the behavior of an Eagles fan. Only a rival fan posing as a Cowboys, would come across a lil irritated after a Cowboys win.

Only an Eagles fan posing as a Cowboys fan, would fail to celebrate any of the wins with the rest of the Cowboys fan on a Cowboys board.

You my friend are guilty of EVERYTHING that I have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.