I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Lol-Dak every bit as good as Mahomes?!? Thank you for declaring that. I think you have plenty of same thinkers on the board.

I’m going to guess people who think this look at regular season statistics (overall), and win/loss team records (overall) in the regular season.

He sounds like his brother Tad.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why is it ridiculous?

He's blamed his receivers for his shortcomings, more than once. He openly questioned some teammates work ethic in comparison to his own studiousness and preparation, while offering no evidence to support that charge

He's self branding himself without having done anything to earn his own brand

He constantly talks about everything he's doing and thinking "I'm in the best shape of my life, I'm pissed, I'm on a mission" often outside the context of the team

And he's about to demand to be the highest paid player in league history despite the truth that he hasn't earned it and it's going to hamstring our chances to win it all for the foreseeable future

What about all of that doesn't shout "me first". It's who he's always been and always will be.

What's truly ridiculous is this constant mantra about his alleged leadership cred. "Locker room loves him, everyone trusts him, etc". It's total nonsense and slowly but surely the truth is starting to leak out.
And his most recent LV bag comment right before a big game.. oof.

chuck520

Reaction score
That's better than try the same guy you've had for the last 8 years and knowing ahead of time what happens
Thats what creates instability at the position and instability overall. In other words just throw what you can against the wall and see if it works?
Thats the early 2000s approach

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I am not going to argue Dak is the greatest QB ever, or that he deserves $60 million per year. But I also think criticisms of Dak are based on 1 game, which was not entirely his fault. He is the scapegoat for an entire teams that had complete lapses during the season. Dak has beaten teams with winning records, and he has had some horrible games against good teams, kind of like Tom Brady against Dallas in the playoffs last year.
It's not one game, its continued inability to COMEBACK, when trailing (and/or coming back from a two score deficit....in the biggest games) . @GINeric, your point about penalties vrs SF, well yes (and game 2 you could point to Pollard's injury).....but it still doesnt detract from the fact Dak had the chance and came up short in both games.
Then this GB game, he just crumbled and looked as if he lost composure, confidence . Its not his ability that's at question, its the psychological make-up, and unless we get an All-Pro team that guarantee's a lead he's probably going to continue to come up short under pressure.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Right? And notice this anxiety only exists for the QB position of the Cowboys. Hey take a new CB - no one's here saying well wait a minute, we better not move off what we have because we might end up with Morris Claiborne. It's such a stupid argument to claim that you are going to pause any debate and attempt to improve because you are afraid of failure and all the while the talent you have on hand is failing.
These dudes that do that are scary bits that let the media tell them how to think. You’re right why don’t they do that for other positions if they care so much about not messing up?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I lived through that Era and I will still take the unknown to the known of Dak. Sorry he is a choker that will never get it done. Stop wasting time on him.
But yet here you are with all the others constantly spending time on how you all do not like him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That was after the playoff game. This was before the game. This fan base lives in the moment. When we were winning the majority of fans were happy with Dak but every time we lost a game they weren’t. Cowboys Nation would never be satisfied with any QB. When we’re winning they’ll be fine but as soon as we lose a game they’ll want a new QB. :rolleyes:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...the-quarterback-of-the-dallas-cowboys.519937/

Philmonroe

Reaction score
see his playoff record. Dak choked as the #2 seed....Romo choked as the #1 seed.
That’s not how it works esp when you Dak worshippers got alllll the excuses for Dak using your stupid logic of playoff wins smh. If that’s the case you should stop all this Dak defending but you don’t so you don’t even believe the bs you kicking.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Ok, what is your solution to finding a Super Bowl winning QB? If you have all the answers why arent you a GM?

Go ask the chiefs they had Dak.. err Alex Smith when they found Mahomes. You act like finding a SB QB is something that can’t be done. A QB wins a SB every year. Keep wasting other players careers because you’re afraid to go through some rough spots.

You might be happy with participation trophies for regular season results, but me and a bunch of others yearn for SB trophies. In order for that to happen you’re gonna have to take chance and find your Mahomes.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
How would he have been overall the past two years in your opinion, the same or better as Dak?
Probably the same. Decent playoff seed and early exit . Which is why I don't endorse giving him the keys to the kingdom in perpetuity and financially hamstringing the franchise for years to come. Same as I feel about Dak.

The main difference about Rush is, him going 5-1 as starter didn't make me angry and insecure like the stans felt

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Thats what creates instability at the position and instability overall. In other words just throw what you can against the wall and see if it works?
Thats the early 2000s approach
The early 2000 approach were about dumpster diving for a cheap replacements while in Cap hell. How they approached the QB debacle in the 00’s will serve as a lesson on what not to do, and not a reason for *NOT* moving on. The closest thing to this was the Lance trade, but we currently have an established starter so he can sit a bit. I would argue he’s young and was injured and has talent so while somewhat similar they’re different. This one might have a chance to pan out being he has pedigree and only 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.