I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been stated, but most of those "horrible washed up" QBs listed on that graph were here because of Bill Parcels and his dislike of "risking" it with a young QB. In other words, Parcels shares the mindset of the Dak defenders afraid to invest at the QB position.

People have to stop using that BS excuse because the Dallas cowboys are not a poverty franchise specifically at the QB position.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
They can’t stand the way he replaced the hero
The kettle calling the pot black.

I've noticed this about most of the hard line Dak defenders, at this point, it's not about football it's about being right.

Funny how years ago these same people hated Romo but now suddenly it's not all on a QB to win a SB.

Both QBs are not good enough.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Stop listening to the media. Watch the games. Just don’t look at them. There’s a difference you know
He played bad against packers. But they drove straight down and scored. MM wanted to attempt to establish a running game. He couldn’t do it in the regular season so why be stubborn and do it in the playoffs when a team just showed you that they can score at will. Dak used his feet but he never got confidence. It was a messed up situation where I really believe we did not game plan for this team. We just assumed the breaks would go our way and our talent would out perform them.

You don’t want your QB throwing the ball 60 times in a game. Yes 60 passes in a game and you don’t expect something bad to happen. We had 0 run game.

I am beyond pissed about this. No excuse for not having these players ready or having a game plan. Quinn didn’t care because he had interviews and commanders looked past the fact he called a terrible game and could not stop the run. He never blitzes or run blitzes. He will get a 2 or 3 year run and be looking for another dc job. No way he can handle hc job. Last time be blew a huge lead in the sb.

This season Dak was the least of our worries. Give him the running game he had in 2016 along with Lamb and his TE. And we would have went further. That was with 1 legit WR. Cooks was coming on but Gallup just is not the same player. And JJ paid him. Just like JJ paid Pollard after his injury. JJ refused to see his injury would not be healed enough for him to be the same in time for the season. And that he was never a starting RB. Had a shot at henry. He could have went such a long way for us.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I am done with Dak after what happened this year. Ever see a deer in headlights that’s Dak. He chokes in big games.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Continue??? The Cowboys haven't even started!

They pay Dak and we go home early. Again.

Sorry I just ruined the game plan for next year.
Give the man a run game. Pollard did nothing. JJ had a shot at henry. A real hammer to get the tough yards early to establish a run game. You had your QB throwing the ball 60 times. Because you can’t run the ball. How often does a team make your QB throw 60 times. This was not all on Dak. He had Gallup that can’t get open and Cooks he is getting in sync with. He had a TE and Lamb. He was forcing the ball. Our Defense was not even there. This staff didn’t have them ready or a plan. They looked past them. And we got what we deserved… But the guy with the ball takes the hit. Not sure how many QB in that situation could have won that game by themselves..

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
I understand that it's a team sport, but ideally you want the QB to set the tone. According to the front office, Dak is a great leader...but it doesn't translate in big games. You can see he gets visibly rattled in big games when things don't go his way. More often than not, this has a waterfall effect and the entire team falls apart. I don't care anymore what his regular season resume looks like.

I was never sold on him, but gave him the benefit of doubt. The defense hasn't always been great. The offensive line has had consistency issues at times. The running game has been shaky at times. Garrett was HC. There were years when the receiver talent wasn't so great. Etc etc. That's fine and all, but winners find ways to win when all of the chips are on the table.

His regular season record is exceptional. His post season record is pathetic. He's had some really great teams around him. Three years in a row they've won 12 games. The talent is in place. The coaching is in place. The results haven't changed. It's fun during the regular season, but I'm tired of having my heart broken when it matters.

It's time to bring in real competition, and cut ties when the time is right. It's easy to highlight a 5 year period when they were caught in a bad situation with Aikman retiring. How do the other 30 years that Jones has owned the team look at QB? Or the 64 years that the Cowboys have been around. We don't need a good QB. We need a great one.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cool. So lets worship him for his ability to beat up on bad teams in the regular season. In case you haven't noticed he gets blasted for his inability to compete with better teams and his total suckage in the playoffs. He's been this way his entire career.
Beat up on bad teams with a wildly superior roster. This was evident in the GB game when he suddenly looked “much better” after GB benched it’s first string defense and they finally moved the ball.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Give the man a run game. Pollard did nothing. JJ had a shot at henry. A real hammer to get the tough yards early to establish a run game. You had your QB throwing the ball 60 times. Because you can’t run the ball. How often does a team make your QB throw 60 times. This was not all on Dak. He had Gallup that can’t get open and Cooks he is getting in sync with. He had a TE and Lamb. He was forcing the ball. Our Defense was not even there. This staff didn’t have them ready or a plan. They looked past them. And we got what we deserved… But the guy with the ball takes the hit. Not sure how many QB in that situation could have won that game by themselves..
Give the man a running game he said. Didn’t he have prime Zeke? What was the excuse then? These Dak stans always got an excuse smh. No matter what it’s never his fault.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow, it's amazing how Dak was able to win 12 games throwing the ball and no run game...but, when they turn the lights on, he forget how to throw. Yeah, that's the ticket.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Mind boggling...

So during 2016-2019 when we had prime, elite, blue chip Ezekiel Elliott here, why didn't we go anywhere?

How many receivers? How many teammates? How many coordinators must be sacrificed on the altar for Dak?

People are acting like we are the Chicago bears with no bodies on offense but the truth is that Dak has had at least 1 fist round WR (Dez/Cooper/Lamb) and a good TE (Written/Schultz/Ferguson) along with a top 10 offline filled with hall of famers throughout his career.

Not to mention, we had the best RB for at least 4 years here and the results were the same.

Sure, we can get Henry here but be prepared to hear "Henry is washed up" because the results will be the same as long as Dak is here.

Every year, a new excuse...
A new scapegoat.

We keep rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic with Dak.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'll take an unknown over a proven choker any day
Bingo. That’s the gist of how I feel. I’ve seen what he does under pressure. The playoffs are all pressure. Why waste the season with someone who has proven to fail when it matters?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Beat up on bad teams with a wildly superior roster. This was evident in the GB game when he suddenly looked “much better” after GB benched it’s first string defense and they finally moved the ball.
The Church of Dak folk will claim there was no garbage time in the GB game. Yet there was a moment in that 3rd quarter where the guys calling the game were talking about the GB starters getting pulled and at one point they were joking about the starters already getting tape removed to underline just how much of a far gone conclusion that game was.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Do they still make underoos?

Dak's a fraud. He has you fooled. That's ok. He's had a lot of people fooled for a long time

Sooner or later your eyes will be opened also. Until then, continue to cling to your idea of who Dak could be, rather than what he really is: An overpaid , arrogant blowhard.
I’m not fooled at all, if the cowboys could easily move on from him and you are telling me there’s a better replacement I’m fine with that but it’s not that simple.

You talk about him like he stole your girlfrien or boyfriend “-boys for life”. Such anger lol

Status
Not open for further replies.