I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't remember Tom Brady lining up on defense. Cmon, get real bro.

And don't mention Dak in a sentence with Tom Brady.
You need to get real. I didn’t compare Dak to Tom Brady. However, you compared Dak to Drew Henson. :rolleyes:

dupree89

Reaction score
You need to get real. I didn’t compare Dak to Tom Brady. However, you compared Dak to Drew Henson. :rolleyes:
I said they have the same # of rings. And unless you are a HOFer...Marino, Fouts, Moon, you are judged by rings. These other guys put up epic numbers in their respective eras, Dak has not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I said they have the same # of rings.
That’s a comparison! Drew Henson wasn’t half the QB Dak is and you know it. Some of you look for different ways to bash him.

dupree89

Reaction score
That’s a comparison! Drew Henson wasn’t half the QB Dak is and you know it. Some of you look for different ways to bash him.
No, I know they aren't close but I was just saying there are no rings. Thats all. I know you are a great fan and I respect your thoughts. Dak is way more than the clowns of that time frame. But when is he winning a ring? Thats all. And I just don't agree when someone uses a Dan Marino comparison. We both know Dak and Marino are not close in talent. But good conversation and I respect you and all Dallas fans...I'm too old to argue and stuff, yet not too old to be frustrated. You are a good man.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
These other guys put up epic numbers in their respective eras, Dak has not.
I got news for you Dak’s numbers are comparable to his peers. He just led the league in TD passes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, I know they aren't close but I was just saying there are no rings. Thats all. I know you are a great fan and I respect your thoughts. Dak is way more than the clowns of that time frame. But when is he winning a ring? Thats all. And I just don't agree when someone uses a Dan Marino comparison. We both know Dak and Marino are not close in talent. But good conversation and I respect you and all Dallas fans...I'm too old to argue and stuff, yet not too old to be frustrated. You are a good man.
You could have picked someone other than Drew Henson, but you were looking to take a slap at Dak. He won’t win a ring until we have a better team. Marino, Fouts, and Moon didn’t win rings because they never had good enough teams. A lot of QBs can win a Super Bowl if they have a great team around them. There’s been several average QBs win Super Bowls because they had great teams. If it all falls on the shoulders of your QB in the playoffs, you’re probably not going to get far. It takes a great “team” to win a championship. John Elway didn’t win a Super Bowl until he had a great team around him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No more absurd than the folks who mention Dak in the same breath as Mahomes. Yet they do it
I haven’t seen anyone try and spin that Dak is on the same level as Mahomes. Dak had a better season, but he’s certainly not the QB Mahomes is. No QB in the league is on the same level as Mahomes. There’s Mahomes and everyone else.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
He’s not at all similar to Romo. Only fans who pride themselves on ignorance and superficial similarities, and thus, like to live in false equivalences think so. We’ll see when Dak gets that post career broadcasting job and is calling out offensive and defensive plays before they happen.
My apologies for mistaking this as a FOOTBALL DISCUSSION FORUM. I didn't realize it's amateur night at the Improv:facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I lived through that Era and I will still take the unknown to the known of Dak. Sorry he is a choker that will never get it done. Stop wasting time on him.
You're not a very smart fan. You probably never played....just like pappy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You seem sure we’re looking at an early exit next season with Dak. So who do you have in mind that will get us to the playoffs and further? Appears you just want to draw numbers and throw another QB in there and see what happens provided they don’t cost a lot of money.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must not have watched the Bucs game last year. He passed just over 300 yards and 4 TDs. He completed more than 75% of his passes and his passer rating was 143.3. That was by far his best playoff game and he did it on the road against Tom Brady.
Yay big win for Dak!!!!! Wait, the Bucs had a losing record? And still made the playoffs? And got outscored by 45 points that year? And their home record was only 5-4? And ended the season with a 2-3 record then 2-4 after the Cowboys loss?

When you look at the details it kind of takes away from Dak's "big win" doesn't it. The fact is that team didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs and we talked about that all week leading up to that game in here.

At least Dak followed up that gimme game with another big game the next week, right? Oh wait...........

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem sure we’re looking at an early exit next season with Dak.
We are. As sure as the sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning.

We know what Dak is. 8 years of proof. Making him the highest paid QB in the world won't fix it either.

giphy.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yay big win for Dak!!!!! Wait, the Bucs had a losing record? And still made the playoffs? And got outscored by 45 points that year? And their home record was only 5-4? And ended the season with a 2-3 record then 2-4 after the Cowboys loss?

When you look at the details it kind of takes away from Dak's "big win" doesn't it. The fact is that team didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs and we talked about that all week leading up to that game in here.

At least Dak followed up that gimme game with another big game the next week, right? Oh wait...........
Yeah, that was a big win for Dak. Any playoff win is a big win, regardless who you’re playing. The Bucs lost one fewer game than Green Bay did this season. Regular season records don’t matter once you get to the playoffs. Nothing takes away from a playoff win on the road against Tom Brady, especially considering the Bucs were only two years removed from a championship. By the way, that was the Cowboys first road playoff win in 27 years. I’m sure you would’ve discredited the win had we beat the Packers.

stiletto

Reaction score
Bozo's... no one likes Dak's playoff performances but to lump him in with the bags of poo that were the post Troy QB's besides Romo is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.