I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I’m not fooled at all, if the cowboys could easily move on from him and you are telling me there’s a better replacement I’m fine with that but it’s not that simple.

You talk about him like he stole your girlfrien or boyfriend “-boys for life”. Such anger lol
That's right. Boys For Life.
Not Dak for life. Boys for life :thumbup:

Not angry. Just willing to admit what I see with my eyes.

I understand there are no guarantees.
I also understand the status quo clearly isn't working. Time to move on

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Continue??? The Cowboys haven't even started!

They pay Dak and we go home early. Again.

Sorry I just ruined the game plan for next year.
Thankfully the Cowboys haven’t needed to burn first round picks to find a QB like Washington. They could have built a great team around Cousins instead of wasting draft picks trying to replace him. If we don’t pay Dak then please provide a name of a QB who will assure us of not going home early. :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No it didn't. Dak wouldn't throw him the ball. He can't catch it when he isn't getting targets.
Cooks hasn’t consistently gotten open and the Cowboys weren’t going to prioritize him over Lamb who’s established himself as the number one receiver. It took until November for Dak to develop some chemistry with Cooks. They didn’t start working together in live games until the opener.

khiladi

Reaction score
I just laugh at this debate.... As long as the Jonese are in charge. Mahomes won't help this ORG. so, why blame one guy for 28 years of failure not named Jerry Jones :facepalm:
Mahomes would absolutely help with this roster. You are absolutely insane if you think otherwise. They would be the automatic favorites to win the SB and would consistently be an NFC. conference championship-SB winner. It’s amazing how much people with throw even Mahomes under the bus, to defend a scrub like Dak at QB.

So much running around, from here to the moon, just to not blame Dak…

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The 2016 Dak won games because he had the best OL in the league and a great running game with Zeke who put up over 1600 yards. He was able to manage games. He only attempted 459 passes. He attempted 590 this season because he was having to carry the offense. He was much better this season than as a rookie. He has much more experience and he had a career high passer rating and completion percentage. Dak as a rookie would have struggled in a pass first offense that has OL issues and an inconsistent running game.
I still take the instincts he had back then in a playoff game compared to what he has today. 2016 was the only time I could believe in Dak in the playoffs. His other appearances he was a big factor why we lost.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No one is blaming Dak for 28 years of futility. But I do think there is plenty of blame to be laid at his feet for the last 4 years. Anytime the team has needed him to simply play mistake free football he has not only failed but failed absolutely miserably. The last three seasons have ended in part to his inability to not commit mistakes on offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I still take the instincts he had back then in a playoff game compared to what he has today. 2016 was the only time I could believe in Dak in the playoffs. His other appearances he was a big factor why we lost.
Don’t know how you could have believed in him in the playoffs as a rookie. He was 0-1 as a rookie in the playoffs. He played solid against Seattle in the playoffs in year 3 and outplayed Goff in the loss to the Rams in the playoffs. He played one of his best games in the playoffs against Tom Brady last year. He was a big factor why we lost to SF in 2021 and to GB this season but the defense was an even bigger factor against GB.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Don’t know how you could have believed in him in the playoffs as a rookie. He was 0-1 as a rookie in the playoffs. He played solid against Seattle in the playoffs in year 3 and outplayed Goff in the loss to the Rams in the playoffs. He played one of his best games in the playoffs against Tom Brady last year. He was a big factor why we lost to SF in 2021 and to GB this season but the defense was an even bigger factor against GB.
He gave a lot more in that 34-31 game as a rookie than he has in other playoff games.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Mahomes would absolutely help with this roster. You are absolutely insane if you think otherwise. They would be the automatic favorites to win the SB and would consistently be an NFC. conference championship-SB winner. It’s amazing how much people with throw even Mahomes under the bus, to defend a scrub like Dak at QB.

So much running around, from here to the moon, just to not blame Dak…
The "If Dak can't do it nobody can" mindset some of these Dak fans have adopted is insane.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He gave a lot more in that 34-31 game as a rookie than he has in other playoff games.
You must not have watched the Bucs game last year. He passed just over 300 yards and 4 TDs. He completed more than 75% of his passes and his passer rating was 143.3. That was by far his best playoff game and he did it on the road against Tom Brady.

dupree89

Reaction score
Drew Henson won as many Super Bowls as Dak has. Unless you are a guy like Dan Marino or Dan Fouts etc, that had such unbelievable stats during their playing days, then the QB is judged by Super Bowl rings. And just so we all remember, Dak is several levels below guys like Marino and Fouts. Many many levels below.

Dak and Romo are QBs just good enough to lose with.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did you say the same about Romo?
Pretty much. He didn’t usually have his best performances in the playoffs either.

Problem is neither Romo or Dak are enough to overcome a non championship caliber team. They both are products of this toxic owner and not enough to elevate their teams to a higher level. That doesn’t mean they suked.

Obviously they were enough to be a playoff contender which both were over achievers for an undrafted and 4th round QB. They provided some hope when we probably had little without them.

It certainly would be great to have one of the top Elite QB’s. Unfortunately we haven’t had one this era. There’s simply not enough to go around. Both of these QB’s have kinda been a poster child for the disappointment and frustrations of this era under our dysfunctional ownership.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Drew Henson won as many Super Bowls as Dak has.
You’re mentioning Dak with Drew Henson? Drew Henson had one career start in the NFL and got benched. C’mon, get real! :facepalm:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You must not have watched the Bucs game last year. He passed just over 300 yards and 4 TDs. He completed more than 75% of his passes and his passer rating was 143.3. That was by far his best playoff game and he did it on the road against Tom Brady.
Tom Brady was done for and should of retired. I expected Dak to win that game. On the other hand, I also expected Dak to win against Greenbay, who I beleive he could've beaten in the regular season, but not when the preasure is up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tom Brady was done for and should of retired. I expected Dak to win that game. On the other hand, I also expected Dak to win against Greenbay, who I beleive he could've beaten in the regular season, but not when the preasure is up.
Brady still passed for over 4600 yards that season and led Tampa to the playoffs. It’s not easy winning playoff games on the road and the Cowboys were 0-7 against Brady. The last road playoff win the Cowboys had was almost 30 years ago. Many thought the Cowboys would lose that game after the debacle the previous week against Washington.

dupree89

Reaction score
I don't remember Tom Brady lining up on defense. Cmon, get real bro.

And don't mention Dak in a sentence with Tom Brady.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Brady still passed for over 4600 yards that season and led Tampa to the playoffs. It’s not easy winning playoff games on the road and the Cowboys were 0-7 against Brady. The last road playoff win the Cowboys had was almost 30 years ago. Many thought the Cowboys would lose that game after the debacle the previous week against Washington.
Yet all season long we kept hearing about how Brady wasn't the same guy anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.