I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's pretty much all over the place.

We can start with the choked snap against Seattle.

Or we can look at his crap playoff numbers or his crap playoff record.

Fair to criticize Daks playoffs but not Romos appearently.
Umm…literally 3/4 losses came in the last two minutes of the game and could’ve gone either way. The only loss that wasn’t in doubt was the Vikings game. By the fourth quarter that was over. In the two victories and the loss in 2014 Romo had stellar QB ratings. Not in any of those three losses was their any real doubt that Romo could have led the team to victory. The only thing that was worried about was whether something “snake-bit” would happen (fumbled snap and overruled obvious catch are two examples). I don’t think the majority of fans, and now even the players, are confident in Dak anymore.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What the hell does any of this have to do with Romo?

The problem is Dak wanting $60 million while having 2 career Wildcard wins......................that is the problem and it has nothing to do with previous QBs.

Now if Dak wants to take $40 million a year and admit he needs some help (better run game, improved oline, ect...), then I got no problem with Dak.

The problem I, and many others have, is Dak wanting to be the highest paid QB in the league and not being able to deliver in the playoffs. That is the problem, and it has nothing to do with Romo.
With the person I was talking to it has everything to do with it. Do you think the quarterback alone wins a championship. Stop picking on Prescott he’s not the one who blew it. Unless that’s your agenda. Because other than that, you have no knowledge of the game if that’s the case.

dsharp

Reaction score
This is going to subjective, but he isn't a bad quarterback. He is a good quarterback. That's the problem though. He's a good quarterback, not a great one, and he's getting paid to be great. Plus, this is it with him. We are going into season 9 with him and we've seen his ceiling. It's a player that can win some games for you, no doubt, but when the going gets tough he crumbles.

Good defense rolls into town? He crumbles.
Big game? He crumbles.
Playoff game? He crumbles.

Just take this last playoff game against Green Bay as an example. Sure, the defense did him absolutely zero favors in that game, but he had his chances to drive his team down the field, and failed. Go back and watch it. Passes sailing all over. Passes low. Passes high. INTs. It wasn't good. When you're paid to be great, you need to be GREAT.

He'd be a perfect QB for a team that is trying to come up and win some games while building their roster. He is not a cornerstone franchise player.
This is the biggest problem, he throws the ball everywhere but to the receiver. When you go 3 and out all the time the defense never gets a breather. I don’t know if it’s a coaching issue but, after 8 years its hard to look anywhere but, at him.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
With all due respect.
How old are you?

You are poisoned and have gotten used to us being a mediocre bunch of garbage
The Cowboys have been garbage for so long, that MOST OF YOU (not me) have gotten used to being mediocre and celebrating petty things.

Ken

Reaction score
Being older is not a flex and doesn't make you any more of a fan.

In fact it just makes you look even more ridiculous that you support a loser that leads your so called favorite team to ruin every year.
I also supported Romo AND....get this...Quincy Carter.

Makes me a terrible fan I guess...lol

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol nobody takes you serious. You said Dak is better than Mahomes
I think he’s every bit is good. Mahomes is blessed with the complete package the franchise. The referees and the media screw him.

Ken

Reaction score
Why doesn't Dak show up in the playoffs?
I will give the same answer I gave last year and the year before.....

We have to take the pressure off of him. We have to run the ball. Lip service all offseason that we would and then they actually managed to make it worse.

If we had a successful run game...it would do wonders for him in the playoffs. It is was all the teams have in common who make it this late in the season. We added the added pressure this year of the defense falling apart....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Why do you automatically think the Cowboys would go back to having those types of QBs? There is no reason to believe that will automatically happen.

We've all been saying for years - invest in the position. Invest in the future. The Cowboys simply refuse to.

Yes Dak blah blah blah but that's the regular season. He has proven over and over again he isn't a big game QB and can't win in the playoffs. That's why most want him gone.

And to just throw this out there....he is getting ready to be the highest paid player in the history of the league. Yeah that guy.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
IMG-4617.jpg
Yet, during the playoffs none of that matters. He's a turn over machine.

CWR

Reaction score
Umm…literally 3/4 losses came in the last two minutes of the game and could’ve gone either way. The only loss that wasn’t in doubt was the Vikings game. By the fourth quarter that was over. In the two victories and the loss in 2014 Romo had stellar QB ratings. Not in any of those three losses was their any real doubt that Romo could have led the team to victory. The only thing that was worried about was whether something “snake-bit” would happen (fumbled snap and overruled obvious catch are two examples). I don’t think the majority of fans, and now even the players, are confident in Dak anymore.
I wasn't confident in Romo and I'm not confident in Dak.

I dont know why yall need to pretend Romo was any less of a choker but he blew big games and playoffs just the same. They both have all of two playoff wins.

egn22

Reaction score
I don't think we were beating Green Bay if Pat Mahomes was the QB. We got completely out schemed, out coached, out played, we sucked in every facet of the game. All this talk about cutting Dak.... go find someone else to replace him and keep rolling out the same coaching staffs that get exposed every season in the playoffs. A part of me wants Dak to leave just so I don't have to hear anymore crying about him, and so I can watch him win elsewhere.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
IMG-4617.jpg
By all means, Sonny Boy, let's roll the dice again in the playoffs with Dak as QB.
The memories of 2021, 2022 and 2023 playoffs notwithstanding.
You Dak cultists are so annoying.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
With the person I was talking to it has everything to do with it. Do you think the quarterback alone wins a championship. Stop picking on Prescott he’s not the one who blew it. Unless that’s your agenda. Because other than that, you have no knowledge of the game if that’s the case.
You just proved my point, thank you.

Its a TEAM game and if you pay Dak $60 million a year, you dont have the extra cap to go get a Derrik Henry or a better Right Tackle.

So if you pay you QB 30% of your cap, he dam well better be able to overcome some of the shortcomings on the roster.

The Cheifs had to get rid of Tyrek Hill because they couldnt afford him in part what they are paying Mahommes. They can do that because Mahommes can still make plays and win games with less talented receivers.

Dak has shown he cannot do this, he cannot overcome the roster shortcomings due in part to his large cap hit.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I will give the same answer I gave last year and the year before.....

We have to take the pressure off of him. We have to run the ball. Lip service all offseason that we would and then they actually managed to make it worse.

If we had a successful run game...it would do wonders for him in the playoffs. It is was all the teams have in common who make it this late in the season. We added the added pressure this year of the defense falling apart....
He had a running game when Elliott was in his prime. It was the same results.

J_Allen

Reaction score
And to just throw this out there....he is getting ready to be the highest paid player in the history of the league. Yeah that guy.
He better not be. If we make him the highest paid player in NFL history I will quit on the spot. Jerry has done a lot of stupid things but this will be the dumbest thing he ever did, besides running Jimmy off. This will be close.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is just another validation Romo was/is criticized more than Prescott by having Romo dragged into another of his threads. Romo threads (on CowboysZone at least) was rarely one previously 'bad' Cowboys quarterback versus Romo. Most threads were mainly pro and con feuds solely about Romo's worth. Romo was dogged out on his merits alone, or lack thereof.

That is not the case with Prescott. Romo's successor receives the luxury of being compared to him. Whenever the combo is present (which is a LOT), Prescott is not the sole recipient of the criticism because it splinters between Romo and him.

Prescott gets tons of criticism. However, it will be a long, LONG time before he catches up with what is still being thrown at Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.