I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanD

Reaction score
The usual suspects will spout the usual one-liners and attack.

All Blame goes on Dak. It just makes them feel better.
Not that all blame goes on him but he does need to do better. He needs more support. And to provide that, you can't pay him 50m+. Those contracts should be reserved for guys that can carry you.

I've never been against him til after the gb game.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Not that all blame goes on him but he does need to do better. He needs more support. And to provide that, you can't pay him 50m+. Those contracts should be reserved for guys that can carry you.

I've never been against him til after the gb game.
Exactly, if we're paying you 50 million a year you better be taking pressure off the rest of the team and not Vice versa. You better not need anything else to drive this offense deep into the playoffs.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What the hell does any of this have to do with Romo?

The problem is Dak wanting $60 million while having 2 career Wildcard wins......................that is the problem and it has nothing to do with previous QBs.

Now if Dak wants to take $40 million a year and admit he needs some help (better run game, improved oline, ect...), then I got no problem with Dak.

The problem I, and many others have, is Dak wanting to be the highest paid QB in the league and not being able to deliver in the playoffs. That is the problem, and it has nothing to do with Romo.
Simpleton brain logic rules state you must have a hero and villain. That’s why previous qb who shall not be named is always brought up to counter Dakery Potter and ALL his football wizardry or lack of tbh.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's not that he isn't good. He'll win games and make the playoffs. He's just too up and down and I no longer trust him in the playoffs or big moments. I'd rather go back to crap and draft a franchise QB or pay someone less than what he's going to want to maintain stays quo. He isn't worth 50m when he can't carry the team. I'd take him for less money so we can build a better dominant team around him.
Most QB's are up and down with no running game and have to carry a defense that gives up 5 TD's on 6 drives.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Most QB's are up and down with no running game and have to carry a defense that gives up 5 TD's on 6 drives.
Are you talking about the Green Bay game? Quinn thought it was the Super bowl. That's why he played that defense.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
Reasonable people can’t dispute that Dak is a top ten or top 10 fringe QB, but where opinions differ are thoughts on his ability to lead a team through the playoffs. You have to admit, what we witnessed for years does not instill confidence. You get to a point where you got to make a choice between running it back (results likely the same), or making a change and risking a backslide. The latter option may at least afford you the opportunity to get over the hump.

Grass isn’t always greener on the other side but sometimes you just want to see a different patch of grass.

HanD

Reaction score
And if you pay a qb 50m you expect 24-39 193 yards 1td 2ints (pick 6) and a 61 passer rating? His poor play isn't the sole reason but he didn't help one bit. Most QBs don't have a 60m cap hit, force a short deal with a no trade clause so he can cash in a second time.

Reaction score
Reasonable people can’t dispute that Dak is a top ten or top 10 fringe QB, but where opinions differ are thoughts on his ability to lead a team through the playoffs. You have to admit, what we witnessed for years does not instill confidence. You get to a point where you got to make a choice between running it back (results likely the same), or making a change and risking a backslide. The latter option may at least afford you the opportunity to get over the hump.

Grass isn’t always greener on the other side but sometimes you just want to see a different patch of grass.
Doesn't really matter which direction you go. We're screwed either way. Better get rid of Dak and save some cash for your future.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
Top 10 to some yes, more realistic is 11-16.
Playoff choke artist
Struggles against better teams
Pats stats against bottom feeder teams
8 seasons completed still can’t get it done.
Coach killer
Not a QB that elevates players around him
Needs all pro HOF players at all offensive positions to carry him
Has trouble processing information while playing
Takes up to much cap space for production
The list goes on but he is who he is and not much has changed from his scouting report pre draft
You must be happy with participation trophies and low draft picks because that’s all Dak gets you.
I would rather keep rolling the dice than sticking with a proven loser come crunch time

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he needs superstars at every position to carry him, not hard to understand. when he gets paid that dream isn't happening. It's not hard to understand, so enjoy the next 4 or 5 years with less. It bothers me none, I'm loving it. :D

Brax

Reaction score
"I don't understand a lot of you about Dak". Not hard to understand, we have wasted 8 years of our lives watching a choker who will never have enough superstars on any team to carry him. It's not hard. The excuses for him are unreal.
The excuses keep multiplying every season as players keep getting tossed and coaches trashed to make it Dak friendly, what ever that may be. It’s everybody’s fault but Daks

Kwyn

Reaction score
If I was an Eagle fan I’d be on here telling all the Dak haters how lucky the Cowboys are to have Dak.

Ya know, like you are you’d few buds like to do.
Oh, I’ve moved to team burn it down now lol. I was rooting for Quinn to go so he’s not an easy change for Jerry after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.