I swear some fans will never get it

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm here for entertainment, and commiserating with other old fans who remember when this team was special. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I remember. Those buffoons were here in the 90’s as well they just didn’t know any better at that time and didn’t have a salary cap. Now they think they know football. They bought a brand and have turned into an empire.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You just agree with them, always?
We talk points of referenced information here. What the hell is this we'ums and them. You don't inherit sole possession or the one 'true' knowledge on a sport. That is called a discussion,..not insult.

rambo2

Reaction score
That's why I said, plus/minus a couple bargain bin pieces. That's as much change as we can expect.
There will be around 10 new players. A good chance of having a new center, defensive tackle, rinning back,and linebackers. The 1st round pick has a chance of being an outstanding player. I think that they sign at least 1 free agent that is considered to be a top player this time. We will see.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I remember. Those buffoons were here in the 90’s as well they just didn’t know any better at that time and didn’t have a salary cap. Now they think they know football. They bought a brand and have turned into an empire.
You telling me 'em terrorists went and got the Empire State Building now? :muttley:

You talking other fans or a personal bias now...how many seasons did it take Landry to even get a strong winning season?

Murchison had all his Father's money as well.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think that they sign at least 1 free agent that is considered to be a top player this time. We will see.
Why on earth would you think that?

When was the last time this front office signed a top FA?

Wishful thinking I am betting.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think having Romo gave me at least some hope we could win in spite of Garrett. I have none of that faith in Dak.

To me, it's more of the fact that the players just flat out didn't show up. I said this in a new thread that I posted, but, the more I watch the tape on the game, the more blame I put on the players on offense, and less I put on Mike. Mike was calling plays that the players were comfortable with all season. They just didn't execute the plays in one way or another.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why on earth would you think that?

When was the last time this front office signed a top FA?

Wishful thinking I am betting.
I think that because of what the team needs and what will be available and because the fans are pissed off.

CCBoy

Reaction score
To me, it's more of the fact that the players just flat out didn't show up. I said this in a new thread that I posted, but, the more I watch the tape on the game, the more blame I put on the players on offense, and less I put on Mike. Mike was calling plays that the players were comfortable with all season. They just didn't execute the plays in one way or another.
Momentum and rhythm are very important to this team.

I put this game on the defense. They forced the offense to be very predictable and easily attacked as all good teams currently do.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
That is a valid indicator of what a team actually has to work with. A super bowl not current doesn't tell the real progress one has to continue in the path.

In the NFL, those indicators are still valid and strong...not a cure all for a fan's disappointment. Blame is deserved upon football aspects and not just targeted at Jerry. As to players, there is more than escape goat useages in discussions as well. There is a lot of real quality on this Dallas team as well. Explore that...
Oh, for sure we have talent. That's one of the frustrating things about this team is the talent we squander with an owner who refuses to add those missing ingredients year in and year out. Romo could have 2 rings easily.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh, for sure we have talent. That's one of the frustrating things about this team is the talent we squander with an owner who refuses to add those missing ingredients year in and year out. Romo could have 2 rings easily.
I understand your frustrations. I'm a fan as well.

Don't sell Jerry short just yet. Applied on sport, he's been around and learned the whole time. He's no fool and has prepared and sought imput his whole time.

He has direction and knows when and how to make a strong application on management and preparation. Don't sell him short on real directions. He has a hell of a team at present and needs a few more changes in this current team. A change in coach and Coordinators require time for the offense and defense to catch up with.

Ask Philadelphia who changed both.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tom Landry Fans left..they took a gamble and lost in the 90s!!

I'd say, if you are FED up with Jerry Jones Family's stewardship of the Dallas Cowboys JUST LEAVE!!!
I've gone from hoping to win the race to just waiting for the inevitable crash on turn 3 late. Either way, I'm watching. Just for the entertainment value.

One of the more entertaining parts is seeing fans who are shocked every time the race ends the same way. Youtube is full of them this week. :popcorn:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I've gone from hoping to win the race to just waiting for the inevitable crash on turn 3 late. Either way, I'm watching. Just for the entertainment value.

One of the more entertaining parts is seeing fans who are shocked every time the race ends the same way. Youtube is full of them this week. :popcorn:
The sad thing is, once Green Bay went up 7-0 and Dallas went three and out to start the game, I mentally checked out. I already knew it was over. You could just tell from the body language of both teams that the game was already over and the Cowboys were once again happy being regular season champions.

kskboys

Reaction score
I truly think we are headed for Campo-Era times after this. If the Green Bay game was a reflection of our true team, and Jerry is wheeling back the same team...we might not win 5 games. If something happened and the locker room turned toxic...and Jerry is wheeling back the same team, we might not win 5 games. And I mean...we're wheeling back the same team, plus one or two bargain bin players.
To get that bad Jerry would have to trade off two 1sts for a WR. Not out of the realm of possibilities.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
I understand your frustrations. I'm a fan as well.

Don't sell Jerry short just yet. Applied on sport, he's been around and learned the whole time. He's no fool and has prepared and sought imput his whole time.

He has direction and knows when and how to make a strong application on management and preparation. Don't sell him short on real directions. He has a hell of a team at present and needs a few more changes in this current team. A change in coach and Coordinators require time for the offense and defense to catch up with.

Ask Philadelphia who changed both.
I just don't think those changes are possible with what we have.

Player selection.
Square pegs in round holes.
Understanding of what other teams are doing to you on the field.
Situationally naive play call.
Objective deficient play design.
Players not understanding their individual roles and objectives during each play, maybe never even made aware, maybe never even realized by the coaching staff that is supposed to make them aware.