I think all owe Claiborne an apology *merged*

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Claiborne was not doing so good in this game and I notice some of us was giving him crap the whole game. Right when we need a turnover Claiborne give us it in the form of a pick. Let all give props to him.

ok, I am not a Claiborne basher as much as he has underwhelmed as a top 10 pick. there will always be misses on draft even in the top 10. with that said, one play doesn't make up for as bad as he has been playing, plus he didn't make the play as much as the QB over threw the ball. even a blind dog finds a bone now and then and that's exactly what happened. I fully expect Claiborne to be benched at some point this season, and have scandrick move to starting role. I think given this was scandrick's first couple of weeks back and that because Claiborne is a top 10 pick, the leash is a little longer, but it won't last. probably by week 5 or 6 we will see scandrick. its time to move on from Mo, and I doubt if we resign him after next year. lets just write this one off as a loss and get on to the next thing

Venger

Reaction score
You know who owes everyone a Claiborne apology? This guy...

408x287.jpg

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I think some are giving Claiborne too much credit on that INT, even though it was a good play, because there was coverage underneath the WR. That made Claiborne job easier by making sure he doesn't get beat deep. Still happy that he caught it to secure the victory, but I don't see that pick happening if it wasn't for the underneath coverage.

dfense

Reaction score
Claiborne was not doing so good in this game and I notice some of us was giving him crap the whole game. Right when we need a turnover Claiborne give us it in the form of a pick. Let all give props to him.

I was hoping his decline to take the wonderlic was not a sign of things to come. I was wrong. Whoever had him ranked so high as a prospect should be fired and beaten. The only reason he picked off that last pass was because he was in better position than the receiver. Even a blind squirrel......

The only hope now is to cut bait, hope another NFC East team is foolish enough to believe they can salvage him so he can play against Dallas twice a year.

erod

Reaction score
Wonderlic scores matter. Claiborne can barely tie his shoes, let alone understand NFL coverage.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
All I know is that the Saint offensive coordinators are licking their chops this week for an arial show better than your local Blue Angels. It's a slam dunk for all fantasy participants questioning who to play next week if you have Bree's or any saint receivers. Get your butter and jelly ready because Claiborne and Wilcox will be toast next week.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He made a nice INT at the end but he was doing pretty poor the rest of the game. They abused him to regularly in the game for my tastes. It was a pretty bad performance by Mo.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news, Everybody!

At least we've found our new whipping boy. I think it's just about unanimous, right?

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that the final interception ending yesterday's game against the Rams had more to do with a badly thrown ball and a lot of luck rather than skill.

In 2012, the Dallas Cowboys sat at #14 overall in the first round. They traded the St. Louis Rams for the 6th overall pick and gave them our 1/14 and our 2/14 picks, all to pick up Mr. Morris Claiborne. They did this all while the offensive line, safety, and linebacker positions were in starving need. At Cornerback we had Brandon Carr and Mike Jenkins(pro bowl cornerback).

Let's take a look at who we passed up:

7BuccaneersMark BarronSS
8DolphinsRyan TannehillQB
9PanthersLuke KuechlyILB
10BillsStephon GilmoreCB
11ChiefsDontari PoeDT
12EaglesFletcher CoxDT
13CardinalsMichael FloydWR
14RamsMichael BrockersDT

So.... Now begs the question. Is Morris Claiborne a bust?

Frozen700

Reaction score
I'm done with this guy.

He can't seem to keep his hands to himself.

Just like Alan ball had a neck issue(Would never turn to look for the ball)

This guy loves to touch men. He is also horrible at coverage.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
A broken clock is right twice a day. Let's not excuse the remainder of the day.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Claiborne is a bust and the pick meant nothing. Davis over threw his target and if Clai was playing where he should have been it would have been an incomplete pass. Because he was out of position, and the length of the pass, he got the pick.

Had Austin been as accurate as he had been all day, that would have been a huge completion.