I think Choice and Barber are both out of here

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
rynochop;3936347 said:
Barber is one my favorite Cowboys, a pro's pro. Never complained about his role when he should have been starting over Julius, slapped hands with him coming off the field, etc. I'd make a bad GM cause i would have a soft spot with these type players and want to keep them, but his time has come unfortunately.

Choice I dont trust, never been enamored with his play, and he fumbles too much, will never get over the week one fumble to the Skins, even though he should have never had the ball

He has fumbled once as a Cowboy on a play that should have never been called. Barber is gone because he is horrible, I still think Choice sticks around even with Murray on the team.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Nirvana;3936412 said:
Tashard Choice ran for a whopping 243 yards last year - all season. That was on 66 carries averaging 3.7 yards a carry.

Add to that this comment made by Jerry on Nov 30:

""First of all, Tashard needs to be a better special teams player," Jones said on his twice-a-week radio show on KRLD-FM. "Your third back has to be a real contributor on special teams and he’s not. That really handicaps him."

Do the math.

I think you also have to factor in a pretty important factor. Most of his carries came out of that stupid Wild Cat BS and that gave him next to no chance to really do anything.

Choice has proven in his career, already, that he can carry the load if given the chance, like that 3 game stretch his rookie year.

I'd much rather keep him than Barber and that has nothing to do with attitude or a dislike of Barber. I really love Barber and hate that his play has declined so much.

Muhast;3936479 said:
Pretty ignorant statement.

That fumble against the Skins was his first career fumble.

Over 3 seasons:

222 carries, 1064 yards, 8 tds, 4.8 ypc 1 fumble.

He has trade value, and some team will be happy to have him. For whatever reason it's not us. But he will goto somebody and make plays for them. Those are great numbers for a backup rb.

Yeah I love how one fumble some how makes the guy a fumbling machine.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3936767 said:
Crayton showed a lot more than Choice ever has. The Cowboys got what, a 7th round draft choice for Crayton?

All this talk about Choice having trade value. A 7th round draft pick would be generous. A 6th would be a major coup....

I think you are right for the most part. I think the best to expect would be a trade with conditions, if Choice were to tear it up the compensation would adjust accordingly.

Craig

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
PJTHEDOORS;3936395 said:
Release Choise, who is just 26 in his 4th year. For a rookie who hasn't even proven one thing yet. Wow. I'd rather wait and see in training camp and the preseason games how Murray does. I am sure SOME team would trade a 5th for Choise. Release him, nah.

That Choice is 3rd string in his FOURTH year is exactly why he's going to be released. That and because he's an idiot.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Nirvana;3936412 said:
Tashard Choice ran for a whopping 243 yards last year - all season. That was on 66 carries averaging 3.7 yards a carry.

""First of all, Tashard needs to be a better special teams player," Jones said on his twice-a-week radio show on KRLD-FM. "Your third back has to be a real contributor on special teams and he’s not. That really handicaps him."

Do the math.

That's doing something though right? It's SOMETHING.

BTW: Choice is NOTHING like Murray out of the backfield. He can only DREAM of that type of talent out of the back.

No speed and no hands and can't block.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3936648 said:
Interesting. I don't keep up with stats and all that but all I can remember thinking about Felix is that he should be so much better. I, to be honest, have up to this point thought we should be doing better at that position. Perhaps I misjudged his production..didn't watch close enough (last year was such a turn off to me I literally did turn off games and that's something I've not done in the past)
:)

I would bet that 99% of Cowboys fans don't know that Felix Jones led the league--by a mile--in YAC per target last year.

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3936706 said:
This will not be popular. I'd rather keep Barber than Choice.
[URL="http://th1224.***BLOCKED***/albums/ee369/Sir_Relyt/Gifs/th_fd26b16daca119d96ca26b186a489f5f.gif"]http://th1224.***BLOCKED***/albums/ee369/Sir_Relyt/Gifs/th_fd26b16daca119d96ca26b186a489f5f.gif[/URL]

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Hostile;3936706 said:
This will not be popular. I'd rather keep Barber than Choice.

With D.Murray and Felix, I also think Barber is a better fit to round out the RB group. Just not sure you can justify paying him big $ to be a RB who only touches the ball 3-5 times/game - if that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
clutch88;3936337 said:
I think choice has trade value because he has proven to be an above average RB.

he is a situational back that can start if necessary. long term he is not the answer. he is not complete by any means. he can't catch. he can't block. he is not super fast. he is not super strong.

and please dont' bring up the emmitt comparisons....emmitt was good enough to be drafted in the first round. this kid is a 4th rounder who can't get any carries in some games.

he has a 5th or 6th round trade value.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nirvana;3936412 said:

Do the math.

And what about Jerry looking like a fool and doing an about-face after Choice put up 100 yards in a shocking win over the Colts?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3936603 said:
No it isn't. His blitz pick up is the number 1 reason why he is 3rd string.

I have yet to see any visual evidence of this being the case.

I think it's yet another straw folks grasp for to try to justify how or why this team refuses to play its' best running back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like both Barber and Choice but honestly I would not be shocked if they do not return. 3rd string backs just do not get much playing time and Choice is not on special teams. Barber contract is too high for a guy whose snaps are continuing to go down.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Choice could probably fetch a 3rd in a trade. I would rather him be on the team, however.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3939500 said:
Choice could probably fetch a 3rd in a trade. I would rather him be on the team, however.

Maybe some team's "3rd".....choice in the 7th round.

Choice isn't worth crap. No one will be trading for him.

Stautner

Reaction score
rynochop;3936347 said:
Barber is one my favorite Cowboys, a pro's pro. Never complained about his role when he should have been starting over Julius, slapped hands with him coming off the field, etc. I'd make a bad GM cause i would have a soft spot with these type players and want to keep them, but his time has come unfortunately.

Choice I dont trust, never been enamored with his play, and he fumbles too much, will never get over the week one fumble to the Skins, even though he should have never had the ball

This is the kind of pure fabricated BS that people have mindlessley bought into about Choice. since when is one fumble IN HIS CAREER fumbling too much.

Same goes for the troublemaker tag people put on him - where is the substance behind this claim. He's been asked by the media about playing time and has said he wants to play more. Why would we want someone that doesn't want to play or doesn't have the confidence to play? I don't recall anyone questioning his work ethic or saying he is a lockerroom problem so where is the basis for the claim?

HoleInTheRoof;3936408 said:
My sources tell me that the team doesn't care for Choice's inability to pass block nor play special teams. He will not likely make the roster in 2012.

THIS will be Choice's downfall if he ends up being bumped back and either traded or cut at some point. No attitude issues, no fumble problems, just not as complete and well rounded as the team wants in a role player.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Stautner;3939507 said:
THIS will be Choice's downfall if he ends up being bumped back and either traded or cut at some point. No attitude issues, no fumble problems, just not as complete and well rounded as the team wants in a role player.
And Bingo was his name-o.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stautner;3939507 said:
This is the kind of pure fabricated BS that people have mindlessley bought into about Choice. since when is one fumble IN HIS CAREER fumbling too much.

Same goes for the troublemaker tag people put on him - where is the substance behind this claim. He's been asked by the media about playing time and has said he wants to play more. Why would we want someone that doesn't want to play or doesn't have the confidence to play? I don't recall anyone questioning his work ethic or saying he is a lockerroom problem so where is the basis for the claim?

Personally, I think folks are grasping at straws trying to justify why the team isn't playing the team's best running back.

The same way folks try to justify bad draft picks when they happen or other bad personnel decisions.

They switch-off and defer to the team and state that they 'know better than we do'.

Easier than thinking for themselves I guess.