I think Dak supporters on this board need to be less volatile

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nothing I said is juvenile. Chargers are a good team this year, would have been 4-2 as well if they didn’t lose to the 3-4 Cardinals. They aren’t the worst teams. Calling them worse than the Panther or the Patriots wasn’t my comment. And the bills+Josh looked good against them as they should have, it’s not like how Dak looked against the 1-6 Browns or the 2-5 Giants or the 2-5 Saints.

That is the entire point. Dak has peaks and valleys, but his valleys are much lower than those other two QBs. Dallas would be better with a QB who can keep his team competitive when it’s not their day.
Dak beat the Browns what are you even talking about lol? You're just going on a tangent now. The same 1-6 Browns team the Eagles beat by 4 points.....AT HOME lol.

What on earth does this conversation have to do with Dak? We were talking about Josh and Lamar and now you've tried to switch subjects to make up for your defense. Go back to the original comment out of those 4 wins the Bills have how many of those are playoff teams? Go back and scroll up if you forgot what we were talking about because it surely wasn't about Dak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dak beat the Browns what are you even talking about lol? You're just going on a tangent now. The same 1-6 Browns team the Eagles beat by 4 points.....AT HOME lol.

What on earth does this conversation have to do with Dak? We were talking about Josh and Lamar and now you've tried to switch subjects to make up for your defense. Go back to the original comment out of those 4 wins the Bills have how many of those are playoff teams? Go back and scroll up if you forgot what we were talking about because it surely wasn't about Dak.
It’s because you jumped into the middle of a conversation of Dak vs Josh and Lamar. No subject was switched, getting you up to speed. Without the Dak lynchpin the conversation, its talking point with no context. No rebuttal from either of us would make any sense because it wouldn’t fit where the comment came from.

I was talking to someone else about Dak. You quoted me discussing those 2 QBs relative to Dak. If you don’t want to talk about Dak, that’s okay, but you’re in a Dak thread budging in to continue a Dak conversation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s because you jumped into the middle of a conversation of Dak vs Josh and Lamar. No subject was switched, getting you up to speed. Without the Dak lynchpin the conversation, its talking point with no context. No rebuttal from either of us would make any sense because it wouldn’t fit where the comment came from.

I was talking to someone else about Dak. You quoted me discussing those 2 QBs relative to Dak. If you don’t want to talk about Dak, that’s okay, but you’re in a Dak thread budging in to continue a Dak conversation.
You literally replied with this:

They were 4-2 when they got Amari. And Jackson had 2 MVPs before he ever played with Henry
This is what we were talking about.

You're on a whole Cowboy message board "judging in to continue a Dak conversation".

And then bring up Dak in the Browns game which he won. Just being a weirdo. We're on a bye week and you guys just came off a big win against someone who I Can't even remember and you're here trolling.

The whole point of the post above was the Ravens knew Lamar wasn't enough and went out and got Henry. Bills got rid of Diggs and realized they made a mistake regardless of the trash teams they've beaten(yes those teams are *** ***) and they went out and got Amari. Just like the Eagles who have a stacked roster as is saw Hurts isn't good enough with a stacked roster so they decided to go and get the best RB on the market and Barkley. What are you arguing here? GO get a QB that can win with less? Sign me up go get him. If it was that easy I'd imagine Eagles would've signed someone off the street and not paid a running back 55 million a year to throw the football.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You literally replied with this:

This is what we were talking about.

You're on a whole Cowboy message board "judging in to continue a Dak conversation".

And then bring up Dak in the Browns game which he won. Just being a weirdo. We're on a bye week and you guys just came off a big win against someone who I Can't even remember and you're here trolling.

The whole point of the post above was the Ravens knew Lamar wasn't enough and went out and got Henry. Bills got rid of Diggs and realized they made a mistake regardless of the trash teams they've beaten(yes those teams are *** ***) and they went out and got Amari. Just like the Eagles who have a stacked roster as is saw Hurts isn't good enough with a stacked roster so they decided to go and get the best RB on the market and Barkley. What are you arguing here? GO get a QB that can win with less? Sign me up go get him. If it was that easy I'd imagine Eagles would've signed someone off the street and not paid a running back 55 million a year to throw the football.
A QB can not have a great performance in a game his team won, there is nothing weird about that. What is with the name calling tonight? This is not your typical reaction. Rockport doesn’t need a replacement.

Theres no trolling, I didn’t make this thread, I am discussing the contents of it. Nothing was I said was trollish, it’s sincere and in spirit of the thread/comment I replied to. Just people people don’t share your opinion doesn’t make them trolls… could be good life advice. They’re not out to get you

But if you’d like to change to your new subject: don’t worry about our QB situation, because Philadelphia can make the SB with a lesser QB, we’ve done it 3 times already in the last 20 years. You can’t, and you don’t need 20 more years of convincing. That’s the QB situation to be concerned about. Signing Dak again longterm means you’re not even going to try to get better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A QB can not have a great performance in a game his team won, there is nothing weird about that. What is with the name calling tonight? This is not your typical reaction. Rockport doesn’t need a replacement.

Theres no trolling, I didn’t make this thread, I am discussing the contents of it. Nothing was I said was trollish, it’s sincere and in spirit of the thread/comment I replied to. Just people people don’t share your opinion doesn’t make them trolls… could be good life advice. They’re not out to get you

But if you’d like to change to your new subject: don’t worry about our QB situation, because Philadelphia can make the SB with a lesser QB, we’ve done it 3 times already in the last 20 years. You can’t, and you don’t need 20 more years of convincing. That’s the QB situation to be concerned about. Signing Dak again longterm means you’re not even going to try to get better.
What name did I call you?

And Eagles made the SB with Nick Foles playing good football and Jalen Hurts playing good football even being a MVP candidate. So if you think you will be in the Super Bowl with a "lesser QB" good luck. But like you Eagle fans love to remind me "Hurts outplayed Mahomes in the SB"......Your "lesser QB" situation got you a first round exit next to us despite having a stacked roster and the best offensive line in the league, best receiving group, best tight end group.....but I get it. You guys have Kellen Moore now and he's the savior lol.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What name did I call you?

And Eagles made the SB with Nick Foles playing good football and Jalen Hurts playing good football even being a MVP candidate. So if you think you will be in the Super Bowl with a "lesser QB" good luck. But like you Eagle fans love to remind me "Hurts outplayed Mahomes in the SB"......Your "lesser QB" situation got you a first round exit next to us despite having a stacked roster and the best offensive line in the league, best receiving group, best tight end group.....but I get it. You guys have Kellen Moore now and he's the savior lol.
We can win with lesser QB’s playing above their expectation. That is not something Dallas has been proven to do. Thats really all there is to it. You haven’t been a breeding ground for players playing beyond their measure for a long time now. It’s been the opposite.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Look. I know this thread seems like me calling somebody out but it’s not. I admittedly have gotten angry and insulted Dak, but I have very rarely or ever personally insulted members here. I login to post with fellow Cowboys fans and talk about the team! Also everyday I have to deal with Dak fans attacking my integrity and saying volatile things to me and other members on this board. This thread’s intention isn’t argument. It’s peace. If you don’t like our Dak threads then don’t look at them. Don’t read them. Don’t post in them. Some of us are trying to have discussion here and all we get is personal insult after personal insult. There are a lot of great members on this board who agree with me that Dak ain’t the answer. If you don’t agree fine but enough of the personal insults! If you don’t agree with our threads then stop attacking us in them!!
This is not in support of Dak, but it gets tiresome when every single thread has to have Dak mentioned, even when the thread is not even remotely related to Dak, there is a lot of Mud Slinging on both sides, so do not pretend one side is at fault or worse than the other. There are some here it seems, that their entire online identity revolves around their hatred for Dak. The thread can be about the secondary, pass rush whatever but invariably some rabid Dak Hater feels compelled to bring him into the conversation.

The Game threads when the Cowboys are not involved will always have Dak mentioned, a pass that Baker, Purdy or whatever other QB threw had nothing to do with Dak or the Cowboys, but still some just can't help themselves. The Mods put in warnings to "Thread Ban" in those Game threads and it still doesn't work. I'm sure the Mods don't keep stats, but would be curious to know how many posts get deleted because posters couldn't follow one simple rule.

It's just tiresome, it's tiresome for those that like Dak, dislike Dak, or are neutral about Dak. Some of that hate you may feel may be less about how they feel about Dak and more about having yet another thread get derailed. How about a deal that all Pro or Con Dak remarks stay out of threads that do not involve Dak? This is supposed to be CowboysZone not DakZone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can win with lesser QB’s playing above their expectation. That is not something Dallas has been proven to do. Thats really all there is to it. You haven’t been a breeding ground for players playing beyond their measure for a long time now. It’s been the opposite.
What exactly have you won? It's been 70 years and you have one ring......and the ring was with Nick Files. You are speaking like you have a rich history like the Steelers or the 49ers or the Cowboys....what is this "winning with lesser QB's" garbage? Or are you talking about regular season wins? It can't be about Super Bowls. You've been to 3 Super Bowls the last 30 year and have lost all but one....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What exactly have you won? It's been 70 years and you have one ring......and the ring was with Nick Files. You are speaking like you have a rich history like the Steelers or the 49ers or the Cowboys....what is this "winning with lesser QB's" garbage? Or are you talking about regular season wins? It can't be about Super Bowls. You've been to 3 Super Bowls the last 30 year and have lost all but one....
It’s the relativity of Philly’s QB situation you brought up vs Dallas’ I did. Things that happened in the 1970’s have little to do with Dak Prescott’s situation now.

When Kyler Murray played against the Lions, he did better than Dak Prescott. When Matt Stafford played against the Lions, he did better than Dak Prescott. When Sam Darnold played against the Lions, he did dramatically better than Dak Prescott. When Geno Smith played against the Lions, he did dramatically better than Dak Prescott.

Yes, your defense was terrible, but giving up 47 is not the reason the game was hopeless. If you gave up 40, you still lose badly. If you gave up 35, you still lose badly. If you gave up 30, you still lose badly. Cut it allllll the way down to 25, and you still lose by multiple possessions. You are allowed to try and fight back when the other team goes on a run. But 3 field goals marks the FIFTH time in just over 24 months that a Dak Prescott-led team has lost by 20+, most in the league next to Bryce Young.

Even if you give up 47, try. Try to get it to 47-30, or 47-37 before the final clock. There is some disconnect with Dak and the rest of the offense where they accept their fate and they just don’t care. It’s the valleys, that doesn’t happen to most QBs. It’s his big flaw

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s the relativity of Philly’s QB situation you brought up vs Dallas’ I did. Things that happened in the 1970’s have little to do with Dak Prescott’s situation now.

When Kyler Murray played against the Lions, he did better than Dak Prescott. When Matt Stafford played against the Lions, he did better than Dak Prescott. When Sam Darnold played against the Lions, he did dramatically better than Dak Prescott. When Geno Smith played against the Lions, he did dramatically better than Dak Prescott.

Yes, your defense was terrible, but giving up 47 is not the reason the game was hopeless. If you gave up 40, you still lose badly. If you gave up 35, you still lose badly. If you gave up 30, you still lose badly. Cut it allllll the way down to 25, and you still lose by multiple possessions. You are allowed to try and fight back when the other team goes on a run. But 3 field goals marks the FIFTH time in just over 24 months that a Dak Prescott-led team has lost by 20+, most in the league next to Bryce Young.

Even if you give up 47, try. Try to get it to 47-30, or 47-37 before the final clock. There is some disconnect with Dak and the rest of the offense where they accept their fate and they just don’t care. It’s the valleys, that doesn’t happen to most QBs. It’s his big flaw
What’s your point? I thought you was gonna explain how you win with this lesser talent but you just made a most about Dak which I never understood weird obsession Eagles fans have with Dak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What’s your point? I thought you was gonna explain how you win with this lesser talent but you just made a most about Dak which I never understood weird obsession Eagles fans have with Dak.
By signing Dak, Dallas has lost the opportunity to obtain a QB who can limit the bad play enough to give the team more consistency. That was the through line

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
By signing Dak, Dallas has lost the opportunity to obtain a QB who can limit the bad play enough to give the team more consistency. That was the through line
Ok? I mean when he was making 500,000 not like we were doing much better actually we’ve done better since paying him. Sucks though I guess both Eagles and Cowboys will be watching two teams in the SB who’s paying their qbs peanuts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would absolutely love it. It's a very small group ruining the boards for the large majority.
Hilarious.

When you were a mod in the old official boards, you and the rest of the mods did nothing to stop the overwhelming majority from attacking anyone who was critical of Romo. Y'all even gave long suspensions and bans to those few critics. I've seen you like many comments from the majority here who hate and criticize Dak. Oooh, but now it's the select few Dak supporters who are the problem once again?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ok? I mean when he was making 500,000 not like we were doing much better actually we’ve done better since paying him. Sucks though I guess both Eagles and Cowboys will be watching two teams in the SB who’s paying their qbs peanuts.
Maybe, maybe not. Philly isn’t out until they’re out

Dak’s rookie contract should have given the information needed on not one but two extensions: he was a different QB when he didn’t have Amari Cooper in 2018. They had to continually load the offense for him to be effective. Now we’re seeing his skill base deplete and he’s reverting again. This was predictable. The fact you weren’t doing much better when he was making 500k should have been the sign needed

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Hilarious.

When you were a mod in the old official boards, you and the rest of the mods did nothing to stop the overwhelming majority from attacking anyone who was critical of Romo. Y'all even gave long suspensions and bans to those few critics. I've seen you like many comments from the majority here who hate and criticize Dak. Oooh, but now it's the select few Dak supporters who are the problem once again?
Yes they did, they created a dedicated Romo subgroup and made people move all conversations there. That made it much more clean and coherent than seeing everything detail like it does here

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Philly isn’t out until they’re out

Dak’s rookie contract should have given the information needed on not one but two extensions: he was a different QB when he didn’t have Amari Cooper in 2018. They had to continually load the offense for him to be effective. Now we’re seeing his skill base deplete and he’s reverting again. This was predictable. The fact you weren’t doing much better when he was making 500k should have been the sign needed
How much better do you think he should’ve done? Should he be able to overcome not being able to stop the run and teams running for 200 yards on you? I’ve never seen a quarterback win a ring with no defense or limited weapons. A Eagle fan can’t really speak on Cowboy matters just like a Cowboy fan can’t speak on Eagles matters you don’t follow the team close enough so you’re just going to regurgitate tired points made by people on ESPN.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How much better do you think he should’ve done? Should he be able to overcome not being able to stop the run and teams running for 200 yards on you? I’ve never seen a quarterback win a ring with no defense or limited weapons. A Eagle fan can’t really speak on Cowboy matters just like a Cowboy fan can’t speak on Eagles matters you don’t follow the team close enough so you’re just going to regurgitate tired points made by people on ESPN.
I’m here practically every day. You know very well I follow the team as much or more than a lot of the fans on this board.

He doesn’t have to win a ring by himself, just show that he isn’t helpless. Maybe you’re not destined for the Super Bowl this year, but that isn’t an excuse to show up for a game just to collect a paycheck. 5 times now since December 2022. And that’s not even counting the GB playoff game where later TDs brought it closer than 20. This is too frequent. 9 points in a professional NFL game… show that if Jerry did try and give him weapons it would be worth it, because it doesn’t appear like it is. Do you know the last time that Josh Allen lost by 35 points? It was the first game of his rookie year, 7 years ago. Lamar? Most he’s ever lost by is 21, once. Jalen Hurts? He lost by 23 to the Bucs in that playoff game, worst he’s ever done.

Do we believe this is the last time this will happen this year? It goes all the way back to the question originally brought forth: if you believe none of this is Dak’s fault and it’s really the team, can Dak ever win a SB in Dallas?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't mind every single Dak thread moved into it's own Sub-Forum.
At this point it just makes sense, and there’s a track record of its success. But the downside is that is then the mods admitting that the franchise quarterback has become too controversial a topic to tolerate, and is that worth acknowledging?