I think Dak supporters on this board need to be less volatile

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m here practically every day. You know very well I follow the team as much or more than a lot of the fans on this board.

He doesn’t have to win a ring by himself, just show that he isn’t helpless. Maybe you’re not destined for the Super Bowl this year, but that isn’t an excuse to show up for a game just to collect a paycheck. 5 times now since December 2022. And that’s not even counting the GB playoff game where later TDs brought it closer than 20. This is too frequent. 9 points in a professional NFL game… show that if Jerry did try and give him weapons it would be worth it, because it doesn’t appear like it is. Do you know the last time that Josh Allen lost by 35 points? It was the first game of his rookie year, 7 years ago. Lamar? Most he’s ever lost by is 21, once. Jalen Hurts? He lost by 23 to the Bucs in that playoff game, worst he’s ever done.

Do we believe this is the last time this will happen this year? It goes all the way back to the question originally brought forth: if you believe none of this is Dak’s fault and it’s really the team, can Dak ever win a SB in Dallas?
Coming on this site doesn’t mean you follow the Cowboys lol.

Anyone knowledgeable about the game knows if you can’t run the football or stop the run you can’t win. So I’m sorry you’re telling me he needs to show that he can win without a running game is insane logic. The team is so fundamentally flawed and I’m a shocked an Eagle fan doesn’t see it especially since your team is too. Your coaching is terrible. What you guys have going for you is talent. But even some of that talent we overrate like Devonta and Jordan Davis aren’t producing at a high level.

I’m not gonna get into what this guy can win vs what that guy can win. I did not come into this thread to argue if Dak is as good as Josh or Mahomes. You can have that argument. My only stance is if your team isn’t good enough you get better or you try. You don’t sit on your hands. And this excuse that Dak salary is stopping you is crap because there was a lot of talent that went for cheap and they didn’t even make the phone call.

The issue with the Cowboys is they overrate their talent and underrate how important it is to have a good offensive scheme.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Coming on this site doesn’t mean you follow the Cowboys lol.

Anyone knowledgeable about the game knows if you can’t run the football or stop the run you can’t win. So I’m sorry you’re telling me he needs to show that he can win without a running game is insane logic. The team is so fundamentally flawed and I’m a shocked an Eagle fan doesn’t see it especially since your team is too. Your coaching is terrible. What you guys have going for you is talent. But even some of that talent we overrate like Devonta and Jordan Davis aren’t producing at a high level.

I’m not gonna get into what this guy can win vs what that guy can win. I did not come into this thread to argue if Dak is as good as Josh or Mahomes. You can have that argument. My only stance is if your team isn’t good enough you get better or you try. You don’t sit on your hands. And this excuse that Dak salary is stopping you is crap because there was a lot of talent that went for cheap and they didn’t even make the phone call.

The issue with the Cowboys is they overrate their talent and underrate how important it is to have a good offensive scheme.
You are only directly correlating good qb play with winning, when I have made the opposite argument. Dak can play well in a loss, and Dak can look bad in a win. You asked why I brought up Cleveland or NYG earlier when you won: just because the team won doesn’t automatically mean Dak had a strong game. He does not look the same as in years past. If Dallas is so fundamentally flawed, is it the flaws that make that throw the ball to the wrong jerseys? Does he not have control over that? He still had the responsibility of his assignment, his position regardless of whether the team has a running game or not. Regardless of whether the defense is playing press man or not. Regardless of whether Lamb is throwing a fit or not.

3 field goals. It’s the valleys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are only directly correlating good qb play with winning, when I have made the opposite argument. Dak can play well in a loss, and Dak can look bad in a win. You asked why I brought up Cleveland or NYG earlier when you won: just because the team won doesn’t automatically mean Dak had a strong game. He does not look the same as in years past. If Dallas is so fundamentally flawed, is it the flaws that make that throw the ball to the wrong jerseys? Does he not have control over that? He still had the responsibility of his assignment, his position regardless of whether the team has a running game or not. Regardless of whether the defense is playing press man or not. Regardless of whether Lamb is throwing a fit or not.

3 field goals. It’s the valleys
So once again what are you arguing here? If your argument is Dak isn’t playing good fair enough. I said I wouldn’t do this debate about Dak I stay out of those discussions if I have my way.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
At this point it just makes sense, and there’s a track record of its success. But the downside is that is then the mods admitting that the franchise quarterback has become too controversial a topic to tolerate, and is that worth acknowledging?
Is that really a downside, there may actually be an upswing in posts. It's not about being controversial, it's just dominating this particular. "Zone". The "Off Topic" Zone used to get a bunch of music related posts, so much in fact they made it it's own Sub Forum so as not to dominate the rest of the Off Topic Zone. The Dak posts always seem to break down into the same old shtick back and forth, at least with the music posts it wasn't the same handful of songs over and over again. We at least, in there, learned a few new tunes........lol

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Why is there never any middle ground with fans? Dak is not elite but he certainly doesn't suck. It isn't a coincidence that Dak and Romo's careers look more and more alike every season.

The offensive line is trash, they did nothing to improve at DT and the owner would rather pay Cooks and a scrub 3rd string QB than add FAs that can help them win but let's put all the deficiencies on one player year after year.

CWR

Reaction score
Why is there never any middle ground with fans? Dak is not elite but he certainly doesn't suck. It isn't a coincidence that Dak and Romo's careers look more and more alike every season.

The offensive line is trash, they did nothing to improve at DT and the owner would rather pay Cooks and a scrub 3rd string QB than add FAs that can help them win but let's put all the deficiencies on one player year after year.

Middle ground is difficult to come by here, and it's a shame. It's typically where the truth resides.

Also agreed, our next QB will be perceived the same. Nothing changes until our GM changes his approach.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There are some here it seems, that their entire online identity revolves around their hatred for Dak. The thread can be about the secondary, pass rush whatever but invariably some rabid Dak Hater feels compelled to bring him into the conversation.
:clap: :clap: :clap:100%......some simply can't post w/o mentioning Dak. I am 100% confident it's personal, which says more about them than Dak. ( it's not all his critics.... but 3-4)

plasticman

Reaction score
Suffer through a couple seasons of Chad Hutchinson/Drew Henson/Clint Stoerner/Anthony Wright/Quincy Carter type QB's and you would value the memory of Dak Prescott.

Anyone that has been a fan less than 20 years has never experienced the Cowboys with an unranked quarterback, one with more INT's than TD's.

If Dak isn't directly responsible for winning a game, he is treated as if he was the reason they lost.

I have witnessed Cowboys QB's that were directly responsible for losing games, making that one late game mistake they absolutely couldn't make.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nah

Nobody thinks you're stupid because you don't like Dak. You people are stupid because a) you can't apply your own logic to other QBs b) can't contextualize c) do not believe in data. Plus, you all cry about being victims.

You're incapable of real discussion, you just want a bunch of people telling you how right you are.
Right there you identified your analytical failure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Devil Dog, where did I say you said that? I said, "Coming from a side." That's your side of the street though. You protest with those sick individuals. Reminds of my former bandmate's argument during the Iraq Invasion. The drummer is a retired veteran, and the guitarist was a protester who went to Austin to protest with losers holding up signs that said "We support our troops. When they shoot their own!" Even though he wasn't holding up those signs, he refused to condemn those who were. I sided with the drummer.

Steve, I HAVE already. I got benched a few times over this. I refuse to cut out the names, or mark over the names, of the individuals who said those things. They said it they have to live with it. They can wish Dak would die in a plane crash and nothing happened, and the post is still there, but I get benched for calling out the pathetic people who wish harm on him. So if I post it again, I might get banned because I've been warned already. I don't care about being banned from an anti-Cowboys site. If I do post them AGAIN, I want something in return for you all thinking I'm lying. And you do think I'm lying or you two wouldn't be saying "show your evidence."
I didn't say you were lying.

If you are afraid of getting benched over it...maybe the best thing to do is not mention it at all. Another aspect, that is unfortunately pretty common, is peopel taking an isolated incident, and making it some grand popular occurrence. "They"...like...how many is "they"? There are thousands of forum members here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And by the way...if you want things to change, be the change you want.

If you do it just because someone else did...well..you just made it twice as bad. Great job.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Devil Dog, where did I say you said that? I said, "Coming from a side." That's your side of the street though. You protest with those sick individuals. Reminds of my former bandmate's argument during the Iraq Invasion. The drummer is a retired veteran, and the guitarist was a protester who went to Austin to protest with losers holding up signs that said "We support our troops. When they shoot their own!" Even though he wasn't holding up those signs, he refused to condemn those who were. I sided with the drummer.

Steve, I HAVE already. I got benched a few times over this. I refuse to cut out the names, or mark over the names, of the individuals who said those things. They said it they have to live with it. They can wish Dak would die in a plane crash and nothing happened, and the post is still there, but I get benched for calling out the pathetic people who wish harm on him. So if I post it again, I might get banned because I've been warned already. I don't care about being banned from an anti-Cowboys site. If I do post them AGAIN, I want something in return for you all thinking I'm lying. And you do think I'm lying or you two wouldn't be saying "show your evidence."
Have you really been banned? AC and Rockport spew hate and toss around insults that make anything the anti-Dakkers say seem child-like, yet never seem to get banned. Why is that? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it certainly seems like there are a few chosen ones who would get away with murdering the Pope if a CZ mod was running the trial.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Suffer through a couple seasons of Chad Hutchinson/Drew Henson/Clint Stoerner/Anthony Wright/Quincy Carter type QB's and you would value the memory of Dak Prescott.

Anyone that has been a fan less than 20 years has never experienced the Cowboys with an unranked quarterback, one with more INT's than TD's.

If Dak isn't directly responsible for winning a game, he is treated as if he was the reason they lost.

I have witnessed Cowboys QB's that were directly responsible for losing games, making that one late game mistake they absolutely couldn't make.
There can be a middle ground. For the first time in 35 years, try for a top QB inthe draft.