I think Dak supporters on this board need to be less volatile

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
See, this is why you people are not worth respecting. Nobody argues that Dak is better than Mahomes lol.

But if you're going to make the argument that Dak is bad, then it should be very easy to name 10-12 quarterbacks who would do better.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Blah blah blah.

Was Dak a top-5 quarterback last year?
Not in this old mans eyes, been watching pretenders for years my friend.
Keep reading the stat lines and being a cyberspace stat believer.
I prefer to still go old school and evaluate with my eyes and brain, it's still the instant translation.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not in this old mans eyes, been watching pretenders for years my friend.
Keep reading the stat lines and being a cyberspace stat believer.
I prefer to still go old school and evaluate with my eyes and brain, it's still the instant translation.
Right, you don't believe in data. By every metric, he was a top-5 qb.

You're literally proving my point lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Right, you don't believe in data. By every metric, he was a top-5 qb.

You're literally proving my point lol
OfCourse I reference metrics, but that is not my sole discretionary measuring stick.
I'm educated enough that I can trust my very own evaluations from what I see as well.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Look. I know this thread seems like me calling somebody out but it’s not. I admittedly have gotten angry and insulted Dak, but I have very rarely or ever personally insulted members here. I login to post with fellow Cowboys fans and talk about the team! Also everyday I have to deal with Dak fans attacking my integrity and saying volatile things to me and other members on this board. This thread’s intention isn’t argument. It’s peace. If you don’t like our Dak threads then don’t look at them. Don’t read them. Don’t post in them. Some of us are trying to have discussion here and all we get is personal insult after personal insult. There are a lot of great members on this board who agree with me that Dak ain’t the answer. If you don’t agree fine but enough of the personal insults! If you don’t agree with our threads then stop attacking us in them!!
Though there may be some truth to this...it goes both ways. I've seen Dak haters insult people who likes Dak cause he's on the TEAM. So...it's definitely not one-sided.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
OfCourse I reference metrics, but that is not my sole discretionary measuring stick.
I'm educated enough that I can trust my very own evaluations from what I see as well.
So you don't believe in data. You just keep repeating it.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Yeah the attacks on anything in here, it's childish. It's a great forum, lots of fun, and all that, but nobody comes in here to be insulted
Some...not all...of you need to look in the mirror. Some that are like your post are the pot that's calling the kettle black.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You've been wrong for 9 seasons, and you will continue to be wrong for another 4. Sulk on that reality.
No, I wanted Dak to replace Romo ...so you're wrong RIGHT NOW. And you're wrong RIGHT NOW about Dak. Stop living in the past and look at your lord and saviour for who he is - a false prophet whom the Football Gods want to see EXPOSED.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So do you actually watch football games or just believe in your "data", its an honest question.
Yes I watch a ton. But when there is a debate of "is X player better than Y" the eye test is irrelevant. That argument amounts to "because I said so," which is not credible.

Your eye test isn't better than mine, and vice versa. If you're going to sit here and say "Dak is the 9th-best QB in the league" you better be able to have tangible answers to things for the other 8 like:

- EPA and general passing stats
- WR separation and drop rates
- Blocking metrics

You also need to be able to show examples of other QBs consistently doing the things you don't think Dak can.

People like you will never do any of this. You just default to the same old "watch the games," "but the playoffs," and "WRs not getting open is excuses" nonsense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So do you actually watch football games or just believe in your "data", its an honest question.
Apparently, he can see "interception" in the stat line and tell us EXACTLY what happened on the play.

I remember when Dak lead the league in interceptions and this guy told us it was WRs fault. All over the map depending on his agenda.