CFZ I think it’s Kellen Moore

glimmerman

Reaction score
The way the Joneses promote backup QBs to OC is stupid. I'm sure there are a few former NFL QBs coaching right now, but the only one I know of who's successful is Byron Leftwich, and though he was kind of a bust, he did have some success playing.

I don't think Kellen is dumb, nor a genius. I think he's very intelligent but to be an NFL OC without anything prior coaching is detrimental to the team and himself.
He listened to people that said he is a guru. Those people are now and have been laughing at him and saying he actually believed us.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Moore is just one piece of this clown show but he DEFINITELY is no genius.

Remember Jerry said Garrett was an offensive whiz as well
There is the real problem right there!
You have a non football guy, making difficult football decisions.
Its a recipe for disaster,
Or, welcome to your 2022 Cowboys...
:banghead::facepalm::banghead::facepalm:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Moore and Dak are parts of the problem.

The big problem is the idiot upstairs who got rid of most of the offensive talent and said. Here. Make it work. We need to save cap space.
We can not do anything about upstairs. But can try to win some games..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It always baffles me that some people think there’s even a question about Moore. He had no OC coaching experience before getting the job, being anointed by Jerry. He learned Garrett’s old, antiquated system that was based simply on our 1991 playbook. Garrett’s system is so pathetic he couldn’t survive one full season as an OC with the Giants. So Kellen has little experience- and it’s with an old, antiquated system. And he has no natural feel for the flow of a game; abandons the running when it’s working, killing drives with his trick plays, etc…Moore was never qualified to be an OC. Only Jerry Jones would let this happen. Moore is not the only problem, but he is a huge part of the problem.
Kellen Moore is another example of Jerry Jones' mindset. He evaluated Jason Garrett and thought he was the real deal. Years later, he evaluated Moore using the exact same criteria. How has that worked out?

Years into his current job, Moore went into Week 1 knowing:
  • his offensive line was suspect
  • a single offensive threat on the outside who has not yet proven himself
  • a quarterback he wants to throw almost exclusively from inside the pocket
  • and a once-premier running back who had been hampered by an injury the previous season
So! What seems like Moore's gameplan for Tampa? Answer: run the ball. Does he have success running the ball and controlling time of possession? Answer: Yes. Does he stick with running the ball? Answer: No and HE runs away from what Tampa was struggling to adjust to as fast as he can. It is like he wants to make the other team's defensive coordinator's job easier.

Jones knows how to pick 'em.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Kellen Moore is another example of Jerry Jones' mindset. He evaluated Jason Garrett and thought he was the real deal. Years later, he evaluated Moore using the exact same criteria. How has that worked out?

Years into his current job, Moore went into Week 1 knowing:
  • his offensive line was suspect
  • a single offensive threat on the outside who has not yet proven himself
  • a quarterback he wants to throw almost exclusively from inside the pocket
  • and a once-premier running back who had been hampered by an injury the previous season
So! What seems like Moore's gameplan for Tampa? Answer: run the ball. Does he have success running the ball and controlling time of possession? Answer: Yes. Does he stick with running the ball? Answer: No and HE runs away from what Tampa was struggling to adjust to as fast as he can. It is like he wants to make the other team's defensive coordinator's job easier.

Jones knows how to pick 'em.
He does this every time. Run 12 personnel and power run. Use your TEs. Play action.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You proved my point.

When you're the OC and Dak is the QB you have to work with your career is ruined.

That's why Linehan is jobless and Moore is not getting any looks.

No they are where they are because they suck. Linehan sucked long term. Moore is new to the suck parade but he sucks too. Romo didn’t suck and he won nothing because he played in Dallas. 27 years and no QB has had real success.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No they are where they are because they suck. Linehan sucked long term. Moore is new to the suck parade but he sucks too. Romo didn’t suck and he won nothing because he played in Dallas. 27 years and no QB has had real success.
I wonder if Aikman had Moore as OC how long it would be before he slapped him upside the head and say run the ball.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You proved my point.

When you're the OC and Dak is the QB you have to work with your career is ruined.

That's why Linehan is jobless and Moore is not getting any looks.
Ummm because of Dak; Moore got interviews he should not have gotten this past off season. You must have slept for the winter?
giphy.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Moore was not the genius people thought. He may be able to read defenses quickly on the field. But that don’t mean he can draw up NFL plays.

He has the same game plan and if our talent on the field can execute it against the opposing defense then we look good and win. I know that some will say yeah thats the way it works. But he is not a situational playcaller and for sure not a situational game planner.

If we don’t get 10 yards a run then he will abandon it. He panics and goes straight pass. Now when we had 3 top WR on the field he could make it work when the QB has time.

Last year… the same game plan we had the talent until injuries. Dak and Elliot and some O-Line. Time to change things up. Nope.

This season he knew our WR corps was not strong. Game plan. The same anyways.

He should have had a field day using the TEs.. We have 3 descent ones and can block. How much did we use 12 personnel. Use the 12 personnel and power run the football and use the TEs on short passes. Play action off that. You have the TEs this year. Furgy and Hendershot can play. They can set up blocks and move the ball.

JJ screwed us on the roster and a good OC and HC should be able to adjust. Unless he is wanting this to happen to fire them at the end of year. He will have to use 1st round pick to get Peyton.

Moore use your dang head and make it work, don’t make it easy on JJ. And if he does fire you then you can get a job somewhere else. MM fire philibin and get Colombo back, take the playcalling and power run. You don’t have rogers anymore.

Moore is in over his head, but it doenst help that he has junk to work with. Many of us warned that the offense would struggle with this Oline.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It's Moore, It's Dak, It's the loss of WR's - It's Jerry too

Moore can't even figure out how to get the quickest, fastest guy on your team in open space at least 2-3 times a game.

You can look the the bubble screen to CeeDee to just get a glimpse of Dak and his issues. Then look at the same screen that Brady ran and the ball placement.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
You guys are good people.. you can see the truth. Vikings last year ran an outdated offense - 1 thing changed the coaching and Jefferson was schemed up against lb more times than last year in 1 game.

why? How even? Rams OC is their HC. New school vs old school and dysfunctional. Vikings HC hands are all over their offense - our HC doesn’t know the terminology

Redline360

Reaction score
Loss of Cooper was the death sentence for the WR group. Lamb is not ready to be a number one. Most people could see it.

Lamb MO was yardage after the catch. However his strength crashes with Daks lack of ability to lead recievers. Not sure how you can promote someone to WR1 when his best talent gets wiped out by your QB.

Then throw I long developing plays...

Aven8

Reaction score
We don't know if Moore sucks until we see him without Dak.

Moores scheme sucks. It puts up lots of yards if you have the horses for it. It’s the same scheme that Linny and JG ran before him. Remember when our best player at that time, Romo, would fail in big games just like this one? It’s no coincidence.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Moores scheme sucks. It puts up lots of yards if you have the horses for it. It’s the same scheme that Linny and JG ran before him. Remember when our best player at that time, Romo, would fail in big games just like this one? It’s no coincidence.
I also don't think it's much of a coincidence that it's an undrafted talent and a 4th round talent in charge of these schemes that seem to fail.

Aven8

Reaction score
I also don't think it's much of a coincidence that it's an undrafted talent and a 4th round talent in charge of these schemes that seem to fail.

Bologna…..Romo was good. Dak’s right below him. Dak threw 37 TD’s last year. How many other crappy QB’s do that?