I would love to see Crawford go

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think everyone would agree that cutting him now would be stupid with the dead money cost. It just sucks he got the deal in the first place. And alot of fans being around a while all scratched their head and questioned the deal when it was done in 15 after we already moved to a 4-3 and no real plan for him.
The team tried to get in front of the situation and resign him early. They felt he could play 3T and DE. He can. He's started at both. Money was rich but not absurd given his age.

Fans are just mad because he isn't a high sack guy.
People wanna fawn over what Irving did because he had a supremely pass rush heavy month but TC gave you twice the amount of snaps and 7th most on the defense. He's in the rotation at 3 different positions.

He's easily worth the 6m base he's making.
He costs more because the team pushed money around.

The Eagles just gave Jernigan 4 years and 48M to be their 1T. DL are crazy expensive.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Historically, from the past up through now, the best DLines were on a rotation. We won 3 super bowls using this philosophy. And used up DWare's career by playing him all the time. To best utilize any DL player, he must have some rest during the course of the game so he can come in in the 4th and have some gas left.

Philly just won the super bowl due to this DL philosophy.

Agreed

I want three dominant starters and an all around solid player who can pick up Irvings slack against the run.
With Lawrence, Irving, and Crawford we have some strong building blocks. And Collins, Tapper/Gregory?, Ealy, and Price is some pretty dang good depth. If we found that last dominant starting 1T in the draft, our chances of going far this year skyrocket.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No it SEVERLY hurts your argument.
Classifying Kenny Clark, Lawrence, and Chris Jones!!!!!! As run stuffers is not a smart thing to say outloud.

It completely debunks any argument about rotational pieces.
Kenny clark is a NT, Chris jones is a 3-4 end with what 6 sacks last year. Good year for a 3-4 DE which I think is more than Crawford has ever had in a season. And I said Marinelli is trash which would explain about Lawrence. Some players should be on the field more.

Historically, from the past up through now, the best DLines were on a rotation. We won 3 super bowls using this philosophy. And used up DWare's career by playing him all the time. To best utilize any DL player, he must have some rest during the course of the game so he can come in in the 4th and have some gas left.

Philly just won the super bowl due to this DL philosophy.

Philly won the SB because of the offense the defense was trash in that game lol. They also have probably 6 guys on that DL would be improvements for every player but DLaw

kskboys

Reaction score
Kenny clark is a NT, Chris jones is a 3-4 end with what 6 sacks last year. Good year for a 3-4 DE which I think is more than Crawford has ever had in a season. And I said Marinelli is trash which would explain about Lawrence. Some players should be on the field more.

Philly won the SB because of the offense the defense was trash lol. They also have probably 6 guys on that DL would be improvements for every player but DLaw
Were you drunk for the strip sack that derailed NE's last drive?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What you're saying doesnt retract from the fact that you appropriately labeled them as run stoppers.
It's not true. They're solid all-around players, both against thr run and pass, and still play roughly the same amount of snaps as crawford.

Marinelli is trash!?!?!?!?! Says who?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Were you drunk for the strip sack that derailed NE's last drive?

Yes the defense giving up 33 points is great because they made 1 play. Which granted was a huge hell of a play at the most opportune time. But looking past all the other awful defensive stats for 1 play is a little misleading, no?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What you're saying doesnt retract from the fact that you appropriately labeled them as run stoppers.
It's not true. They're solid all-around players, both against thr run and pass, and still play roughly the same amount of snaps as crawford.

Marinelli is trash!?!?!?!?! Says who?
I do I think he is absolute dog ****. He sucks against better teams rodgers is 15-2 against his trash defense. Coached the first 0-16 team. And got carried by some of the best defensive players in the league when he was a coach for them and who are in the hall of fame.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you buy any product aren't you allowed to criticize it?
If you buy cable you don't get to decide what they offer in the various packages.
If you buy a tyrone crawford jersey and it doesn't fit because size was wrong then yes you can complain.
If you bought a jersey and he got traded a year later, tough luck.

But try calling your electric company right now and asking for a refund on last months electric or threaten to walk away.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If you buy cable you don't get to decide what they offer in the various packages.
If you buy a tyrone crawford jersey and it doesn't fit because size was wrong then yes you can complain.
If you bought a jersey and he got traded a year later, tough luck.

But try calling your electric company right now and asking for a refund on last months electric or threaten to walk away.
If my electric kept going out I could. And I tell the cable they are trash, but there is literally no other cable company I can switch to so I'm beat for now. Like I said I can say these things and it's my opinion. Let's answer this has the team produced well enough to not be criticized? The answer is no.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Noone has been more critical of Crawford than me, I still think he is a Bum, but the reality is cutting him doesn't save much, so the best you can hope for is that he is a decent rotational DL wherever that may be.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
After all this time I don't think he will improve I think at this point Crawford is who he is. If he moved to a different system I think he would be way better. 9 mil is just a little much for a guy averaging what 3-4 sacks a year. He also carries the stigma of *** was that when he got signed. I remember when they showed the extension I was ***, why? He's not a $9mil player especially back when he signed the contract in 15.
Lets see what he does in his second year at DE.

I see him very much in the mold of Greg Hardy. Crawford actually has better measurables.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If my electric kept going out I could. And I tell the cable they are trash, but there is literally no other cable company I can switch to so I'm beat for now. Like I said I can say these things and it's my opinion. Let's answer this has the team produced well enough to not be criticized? The answer is no.
Feel like there are 5 streams of conversation going at once, lol.

1. Nothing you do really effects the NFL's bottom line. The contracts they signed are paid into the future. You can effect your cable company but not really the NFL. The couple bucks they make off each jersey just doesn't really matter. Most people buy them from China anyway. lol. The individual can and should vote with their wallet. I encourage all who hate the team or NFL to simply stop paying any attention. Posting here helps elevate the team and brand and NFL as a whole as much as buying swag.
2. The Cowboys have left plenty to be critical of. But they are also 22-10(0-1) under Dak Prescott at QB. Crying they should be better under a QB that young is probably just foolish. If you wanna say they mismanaged the cap/roster badly under Tony Romo that's pretty much self-evident but not sure what can be done now except change the model and they have.
3. At some point you gotta accept reality that things are what they are. NFL teams are expected to go 8-8 every year. That's how it's designed. A very few teams might cheat that by hiring Belichick and literally cheating and getting lucky in the draft with a Tom Brady. And on the other end you get the Browns. But most teams are gonna be .500 over long periods of time. People who complain about 22-10 over 2 years are just people that are going to be miserable anyway. Unrealistic expectations do that to you.
4. I don't think Dallas fans are owed a single friggin thing. WE have 5 Lombardi's, more attention than any team in the league, bright young stars and been blessed with remarkable players over the years. I think Dallas fans are entitled, spoiled children who mostly need spankings and to be told to grow up.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Feel like there are 5 streams of conversation going at once, lol.

1. Nothing you do really effects the NFL's bottom line. The contracts they signed are paid into the future. You can effect your cable company but not really the NFL. The couple bucks they make off each jersey just doesn't really matter. Most people buy them from China anyway. lol. The individual can and should vote with their wallet. I encourage all who hate the team or NFL to simply stop paying any attention. Posting here helps elevate the team and brand and NFL as a whole as much as buying swag.
2. The Cowboys have left plenty to be critical of. But they are also 22-10(0-1) under Dak Prescott at QB. Crying they should be better under a QB that young is probably just foolish. If you wanna say they mismanaged the cap/roster badly under Tony Romo that's pretty much self-evident but not sure what can be done now except change the model and they have.
3. At some point you gotta accept reality that things are what they are. NFL teams are expected to go 8-8 every year. That's how it's designed. A very few teams might cheat that by hiring Belichick and literally cheating and getting lucky in the draft with a Tom Brady. And on the other end you get the Browns. But most teams are gonna be .500 over long periods of time. People who complain about 22-10 over 2 years are just people that are going to be miserable anyway. Unrealistic expectations do that to you.
4. I don't think Dallas fans are owed a single friggin thing. WE have 5 Lombardi's, more attention than any team in the league, bright young stars and been blessed with remarkable players over the years. I think Dallas fans are entitled, spoiled children who mostly need spankings and to be told to grow up.
I can see why only 1 in 5 of your posts gets liked.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I do I think he is absolute dog ****. He sucks against better teams rodgers is 15-2 against his trash defense. Coached the first 0-16 team. And got carried by some of the best defensive players in the league when he was a coach for them and who are in the hall of fame.

Ohhhh so you're talking about him from years ago as a HC or DC of other teams, not as the Dallas Cowboy's DC. Sure whatever, he didnt use to br good or something.

Hes a good DC for us. Might want to let that old stuff go.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ohhhh so you're talking about him from years ago as a HC or DC of other teams, not as the Dallas Cowboy's DC. Sure whatever, he didnt use to br good or something.

Hes a good DC for us. Might want to let that old stuff go.
If you say so. I don't. I think his scheme is old and played out.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I can see why only 1 in 5 of your posts gets liked.

Are you being serious with this post? The like system has not always been here. A lot of the older poster such as myself (2004) did not have the “like” feature. That’s a weak *** conclusion you’re drawing here.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Are you being serious with this post? The like system has not always been here. A lot of the older poster such as myself (2004) did not have the “like” feature. That’s a weak *** conclusion you’re drawing here.
Idk you seem to have a lot of likes. Just cause you guys have been playing footsie since 04 doesn't mean you have to come out of the woodwork to defend him.

This is like dealing with northern cowboy and girlsgonewild on the official forums.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Idk you seem to have a lot of likes. Just cause you guys have been playing footsie since 04 doesn't mean you have to come out of the woodwork to defend him.

This is like dealing with northern cowboy and girlsgonewild on the official forums.

I’m defending the “likes” comment because it’s pathetic.