I would not pay WR's big money

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Have to stay young and maintain a balanced roster. Can't be afraid to waive really good players goodbye.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If Hurts doesn't work out how WON'T they be drafting high?

If he works out they'll be drafting low.

In this dumb hypothetical you can't have the qb sucking and the team still winning all these games.

You act like you haven't ever seen the NFC East before. Sweep the horrible division, win 4 of the remaining 11, and you're in the playoffs with a home game.

terra

Reaction score
You act like you haven't ever seen the NFC East before. Sweep the horrible division, win 4 of the remaining 11, and you're in the playoffs with a home game.
Its the playoffs that matter. That is where a QB really shows what he is made of. We made the playoffs with Q as the QB. Look at some teams that made it pretty far with a bus driver - some even winning it all if they had the absolute best D in the league. But the bottom line is that for just about everyone else you QB has to be able to make the plays when it matters the most in the playoffs. The number that can do that are usually half a dozen or so in the entire league. Right now we have Brady, Mahoones, Stafford, Rodgers, Wilson who have rings and each one of them actually made plays to gain them. Peyton Manning backed into his last ring.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Its the playoffs that matter. That is where a QB really shows what he is made of. We made the playoffs with Q as the QB. Look at some teams that made it pretty far with a bus driver - some even winning it all if they had the absolute best D in the league. But the bottom line is that for just about everyone else you QB has to be able to make the plays when it matters the most in the playoffs. The number that can do that are usually half a dozen or so in the entire league. Right now we have Brady, Mahoones, Stafford, Rodgers, Wilson who have rings and each one of them actually made plays to gain them. Peyton Manning backed into his last ring.

Well, I responding to the idea that they would draft high if Hurts sucks. Any time you make the playoffs - regardless of outcome - you are not drafting "high".

If by some means they have a solid defense, they could easily take the division and still get blown out in the playoffs.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Hurts has been sucking and are they drafting high? Middle of the pack. The guy keeps them competitive with his legs, but if forced to play QB from the pocket he cant get it done.

Garrappolo sucks and they almost made the SB. Mayfield sucks and that team has made the playoffs.

You need anymore dumb examples? LOL I cant help you if you are still confused.

Hurts has had one season as starting qb, jury is still out as to how good or bad he will be.

If all these “bad” qb’s make the playoffs and Super Bowls what does that say about the qb in Dallas ?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The last two times the #Eagles signed/traded for a legit Pro-Bowl WR:
2004: Terrell Owens (Made Super Bowl)
2017: Alshon Jeffery (Won Super Bowl)
A.J. Brown was in the Pro Bowl in 2020

Guess it is a passing league after all........while some of our members here want to win with the running game?
I wonder why????

I know the answer but I do not want to be labeled a hater.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hurts has had one season as starting qb, jury is still out as to how good or bad he will be.

If all these “bad” qb’s make the playoffs and Super Bowls what does that say about the qb in Dallas ?

actually 2nd year. Qbs don’t make playoffs teams do. Cowboys made playoffs last year in case you missed it. So what does that say about your knowledge of hurts and the cowboys? Not much.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
The OP would not win many games as a GM in this league.

Hell, he probably sucks at madden too.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If you look all along our roster, from top to bottom, at WR, we've got guys who won't cost much. Almost every WR on our roster has potential. So we may not have to pay a boatload to have a productive passing game next year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Its pointless because Ben and half the others won again after their rookie deals.

There's a different system in place now than when Ben was going to super Bowls. Right now it's very advantageous to have a QB on a rookie deal. The Cowboys have to keep restructuring Dak just to get his cap hit to be reasonable.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Hurts doesn't work out how WON'T they be drafting high?

If he works out they'll be drafting low.

In this dumb hypothetical you can't have the qb sucking and the team still winning all these games.

Hurts sucked last year and they still made the playoffs.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Hurts has been sucking and are they drafting high? Middle of the pack. The guy keeps them competitive with his legs, but if forced to play QB from the pocket he cant get it done.

Garrappolo sucks and they almost made the SB. Mayfield sucks and that team has made the playoffs.

You need anymore dumb examples? LOL I cant help you if you are still confused.
So Eagles will be in "a world of hurt" if Hurts doesnt pan out all the while winning a ton of games and going to the playoffs.

OK bro.

kskboys

Reaction score
Rodgers won his w/ D.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Hurts sucked last year and they still made the playoffs.
JLen hurts was slightly below average last year (19th qbr).

People are greatly exaggerating and/or only watch the Cowboys.

Probably both.

Flamma

Reaction score
JLen hurts was slightly below average last year (19th qbr).

People are greatly exaggerating and/or only watch the Cowboys.

Probably both.

I don't care what his qbr was, he sucks. The game is still a bit too fast for him. If his first read isn't there he usually takes off. The Eagles started winning games despite him. They switched to a run heavy offense against weaker opponents down the stretch.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Wide Receivers are becoming like RB's: tons of them come out every year and you can get good ones in the 3rd and 4th round. And unlike 10 years ago, they produce right away, like RB's.

The Packers and Chiefs have figured this out, which is why they got rid of Adams and Hill. It will be interesting to see if the Eagles will come to regret paying Brown.

Unless you get a guy like Chase, I would not be signing WR's to massive deals. That includes Cee Dee Lamb.

Just my opinion
Not so fast.. The season hasn't started and neither Chiefs or Packers have yet to play a game without those NUCLEAR WEAPONS at wideout. We will see how Mahomes & Rodgers perform without 2 of the BEST WR's in the NFL. I assure you that it will be quite an adjustment for both of them..

Flamma

Reaction score
Not so fast.. The season hasn't started and neither Chiefs or Packers have yet to play a game without those NUCLEAR WEAPONS at wideout. We will see how Mahomes & Rodgers perform without 2 of the BEST WR's in the NFL. I assure you that it will be quite an adjustment for both of them..

It might be the quarterbacks doing most of the work. I know Rodgers has played without Adams before. Against us in 2019 and had zero issues moving the ball.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wide Receivers are becoming like RB's: tons of them come out every year and you can get good ones in the 3rd and 4th round. And unlike 10 years ago, they produce right away, like RB's.

The Packers and Chiefs have figured this out, which is why they got rid of Adams and Hill. It will be interesting to see if the Eagles will come to regret paying Brown.

Unless you get a guy like Chase, I would not be signing WR's to massive deals. That includes Cee Dee Lamb.

Just my opinion
I remember 2018. I'm guessing your tune will likely change by week 6.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you're going to pay a WR, u pay a nasty route runner like Kupp. Those are the guys who win you super bowls.
Fun fact. Amari Cooper is widely considered to be one of the best route runners in the league.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
actually 2nd year. Qbs don’t make playoffs teams do. Cowboys made playoffs last year in case you missed it. So what does that say about your knowledge of hurts and the cowboys? Not much.

Actually he started 4 games his rookie year, if you want to consider that 2 years go ahead.

Well aware that the Cowboys made the playoffs last year, there are plenty of posts lately highlighting the Cowboys recent playoff success.

Yes I am also aware that teams make the playoffs not quarterbacks, as you mentioned several that sucked that made the playoffs.
I just asked about the Cowboy Qb, which you chose to not to reply?