If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are all there

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Is it crazy to say Ramsey/Tunsil/Zeke are the three best players in the draft??

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They are. Add a healthy Jack to the top 4, in whichever order you like.

Jack is probably not healthy. So why include the "if"? If Jaylon Smith were healthy, we would be having a different discussion as well.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not meaning to overturn this thread but what if Bosa, Elliott and Ramsey are all there for us, that's one thing BUT what if Goff or Wentz is somehow available on that list at pick #4? Let's just bear in mind that it's not a certainty that both QBs will be taken whenever the Dallas pick comes due. Anything can happen. I would agree that the odds do favor a scenario of both QBs being taken, however. There's also a chance that they won't be. I do believe the Cowboys would be in the running for one of those QBs if such a scenario comes about. Just saying . . . it's possible.

Last edited:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Murray was, what, 27 years-old coming off a season with 392 carries? Zeke, on the other hand is only 20 years-old.

They wanted Murray back - at their price range. Not at the ridiculous contract the Eagles gave him.

I understand why they let Murray walk, age was certainly one of those reasons (as way getting burned by virtually every RB we give sizeable money to), but from what I remember hearing - the offering to Murray was never competitive.

How can you go from one season of saying "We won't pay Murray more than 5-6m per" to saying "We will select a RB 4th overall."? That'd be some really weird decision making.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lately the biggest problem with a lot of the CBs we have picked is that they can't ****ing tackle. Look at Mo. Also Revis Island never saw all that many picks (I don't think he was ever at the top of the league in INTs), are you saying he wasn't elite. Lastly, we can work on a guys hands more than we can work on a guys athleticism, give me the athlete with one workable problem any day.

What:huh:

Revis had 5 picks last season.............only 5 guys in the league had more............and AS A TEAM we had 8.

So Revis almost had as many interceptions as our entire team had last year.

calvin

Reaction score
Jack is probably not healthy. So why include the "if"? If Jaylon Smith were healthy, we would be having a different discussion as well.

Absolutely agree about J. Smith. Before his final game people were saying that he was the best draft eligible prospect in cfb.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Elliott. Take advantage of the best OL in the NFL. Dominate TOP. Keep Romo upright. Keep our defense on the sideline (making them fresh at the end of games).

With Elliott in tow we will pick up from where we left off in 2014. Elliott and Morris would be the best 1-2 punch in years too. I could see a lot of tired DLs this year if we draft this kid.

I just dont see Elliot being the selection, considering there are more premium positions at the top of the draft, it being a deep rb class, and we already have Mcfadden and Morris. Im all for adding an rb to compete, but it seems wasteful to go after Elliot that early. Everyone looks at Elliot as a once in a generation player, but I just dont put him in the same class as Todd Gurley

ufcrules1

Reaction score
On the flip side when the other team does get back on the field their QB will throw 40yd td bombs because we can't cover. I understand wanting Elliot but i'd prefer Ramsey.

What is Ramsey going to do when the defensive line can't get to the QB and he has to cover for an extended period of time?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What is Ramsey going to do when the defensive line can't get to the QB and he has to cover for an extended period of time?

My concern as well. Excellent talent, but not going to be an immediate impact player from day 1. Gotta build up the front 7 before this secondary even has a chance.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I just dont see Elliot being the selection, considering there are more premium positions at the top of the draft, it being a deep rb class, and we already have Mcfadden and Morris. Im all for adding an rb to compete, but it seems wasteful to go after Elliot that early. Everyone looks at Elliot as a once in a generation player, but I just dont put him in the same class as Todd Gurley

He is very close to Gurley. Not quite as good but just a tad underneath. I would like to trade down with SF, get an extra 2nd and 4th and take Zeke there.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
My concern as well. Excellent talent, but not going to be an immediate impact player from day 1. Gotta build up the front 7 before this secondary even has a chance.

Yup, exactly right. No pressure from the defensive line and Ramsey gets exposed real quick. I think the Browns are gonna take Ramsey at #2 anyway.

sideon

Reaction score
So we're going to blame the D-Line for the secondary taking bad angles and missing sure tackles?

Verdict

Reaction score
Well if you believe the mock concensus, It is a very high probability that Bosa and Elliott will both be there and about 50/50 o whether Ramsey will be there when we are on the clock. I personally think in that situation we should go Elliott and then Ramsey. I personally don't think we are that high on Bosa. I guess time will tell. I would go Elliott or trade down. I think i prefer a trade down over any of the above..