If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are all there

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think the team would go after Ramsey. The really like the SPARQ athletes and Ramsey was there and he was an excellent player in college. We need corners as well.

I don't see us having DMC and Morris and picking up Elliott in the first round.

YR

perrykemp

Reaction score
The int part of making plays isn't his so called nack.

Ramsey's FSU average of 1 interception and 1.3 forced fumbles per year is eye-opening.

Byron Jones had very similar stats at Uconn and while Jones played very good for a rookie overall, yes, in 2015 he had 0 interceptions and 0 forced fumbles.

Some guys have a nose for the ball. Some do not.

Don't get me wrong, I love almost everything there is about Ramsey, however, you are going to take a DB top 5 in the draft, you want to see more INTs / Forced fumbles.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Ramsey's FSU average of 1 interception and 1.3 forced fumbles per year is eye-opening.

Byron Jones had very similar stats at Uconn and while Jones played very good for a rookie overall, yes, in 2015 he had 0 interceptions and 0 forced fumbles.

Don't get me wrong, I love almost everything there is about Ramsey, however, you are going to take a DB top 5 in the draft, you want to see more INTs / Forced fumbles.

I highly doubt teams threw in Ramsey's direction very often. When you aren't challenged, you're not going to get many opportunities for interceptions. Simple stats never tell the complete story.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
No way Jack with the injury and us resigning McClain.

Ro is my man, but one more violation and he is gone for the year. Lee-Jack-Hitch would be the most versatile LB crew in the NFL.

It all depends on Jack's health though.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I highly doubt teams threw in Ramsey's direction very often. When you aren't challenged, you're not going to get many opportunities for interceptions. Simple stats never tell the complete story.

No doubt teams avoided him.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Count me in the minority of thinking that the team cannot go wrong on this selection should it fall this way. Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are all very serious upgrades to this team.

- Ramsey would be a huge upgrade over Carr and Mo. It would be nice to see a defender possibly be able to hang with the top receivers in the game for the first time since Newman was shutting down Steve Smith so long ago. Being physical with Odell Beckham seems the best way to contain him and this kid can in fact do that.
- I flat out disagree with the naysayers on Joey Bosa. The kid is only twenty years old and played in the backfield of the opposition for the majority of the past two years. Teams game-planned completely away from him last season. Adding Joey Bosa along with Cedric Thornton change the run defense from pretty bad to seriously good from the very first day he hits the field and he will in fact work over right tackles in this league. Plus, PLUS!!! Joey Bosa can in fact slip inside to play Tackle on passing downs once Hemp Boy gets back from suspension. A pass rush of D-Law, a healthy Tyrone Crawford, Joey Bosa and Gregory would be a really good young group.
- Elliot could be the first Dallas back to rush for 2,000 yards. Does it stink that he would probably only be a one contract player because he would put up insane numbers? Absolutely, but he would in fact put up insane numbers in Dallas and very possibly extend Tony Romo's career in doing so.

Listen, I really wish that Dallas could have drafted a QB, but that dream is pretty much dead and these guys are all really good football players.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Glad someone pointed that out. He is more likely to force a fumble than intercept a pass.

He really didn't force many fumbles either. Just over 1 per year during his career at FSU.

JsnSA

Reaction score
I don't understand why some people hate on Bosa yet want Ramsey so bad. To me they are very similar in that they have a critical flaw to what you want in a #4 pick at their position. Yeah Bosa is not an elite edge rusher but Ramsey is a corner/safety that doesn't get interceptions.

Like others Ramsey's 3 career interceptions at FSU worries me. Byron Jones had 7 career interceptions I believe. Deion had 17.

But Ramsey is supposed to be this great player worthy of a top 4 pick? Some say its because he wasn't thrown to much but I don't buy that at all. Even he has admitted he has dropped a lot. And if I recall correctly the last supposedly really good corner we picked up who didn't have a ton of interceptions because nobody threw his way was Carr. And then we saw what happens when people did throw his way.

Don't get me wrong I won't be all that upset if we draft Ramsey. I would prefer some interceptions but I would still be happy if he consistently prevented catches even if that includes his own. I think the defense would still be better by adding him.

Honestly, I would be ok with pretty much any of the players that are commonly talked about for the #4. Bosa may not be the great edge rusher we would like at #4 but he will still make our defense a lot better. I think #4 is rather high for a RB but if we get Zeke I will be happy as hell for the offensive possibilities and just hope he can help the defense by keeping them off the field. Any of the top 3 QBs, fine. We need to address that sooner than late because Romo is not getting any younger and keeps getting hurt. Miles Jack, assuming he is healthy would be great because as good as Rolondo McClain and SeanSean are I don't think we can count on both of them making it through a season for various reasons.

I just don't see a way for me to be angry about our #4 pick unless we trade down without getting decent value in picks back or we draft someone that everyone else has listed as a second rounder or third rounder. Of course thats not counting a QB if the Cowboys really want the guy and I'm pretty much talking about Lynch with that. Any way we go the team SHOULD end up better at the position we draft and I guess thats all you can really ask for. Winding up with an All-Pro for the ages type player is still icing on the cake as far as I am concerned and not a guarantee by any means.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Actually to be honest, in 41 career games Ramsey had 3 ints. In 43 career games (Jones stayed for a senior season, but it was cut short due to injury) Jones had 8 ints. I honestly don't see how one guy was picked 27th and the other guy is going to go top 5.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Ramsey told ESPN today that we have shown him the most interest by far.
Based on his comments it doesn't seem like Cleveland or San Diego are as interested as we are.

We may end up with B Jones and Ramsey at both Corners...very athletic guys.

I would be curious if Cleveland shows more interest after the Rams-Titans trade.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I honestly don't think Ramsey will be drafted to be a DB. He is not the top true DB in the draft according to some. I think teams are banking on him being a top safety and athlete. I could be dead wrong. He is still a Top 3 DB talent wise but the stats aren't great. Though ints in college are skewed. Patrick Peterson had 7 total in his career at LSU but 22 passes broken up. So if teams think he can be used with his athleticism, why not.

Last edited:

garyv

Reaction score
Honestly they would take Ramsey...I would take Elliott

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
we might be the only two people on the board.

I think he makes more impact on this D than Ramsey.

Make it 3. I never understood the fascination with the high draft pick DB's. This isn't 1989 when all you faced were two wide receiver sets. You had two great corners, you were golden. In todays NFL, you see 4 and 5 WR sets. How are you going to have 4-5 premier CB's to cover them all???? You don't. Its impossible. But what you can have is a tremendous pass rush. I don't care if its Tom Brady back there, if there are guys in his face, he can't throw. Ask Brady when he played against Denver this year. Or ask him when he played against the Giants in two superbowls.

A football team is built in the trenches. Both sides of the line. Anyone who says otherwise has never stepped on a football field at any level. We have finally built ourselves a dominant offensive line. Now focus on building a dominant D line, and watch how quickly our entire defensive backfield gets better. Its not a hard concept to understand.

Deion Sanders was the best cover corner I've ever seen. But even he will admit he can't cover a guy for 5 seconds. Nobody on earth can. But you can take an average corner and he can cover people for 2.5 seconds. Its all about pass rush. Don't give the qb time to throw the ball, and EVERYONE gets better.

Sign me up for Bosa as well.