If CLE trades for Mariota, does Jerry trade for Manziel?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Since we seem interested in picking a rookie QB as a backup/developmental QB, is there an offer from CLE that Jerry could not refuse? 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick next year?

I have not seen much to like from Manziel yet in the NFL, but maybe he's been humbled a bit by rehab and would be OK backing up and learning (and maybe having some speciality plays) for 3 years behind Romo. Would that be better than Bryce Petty in the 3rd or Sean Manion/Garrett Grayson in the 4th?

272.gif

joseephuss

Reaction score
If the Browns draft a QB
I was not a big Manziel fan. I only watched s couple games of him playing in college. He has talent. Anybody that denies it is not able to see things with an open mind. I have never seem such hate directed at a player. Do you haters take joy in a talented young man that is ruining his life? If he is clean and wants to straighten his life up, he could still have a good career in the pros. He brings a unique talent set to the QB position that can make him a good player. From reading some of these comments, there are child abusers that are not hated as much. Manziel is just an immature typical college age kid that likes to party. Those types are not rare. Is that any reason to hate the kid. I hope he turns his life around and has a good career. I can't understand why anybody would feel differently. Some of these posters praise players that beat women as long as they signed with Dsllas, but Manziel gets much more hate. Some of it comes from college fans that didn't like the school he played for , so I guess they wish him the worst for that reasons. Irvin had more problems than Manziel ever had, but he was a Cowboy and all is forgiven. It troubles me that so many can hate an immature kid that hasn't hurt anyone but himself. At least he didn't kill a teammate while he was drunk. The hate goes too far.No have reasons to hate a couple people in my life, but those reasons are much more important than football which is nothing more than a game. Too many people don't understand the true meaning of hate.

I have an open mind on Manziel. I don't see the NFL caliber talent. I was not worried about his off the field issues because I never thought he would do enough on the field for any of that stuff to matter. He can get all his problems resolved and I hope he does, but I think he is far too limited to be a franchise QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hey, I would buy Mr. Big Football QB a case of beer, a bottle of whisky and an ounce of green every week if he just stays the hell away from Dallas. period!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Since we seem interested in picking a rookie QB as a backup/developmental QB, is there an offer from CLE that Jerry could not refuse? 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick next year?

I have not seen much to like from Manziel yet in the NFL, but maybe he's been humbled a bit by rehab and would be OK backing up and learning (and maybe having some speciality plays) for 3 years behind Romo. Would that be better than Bryce Petty in the 3rd or Sean Manion/Garrett Grayson in the 4th?

giphy.gif

rags747

Reaction score
You may be right. I am not saying otherwise. I clean and sober Manziel that is ready to work on his craft could become a great player. The odds are not in his favor, but ga has talent and was a great college QB. I think he is worth the gamble if the price is cheap. The Cowboys had him as their highest rated player when Stephen stopped Jerry from drafting him. I would like to think that the scouts saw a reason for that and I have to give them credit, they have done a good job with their scouting in the last couple of years. I think the media circus would calm down after he holds a flip board for a few genes. I guess this is the reasons that I look at Manziel in a different way than most fans.

Would u be willing to give a 4th for him? I would, I think I would even be fine with a 3rd...

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I was not a big Manziel fan. I only watched s couple games of him playing in college. He has talent. Anybody that denies it is not able to see things with an open mind. I have never seem such hate directed at a player. Do you haters take joy in a talented young man that is ruining his life? If he is clean and wants to straighten his life up, he could still have a good career in the pros. He brings a unique talent set to the QB position that can make him a good player. From reading some of these comments, there are child abusers that are not hated as much. Manziel is just an immature typical college age kid that likes to party. Those types are not rare. Is that any reason to hate the kid. I hope he turns his life around and has a good career. I can't understand why anybody would feel differently. Some of these posters praise players that beat women as long as they signed with Dsllas, but Manziel gets much more hate. Some of it comes from college fans that didn't like the school he played for , so I guess they wish him the worst for that reasons. Irvin had more problems than Manziel ever had, but he was a Cowboy and all is forgiven. It troubles me that so many can hate an immature kid that hasn't hurt anyone but himself. At least he didn't kill a teammate while he was drunk. The hate goes too far.No have reasons to hate a couple people in my life, but those reasons are much more important than football which is nothing more than a game. Too many people don't understand the true meaning of hate.

I don't think he can play in the NFL. He is one of many great college QBs who won't be able to hack it at the pro level. His mechanics aren't very sound, and he doesn't have much of an arm. His best attribute was being able to throw it up to Mike Evans. That is gone. I haven't even gotten to his mental makeup yet.

jnday

Reaction score
I don't think he can play in the NFL. He is one of many great college QBs who won't be able to hack it at the pro level. His mechanics aren't very sound, and he doesn't have much of an arm. His best attribute was being able to throw it up to Mike Evans. That is gone. I haven't even gotten to his mental makeup yet.

You may be right, but the Cosboys scouts could be right. They had him rated high.