If Cowboys take OL at 19

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
For me it is simple, who would have the biggest impact on the success of this team next season?

To me it is a starting LG. A MLB would play maybe 30% of the snaps, a rookie WR is not likely to have a big impact either.

They can easily find a WR and LB in rounds 2 or 3, I doubt they are going to find a guard who can have the impact of Hernandez or Wynn at 50 or 81.

I would rather see them make a strong unit even stronger than reach on LVE, Sutton or Moore.

Billyd

Reaction score
For me it is simple, who would have the biggest impact on the success of this team next season?

To me it is a starting LG. A MLB would play maybe 30% of the snaps, a rookie WR is not likely to have a big impact either.

They can easily find a WR and LB in rounds 2 or 3, I doubt they are going to find a guard who can have the impact of Hernandez or Wynn at 50 or 81.

I would rather see them make a strong unit even stronger than reach on LVE, Sutton or Moore.
RIGHT on Doonsday..Its a position of need, and idgas About having to pay the best line in football..We Need a starter there..And I think we can get a decent wr later in draft.Get the guard, if moving down gets another pick..duet and please go D and finish the rebuild. WE CAN GET a 1 tech in rounds 2-3 a lbr, then Fineagle the best FS. Wr after that and a,flyer on bpa Lbr!

Billyd

Reaction score
Taking another 1st round lineman is beyond stupid

Really, You going to play gd? LAST year was beyond stupid bro..IN THE NFL, you dont duet to yourself..That little stupid move of drafting Green in the third was stupid..You must buying in to those knuckle heads that dont even football!

4th_and_short

Reaction score
If the FO did something similar to last year where they went DE before going back to back on CBs (which was the bigger need) I’d be fine with it.

If a G/T is BPA at 19, take them and shore up the Oline then go defense heavy for the next few picks and add some new starters/quality depth or rotational guys. There’s no position on the Dline that is guaranteed next season and after Smith/Lee the LB corps is trash.

I still think a good starter for LG can be found later on in the draft, but if the board falls that way then not much you can do.

Billyd

Reaction score
If the FO did something similar to last year where they went DE before going back to back on CBs (which was the bigger need) I’d be fine with it.

If a G/T is BPA at 19, take them and shore up the Oline then go defense heavy for the next few picks and add some new starters/quality depth or rotational guys. There’s no position on the Dline that is guaranteed next season and after Smith/Lee the LB corps is trash.

I still think a good starter for LG can be found later on in the draft, but if the board falls that way then not much you can do.

I agree. I still have nightmares watching green getting pushed back into Elliot or into Dak..That and that spectacle at Left tackle..Anybody that thinks taking a LG in the first round is silly has a real short memory!

Billyd

Reaction score
I dont know if one of the better ones fall to Fifty..Billy Price maybe..

reddyuta

Reaction score

why does it have to be in the first RD though? its really hard to find a good LB in the later RDs than finding a good guard.we can find very good guards in the 3rd RD this year.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Best rookie OL in this draft are interior OL (Nelson, Wynn, Hernandez, Daniels). At least one of them should be there at 19. They might even be the BPA at the moment. We already have a RT in Collins. The smart move would be drafting a LG. No rookie RT will come in and be anywhere near Collins' level.

Billyd

Reaction score
The position needs, and The joy of releasing Dez turning the draft into a multiheaded monster..Gd, DT, Lbr, FS, WR..You have to decide and cascade the decision tree on position..Ugly! Lol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
19 is rich for an OG. I want a player and at the right value. But in a trade back if a defender isn’t there, I’m ok with it.

It’s more important not to miss on a first round pick. If you get a football player, I don’t care how many assets it is.

I’d much rather have the equivalent defender, though.

Billyd

Reaction score
Concur..Some of those guys played Tackle in college..We solid at tackle with good depth..gd We got what,The Martin FA and a prayer? lael needs to stay at Rt...He played well considerimg the murderers row first five or so games last year!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It’s more important not to miss on a first round pick. If you get a football player, I don’t care how many assets it is.

I’d much rather have the equivalent defender, though.

This. It's always hard to get upset about adding a good football player, no matter where he plays.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You can get a good OT or OG in R2-4 or a sleeper later. We can't afford all R1 (or equivalent) OL. Austin Corbett can play all three positions. Alex Cappa is another sleeper. Brandon Parker is a 6-7 335 OT NC A&T who is raw but coachable.

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

Lee playing 16 this year?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Youre the punk acting like you know mw w the "stop it" talking down bs yeah id say it to youre face, dont act like you know me beach!
Hey man! It's just my .02 of impartial observation as yer friend& fellow member,,,but Man? I didn't see or feel the phase 'stop it' really warranted such an 'up-armored' counter reply ( yet,it wasn't my post that got pulled& quoted,either,I'll grant you limited flexibility in that regard )with the venom laced invectives of 'punk/ beach':rolleyes: ,,,STG88 has never presented in any of his posts since I've started calling this place home,that i can honestly recall,any of those necessary characteristics that would be required in the pursuit of those above labeled proclivities ,SHEESE!,,yet,while on the other hand bro! This is about the second time in 3 days & prolly 4 of yer' participating posts where yer' coming across in that rather uncouth & disagreeable demeanor akin to a bear with a sore butt hole cuz' it's just got edged out of half its home range turf or something,what's up with that,dude?,,,man,there are cat's on this forum that could prolly buy you a 30k motor home to chill out in & not think twice, yet there's also cat's in this house that would prolly roll you up in the carpet where you dropped & haul you off to unfound places,,, if you got some kinda life crisis in that undercurrent of yer operations ,fire off a p.m. to any one of a thousand good dudes here in this house,,, but yer not near as much fun to be around anymore,ya know?

:star:o_O:star:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would be utterly stupid imo.
If that happens then all our offensive coaches need firing because if you cant make an OL work with 3 all pros, another 1st round talent plus A.N other then you aint with crap.
Putting that much draft capital into 1 position is nonsensical. And it would guarantee more epic defensive failures when we haven't got playmakers there to stop drives when it matters