If Dak wins this game this will solidify his passing of Tony Romo

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Put me in the minority I guess, but Prescott winning a wildcard game doesn't really move the needle much. It didn't for Romo either. If that is the measuring stick, then neither one of them hold a candle to Danny White.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I can’t believe the years have flown by that fast:omg:

This is our best opportunity in years , if D can play decent , the combination of offense and defense we can put together a run for championship, We Zoners will not be satisfied with just Wildcard win .

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Wow, well that sure put me in my place.
Just can't waste my time with ignorance but here it goes.
"Dak has already long passed him". Lets measure a full body of work. This argument should really not even be on the table. This next game could be the end of the Dak phase of the DC, we never know.
"He's a better QB in virtually every way" Dak can't read a defense to save his life and that is just one of many of his deficiencies.
"He's an infinitely better leader" Great leaders lead to success by example. Dak hasn't lead anyone anywhere yet.
"more accurate" False. Just plain ignorance. Watch the games.
"far less mistake/turnover prone" see comment above. He's been slumping and that's a fact. Oh except 2nd and 3rd string defenses.
"more durable" yet to be determined.
If you watch the games, it may help.
Carry on.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Threads like this are so odd. Really who cares if he has or has not passed Romo or any other former QB.

Only thing that matters is moving deeper into the postseason. I do not care if Dak carries the team or another individual or the Defense or Specual Teams. Just keep winning and advancing.
I agree completely.

I also find really odd this idea that the outcome of one game can so radically affect someone's view of an individual player. Seems crazy to me. I can sort of get it if it's a Super Bowl (although I would still disagree). But a first-round playoff game? Seriously?

Romo played with completely different guys against completely different opponents. Why would the outcome of this week's game have any bearing on how you perceive him vs. Dak?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he wins ONE ring, that is not close to Aikman or Rogers level... not even close. Im curios, how old are you?
Old enough to know Aikman played with a team full of All Pro's and Hall of Famers.....on most other teams Aikman wouldn't have 3 rings........out of respect for Troy I give him his dude because he quarterbacked championship team but let's don't kid ourselves and act like he was the soul reason for why they won those rings.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Old enough to know Aikman played with a team full of All Pro's and Hall of Famers.....on most other teams Aikman wouldn't have 3 rings........out of respect for Troy I give him his dude because he quarterbacked championship team but let's don't kid ourselves and act like he was the soul reason for why they won those rings.
thats what I thought.. not old enough to have watched Roger who is on a completely different level than dak in EVERY CATEGORY. Better leader, better passer, and yes.,.. better RUNNER.

Aikman is a HOF qb with three rings... if Dak wins one., he aint close.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Threads like this are so odd. Really who cares if he has or has not passed Romo or any other former QB.

Only thing that matters is moving deeper into the postseason. I do not care if Dak carries the team or another individual or the Defense or Specual Teams. Just keep winning and advancing.
People need attention and drama.
He thinks he's being clever but he just looks dumb.

Just cheer on. dak to have a great game....a great run....and enjoy it.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He's already surpassed Romo. He needs that ring to get on Aikman and Roger level though.
I disagree. Dak is not better than Romo. If a healthy Romo had this team...I think our ceiling would be higher. But that can all change depending on how far Dak takes this team

Dak is far and away a better leader. He is also more durable. But his pre-snap work is not better. His release is not better. His accuracy is not better. His ability to push the ball down the field is not better. But leadership and durability do matter. And if Daks superiority in those areas allows him to take this team further....he will certainly get this fans stamp of approval. But as it stands for me....right now....Romo is better.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We won the NFC East three times with Romo and we won the NFC East three times with Dak. We earned the number one seed with Romo and Dak once. The best season we had with Romo was 12-4. Our best season with Dak was 13-3 which tied a franchise record. We won a franchise record 11 straight games that season. If we beat San Francisco on Sunday Dak’s playoff record will be 2-2. Romo’s playoff record was 2-4. Dak has been the better QB. Romo committed too many costly turnovers during his career and suffered through some bad Dec/Jan early in his career.