If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Romo is not the only reason this team isn't winning. Yes he helps a lot, but he doesn't play defense, and he doesn't run the ball. He's going to be asked to do a lot more than last year, and that is not going to bode well for his health and ability to string wins together. 9-7 will win this division. We aren't winning out. Let's be realistic.

I'm hoping for better draft position, and another shot at a run next year with a weaker schedule and more talented rookies.

SunspotJonz

Reaction score
Im not going to stop rooting til we are mathematically eliminated

I cannot for the life of me understand the whole tanking talk. Im not wires as a fan to wish that my team lose when theres statistically a shot at the playoffs. Is it a small chance? Maybe, but Im a fan of the Cowboys.

This season has blown, I get it. I hate that Im so emotionally invested in this team. Im just naturally wired to root for the team to win.

If we are mathmatically out, then maybe start looking at the future and draft, but until then I just cannot root for losses.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Romo is not the only reason this team isn't winning. Yes he helps a lot, but he doesn't play defense, and he doesn't run the ball. He's going to be asked to do a lot more than last year, and that is not going to bode well for his health and ability to string wins together. 9-7 will win this division. We aren't winning out. Let's be realistic.

I'm hoping for better draft position, and another shot at a run next year with a weaker schedule and more talented rookies.

weaker schedule?

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Not true. Commanders play both the eagles and Giants then play us twice. Then giants and eagles still have to play one another. The schedule is actually favorable to us against everyone else in the division in that regard

Need WSH to win both vs PHI n NY and take care of WSH twice.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
She sang it weeks ago. Unfortunately people are too blind to listen to it.

Being blind doesn't stop you from listening. Its being deaf. And nobody is listening because no fat lady is singing

cowboys1981

Reaction score
NY 5-5
Pot losses:
CAR, MIN, MIA

PHI 4-5
Pot losses:
NE, ARI, BUF

WSH 4-5
Pot losses:
CAR, CHI, BUF

I haven't factored in divisional matchups that still have to take place. We could easily see a scenario where 7-9, 8-8 wins division.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
What can we reasonably expect from Romo next week...and four days later?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Just hope WSH beats them both. Gives them both 3 div losses.

Good point. If NY and Philly both beat Washington, then the winner of the NY/Philly game in Week 17 would likely own the division tie-breaker. That's why it was very important that we beat NY or Philly in our latest games. It would've given us the tie-breaker if we beat Washington twice later this season. Now we not only need NY and Philly to lose to tie them, but we also need them to lose another division game to beat them in the tie-breaker

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Good point. If NY and Philly both beat Washington, then the winner of the NY/Philly game in Week 17 would likely own the division tie-breaker. That's why it was very important that we beat NY or Philly in our latest games. It would've given us the tie-breaker if we beat Washington twice later this season. Now we not only need NY and Philly to lose to tie them, but we also need them to lose another division game to beat them in the tie-breaker

If WSH beats them both they will both have 2-3 div records. If the opposite happens like you mentioned both are 3-2 which means we need to sweep WSH to have a tie. Gonna be a circus til the end.