If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
It won't make a difference if NY wins @ least one of their games and/or Philly wins our next 2

We now have to hope teams within our division lose games.

Sydla

Reaction score
Y'all all did this OMG Philly bit last year and again before this season. I know there are some of their fans posing here but mostly it just looks like a bunch of scared masochists.

Silly analogies trying to compare what's going on with last year. We weren't 2-6 last year at this point.

The Eagles aren't a great team but they likely, given where they are now, an 8 or 9 win team unless we get help.

Sydla

Reaction score
Miami is coming off a brutal loss against buffalo. And philly couldnt stop McFadden nevermind miller. You think Cassel is better than Tannehill? I don't

Doesn't matter what you think of Cassel or Tannehill or McFadden or Miller.

In the end, the Cowboys probably need the Dolphins to win that game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you think of Cassel or Tannehill or McFadden or Miller.

In the end, the Cowboys probably need the Dolphins to win that game.

Ok? I'm saying the Phins can win. That's all. Your so angry. Take a Xanax

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I have no confidence, in fact I can see TBay handing the Cowboys a beating. This psyche of the team is so fragile and the coaching/game planning has been so piss poor I could see them falling apart quickly if things don't go there way early.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ok? I'm saying the Phins can win. That's all. Your so angry. Take a Xanax

Maye you are the one the who needs to relax.

I never said the Dolphins have no shot. I just pointed out that we likely need them to win.

foofighters

Reaction score
How many people actually believe that Romo is gonna light it up right off the bat? It's going to take him a few games to get back into it...

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Defense gave up 13 points in two of the last 3 and 20 last game.

They are on pace to generate the fewest turnovers in a season. Add bad tackling and an under-achieving pass rush as well. This D has played pretty well in some first half this year-- and undone it all by shoddy play in the second half-- with the 4th quarter being the achilles heel.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even if the Cowboys win their next 2 games their fate is in the hands of the Giants, Eagles and Commanders. Catching Washington won't be difficult they're only one game ahead of us but if the Giants and Philly win their next 2 games we'll be in the same sinking boat we are now with fewer games left to catch up. If the Giants were to get a spilt in their next 2 games the Cowboys will only make up one game if they win their next 2 with 6 games remaining.

With Philly having the Dolphins, Bucs and Lions the next 3 weeks they have an chance to get on a run so regardless if the Cowboys were to start stringing some wins together the Giants and Philly have to start losing or it will be too little too late. Every time either one of those teams wins a game they put the Cowboys one step closer to elimination.The Cowboys are in a position where they have to win and the other teams have to lose to make up any ground which is why a 2-6 team has never made the playoffs.

The Giants and Philly have a strangle hold on the Cowboys especially with Carolina and Green Bay on their schedule. Those are going to be very difficult games to win even with Romo. The Cowboys will have their best opportunity to make up some ground on the Giants on Sunday with them facing NE. If they were to pull off an upset and the Cowboys lose to the Bucs even those Cowboy FANS living in a complete fantasy world will give up all hope.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How many people actually believe that Romo is gonna light it up right off the bat? It's going to take him a few games to get back into it...

Trust me there's those who believe the Cowboys won't lose another game when Romo returns the posts are on the board.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if the Cowboys win their next 2 games their fate is in the hands of the Giants, Eagles and Commanders. Catching Washington won't be difficult they're only one game ahead of us but if the Giants and Philly win their next 2 games we'll be in the same sinking boat we are now with fewer games left to catch up. If the Giants were to get a spilt in their next 2 games the Cowboys will only make up one game if they win their next 2 with 6 games remaining.

With Philly having the Dolphins, Bucs and Lions the next 3 weeks they have an chance to get on a run so regardless if the Cowboys were to start stringing some wins together the Giants and Philly have to start losing or it will be too little too late. Every time either one of those teams wins a game they put the Cowboys one step closer to elimination.The Cowboys are in a position where they have to win and the other teams have to lose to make up any ground which is why a 2-6 team has never made the playoffs.

The Giants and Philly have a strangle hold on the Cowboys especially with Carolina and Green Bay on their schedule. Those are going to be very difficult games to win even with Romo. The Cowboys will have their best opportunity to make up some ground on the Giants on Sunday with them facing NE. If they were to pull off an upset and the Cowboys lose to the Bucs even those Cowboy FANS living in a complete fantasy world will give up all hope.

I don't think there are a lot of Cowboys fans living in a fantasy world right now. There are fans (and I'm among them) who are hoping to see the team progress up until the point they're actually mathematically eliminated. But you can watch and say there's still hope while realizing the outlooks is very grim. Nothing wrong with that.

Fortunes do change in the NFL pretty quickly, though. An injury or two or an upset or two, and what looks like a lock before Thanksgiving can become an epic collapse or a dramatic postseason run. Who knows? It might be the Commanders who catch fire here at the end of the season and knock us off and not the Giants or the Eagles at all.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
For the past few years we've been in the post season or have been in the hunt for a playoff berth, I don't see things changing this year if we win on Sunday. However there's no room for error, meaning Tony and the offense will have to play so well to ensure that the defense is not in a situation where they have to make a key stop for us to win.

slick325

Reaction score
The way the schedule rolled really has little to do with it. In fact, it was actually favorable. Getting games like NO and ATL for example. Seattle in particular has an insane history of success in November and December over the last few years.

The six successive losses is what didn't do us any favors. A couple of wins, even ONE, would change things dramatically.

It is not about counting victories. It is counting on that plus the type of winning streak that only truly elite football teams can muster. You saw an elite football team for the last six weeks? I sure didn't.

I disagree with you on this Alexander. How the schedule rolled out is very relevant. If Dallas lost six straight games and sat at 2-6 but you substitute the losses to the Giants and Eagles with losses to the Jets and Bills, Dallas would still have a chance to right their ship if you will by handling their own business with 6 games against divisional foes to close the season.

Yes, they should have found a way to win games without Romo. That goes without saying. But, my point was merely, that 2015, unlike other years, does not offer a schedule where they can beat the teams ahead of them or chasing them late in the season. Last season, Dallas lost on Thanksgiving Day to the Eagles but had two more divisional games to right the ship (a rematch against the Eagles and the closer against Washington)...the way the schedule fell last season made it possible to win the NFC East on Dallas' own merits. How it plays out this season is not quite the same way unless Washington somehow takes command of the division and Dallas gets a chance to beat them twice to takeover 1st place.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think there are a lot of Cowboys fans living in a fantasy world right now. There are fans (and I'm among them) who are hoping to see the team progress up until the point they're actually mathematically eliminated. But you can watch and say there's still hope while realizing the outlooks is very grim. Nothing wrong with that.

Fortunes do change in the NFL pretty quickly, though. An injury or two or an upset or two, and what looks like a lock before Thanksgiving can become an epic collapse or a dramatic postseason run. Who knows? It might be the Commanders who catch fire here at the end of the season and knock us off and not the Giants or the Eagles at all.

There's many on the board and I'm not one of them who are hoping the team tanks so they end up with a top 5 pick. Fortunes can can change in the NFL but the fortunes for the Cowboys are going to have to change dramatically for them to make the playoffs. They not only have to start stringing a bunch of wins together but the Giants and Philly are going to have to start stringing some losses together. There's 2 teams that have multiple game leads on the Cowboys so the fortunes of 3 teams are going to have to change pretty dramatically for the Cowboys to have a shot. Even Washington isn't out of it they're a game up on the Cowboys. We have to make up ground on every team in the division to make the playoffs and that's going to be a pretty daunting task for a team that's riding the longest losing streak they've had in 26 years.

The Cowboys have little to no room for error at this point they have to start making up some ground NOW and it's going to take them winning and the other teams losing to do it. Someone will end up with at least 8 wins so the Cowboys can do no worse than 6-2 the rest of the way. If they were to somehow do that they'll have to win a tiebreaker within the division. If it comes down to conference wins the Cowboys are in the basement at 2-5. Hard for me to hold on to any hope when so many things have to go your way to make the playoffs in a season where nothing has gone the Cowboys way.

Prior to the Seattle loss I had some hope and came up with a number on scenario's where the Cowboys could turn this season around with a victory over Seattle. That loss doomed them especially the way they lost it. If your defense can't generate a consistent pass rush or force any turnovers and can't make critical stops you have no shot at beating what are very longs odds to make the playoffs. Hard to turn things around when you don't have a defense and are going to have to put everything on the shoulder of your QB who's missed most of the season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You think Romo and the Boys can't go 6-1? I don't mean do you think he will do it. Do you think he *can't?*

Romo can't do it on his own having to do things on his own is what lead to those 8-8 seasons. He's going to have to work off some rust when he returns he didn't play much in preseason and only a quarter and half this season. He's going to need a consistent running game and the defense is going to have to step up or he'll be back having to carry the team like he did on opening day and that could lead to another injury.

You can't expect him to be real sharp immediately upon his return it's going to take him at least a game or two to get his timing down. He's not going to be returning to the same undefeated team he left in week 2 he'll be taking over a derailment. Dunbar who Romo had a lot of success with in the passing game the first 2 weeks is gone and he hasn't played much with McFadden so he'll be facing a real challenge to try and get the team back on track with all the losses we've suffered since he went down.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's many on the board and I'm not one of them who are hoping the team tanks so they end up with a top 5 pick. Fortunes can can change in the NFL but the fortunes for the Cowboys are going to have to change dramatically for them to make the playoffs. They not only have to start stringing a bunch of wins together but the Giants and Philly are going to have to start stringing some losses together. There's 2 teams that have multiple game leads on the Cowboys so the fortunes of 3 teams are going to have to change pretty dramatically for the Cowboys to have a shot. Even Washington isn't out of it they're a game up on the Cowboys. We have to make up ground on every team in the division to make the playoffs and that's going to be a pretty daunting task for a team that's riding the longest losing streak they've had in 26 years.

The Cowboys have little to no room for error at this point they have to start making up some ground NOW and it's going to take them winning and the other teams losing to do it. Someone will end up with at least 8 wins so the Cowboys can do no worse than 6-2 the rest of the way. If they were to somehow do that they'll have to win a tiebreaker within the division. If it comes down to conference wins the Cowboys are in the basement at 2-5. Hard for me to hold on to any hope when so many things have to go your way to make the playoffs in a season where nothing has gone the Cowboys way.

Prior to the Seattle loss I had some hope and came up with a number on scenario's where the Cowboys could turn this season around with a victory over Seattle. That loss doomed them especially the way they lost it. If your defense can't generate a consistent pass rush or force any turnovers and can't make critical stops you have no shot at beating what are very longs odds to make the playoffs. Hard to turn things around when you don't have a defense and are going to have to put everything on the shoulder of your QB who's missed most of the season.

It definitely looks grim. It's obvious that they're probably not going to win the division. But low-probability stuff also happens every year in the NFL.

I specifically didn't say that Romo could do it on his own, though. The team has to stay healthy in its current incarnation and we can't afford huge negative plays on ST or defense that give close games away. That said, I really do think this team would have won just about every game in even this bad stretch with Romo under center. The idea of everybody playing at a similar level isn't really all that unheard of. The problem is, we've got two very good teams still on the schedule on top of the various other close games we always have. And, as you say, there are three teams ahead of us who also have to lose since we don't control our own destiny right now.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I don't see how we have 2 losses to play with..............we are 2-6 and 2 more losses will put us at 8-8...........I don't think 8-8 wins the division, not when the Giants already have 5 wins.

I may be wrong, but I do not think the Cowboys have ever won the East with a record of 500 or below since their inception in 1960. In fact, it has only happened just a couple of times in NFL history that a team wins their division at 500 or worse.

I think we have 1 loss to play with.............9-7 is the absolute worst we can be and still have a shot.

Because the Giants and Eagles still play the Patriots which is an additional loss. The Giants have to go 4-2 in their other games outside of the Patriots. The Eagles have to go 5-2 outside of the Patriots and to get to 9-7. Nothing I've seen from either of these teams makes me think they can do that down the stretch with some tough games on the schedule for both. 8-8 is likely to win this division for somebody depending on the tiebreakers. Not to mention they still play each other so that gives one of them only 1 additional loss in the other games to have a lot at 9 wins.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Even when the season/playoff run is over for Dallas, and any sane person hopes but anticipates that it will indeed end, even then, I'll still be fully invested in every game, especially the two Skins games. Win those and I'll be happy until next season.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
2 losses to play with?

You guys act like the Giants and Eagles are just going to close shop and let the Cowboys catch them. Each win by either team puts us 2 games back with fewer games to catch up.

Maybe look at what they have to do to get to 9-7 before making lame statements? Both havethe Patriots left. 1 loss each. That means the Giants have to go 4-2 outside of the Patriots and Eagles 5-2 outside of the Patriots. They also both play each other which is another guaranteed loss for one of them. What makes you think either of them are going to pull that off? 8-8 wins this division for somebody, but just keep throwing out your blanket statement without looking at facts if thats what serves your purpose.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I don't think either Eagles or Giants are going to close shop and not try...
I just don't think either team is better than an 8-8 team.
Sure they could go on a run like we could also. And it would mean we can't catch them.
The point is that no one knows what will happen. No one.
Why not enjoy the rest of the season and give yourself a routing interest in the rest of the season?
Are you afraid of being let down? Aren't you anyway if we don't win a playoff game or more?
I'm choosing the way that allows me to continue to be entertained since isn't this what sports are anyway?

In 1971, there was a QB controversy for a certain team that ended when the rotating QB system put up over 500 yds of offense, but lost the game, and fell to 4-3. The next week, the HC picked his less experienced QB as the starter, and he went 10-0, leading them to their first SB win.

You guessed it -- that was Roger Staubach.