CFZ If this team fizzles again-the off-season was a big reason

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but was San Francisco uber aggressive in the offseason? I don't remember that being the case and they are certainly a real contender this season.

Praxit

Reaction score
but wait a minute. Few weeks ago everyone was flying high on FA and Off season moves.....lol..

Then this happened. We got hit with injury Bug, thats it.

We might escape and maybe not.

quickccc

Reaction score
The last 3 seasons he played, OBJ has avg 3 receptions for 38 yards. He averages 4 TDs a season in those last 3 seasons. He hasn’t had a double digit TD season in 5 years. He’s 30 and following 2 knee surgeries. He’s not at all what he used to be. His reputation exceeds his performance.

If there's a concern about durability or full ACL recovery along with his current age, I can see where there could be a case made
for incentives, option outs and escape clauses.
At age 30 this is likely OBJ's last contract in his NFL career, so i definitely don't see a bargain based deal.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When you have two buffoons counting their pennies and refusing to sign FAs year in and year out, and then trying to dump all their cash on an average guy like Gregory, it's amazing we are where we are right now. We will never win anything building through the draft alone, but somehow dumb and dumber just don't get it...or don't care.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yea, and he’s like 50.

Lamb is great, Gallup and Brown have been irrelevant. You need more than 1 if you want to compete in the playoffs.
Peters is outstanding as a swing tackle. Brown has been pretty good as a 3. They should beat Tampa. I'm thinking if they clench the 5 spot, they will rest Parsons for the playoffs and it will help him and the team a lot in the playoffs.

rambo2

Reaction score
True enough, but even “down and out Tom Tom Brady” is licking his chops awaiting to face his favorite punching bag known as the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are the remedy for all of his ills
Tom Brady is licking his wounds after getting his butt kicked.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What I hate the most is hearing our fat favorite son Executive VP wax on about “staying within the cap for future years” while teams passing us on the highway are saying, “Cap? We want to win NOW.”

The priority continues to be paying their own draft picks whether or not those players have actually won anything. I'm fine with keeping the band together if they have proven success. Doing so hoping that they'll do more than they've shown you seems ego-driven, lazy, or playing it safe. Whatever it is, it hasn't worked and likely never will.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Peters is outstanding as a swing tackle. Brown has been pretty good as a 3. They should beat Tampa. I'm thinking if they clench the 5 spot, they will rest Parsons for the playoffs and it will help him and the team a lot in the playoffs.

Noah was our #5 last year. He’s a 4 at best…someone that ideally isn’t a top option in the passing game.

rambo2

Reaction score
When you have two buffoons counting their pennies and refusing to sign FAs year in and year out, and then trying to dump all their cash on an average guy like Gregory, it's amazing we are where we are right now. We will never win anything building through the draft alone, but somehow dumb and dumber just don't get it...or don't care.
They signed quite a few free agents and have a very good roster.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
The Amani deal was a real head scratcher. Must have been hitting heads with the Jones’.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
What I hate the most is hearing our fat favorite son Executive VP wax on about “staying within the cap for future years” while teams passing us on the highway are saying, “Cap? We want to win NOW.”

Seems the Cowboys are ok with being in the middle, or slightly above. My thinking is if you aren't at the top you're probably better off at the bottom. If you don't have a chance at the super bowl blow the thing up, if you do then go all in.

pitt33

Reaction score
Needs and concerns in the offseason:

- Swing OT
- WR
- DT

Current needs and concerns:

- Swing OT
- WR
- DT
- CB (due to injury)

Yea, complete whiff in this offseason. I’d argue we subtracted instead of added.
But it really doesn’t matter does it?

This organization is incapable of putting a playoff winning team together.

Sigh.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago seems like some were going on about how much is changing , better team, etc .

And some of us warned to wait until the season unfolds.

In the end it’s turned out much like some predicted with hopeful we’d win 10 or 11 games , contending for a playoff spot as we were retooling this roster.

We also said the Egirls looked like they had improved the most with several 1st round picks and offseason moves.

I’d say it’s turned out much as expected . Maybe even a little better for us than expected . Shoot, we have clinched a playoff spot with 3 games to play.

It is what it is . Its really becoming quite a roller coaster some fans take with their ups and downs throughout the season.

We could still win a playoff game which would be some improvement from last year. If not then about where sound analysis predicted.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The team has already started to fizzle and the injuries on defense are the main reason. The defense has been decimated by injuries. Despite the lack luster off-season the Cowboys had a real good team the first half of the season and were able to win games with a backup QB because of their defense that had been outstanding. The injuries have caused the defense to fall apart. Earlier in the season we were bending but not breaking but now we’re breaking. We’re giving up a lot more points/TDs than we were earlier in the season. This has put more pressure on our offense and Dak to have to score more. We just gave up over 500 yards and 40 points to a 5 win team yesterday. Our defense is a shell of what it was earlier in the season and it’s resulting in another December swoon.

TheHerd

Reaction score

And yet most of them also seem to figure out a way to get under the cap while continuing to build their rosters with draft AND free agency. There is so much broken with this front office.