If you had to make tough call and only keep 3 of 4, who walk, Coop, Dak, Zeke, DLaw?

jay94

Reaction score
Dak isn't terrible and Dak isn't great, but I would rather have an average/above average with upside than complete garbage at the most important position in the league.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak isn't terrible and Dak isn't great, but I would rather have an average/above average with upside than complete garbage at the most important position in the league.

I rather see what Dak can do against a first place schedule, versus what he can do against an easy schedule, before betting the future of the franchise on him.

blumayne38

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous video. Sure Dak needs to improve, but even Tom Brady would look bad in a video that is restricted to showing every incomplete pass he threw over a season.
Its a pretty unbiased if you ask me, just showing what a lot of people seem to ignore.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Exactly. RBs make very little difference in the result of games. They are more a product of the system than any position in football, and is backed by years worth of stats.

Go get a cheap alternative and use the savings on players who will have a bigger effect on winning the game.

Or get a QB that has the balls to audible out of a run play.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the other hand, I don't generally watch a game that Brady is playing in and say, ouch that was a badly thrown ball. With Dak, I seem to notice a lot of them. It's not just me, I mean announcers like Aikman seem to point them out all the time too.

There is no other hand. You are talking about judging from watching games, not this video, which is entirely different and not what I was talking about. Nobody would dispute that Brady is a much better QB, but watching this video does not provide an accurate portrayal of Dak any more than watching a video that is restricted to showing every completion over the season would. Videos can be created to make things appear any way the person who created it wants, and showing nothing but the bad (or nothing but the good) isn’t reality.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a pretty unbiased if you ask me, just showing what a lot of people seem to ignore.

Lol - how in the world could an entire video showing only the bad plays and none of the good plays be unbiased? Again every QB, including Tom Brady, would look bad in a video restricted to only showing the bad plays.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Anyone who can throw deep more consistently than Dak can take better advantage of cooper than Dak. Both Gallup and Cooper are good route runners. The reason why Cooper catches more of Dak's passes than Gallup if this is true? Cooper is very good at making adjustments to the ball when it is over/under thrown. Coop made Dak look good after 3-5.
Very few people on this planet throw deep more consistently than Dak. As I said, there's very little room to go up when Dak is already making cooper a top 6 WR. And very very very few people actually view Cooper as a top 6 WR individually.

You can spin it however you would like, but Dak makes Cooper better and Cooper makes Dak better.

Reactions: G2

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lol - how in the world could an entire video showing only the bad plays and none of the good plays be unbiased? Again every QB, including Tom Brady, would look bad in a video restricted to only showing the bad plays.

Pretty ridiculous statement lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not sure you are aware of what "unbiased" means. It's close to the exact opposite of you think it means.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Because it’s not just SHOWING bad plays,it’s explaining how they are bad and being critical as he should be. People sometimes just can’t handle the truth...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it’s not just SHOWING bad plays,it’s explaining how they are bad and being critical as he should be. People sometimes just can’t handle the truth...

Lol, this is laughable. Any way you want to couch it doesn’t change the fact the video is not a comprehensive look at Dak. It still represents only one side. Even with a great QB like Brady you could show and explain why every bad throw made was a bad throw, but it would still only represent one side, and not reflect all the greatness. One sided is one sided.

It’s not about handling the truth. I know, as do most people, that Dak has things he doesn’t do as well as he needs to, but you are still talking about a one sided video. There is no representation of anything but negative plays, so the perception is it creates is nothing but negative.

Last edited:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
My issue is, Zeke is probably the one who can be the easiest to replace, but the dude has earned his money more than any of the other three.

Amari and DLaw, and even Dak, have showed some flashes, but Zeke is elite.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That would be OK to be critical if it showed the in-completions that are just his fault. Not every one was, that's why it's extra biased to use that video as a point. There are many faults in the video as well.

I don't know many who claim Prescott is perfect or maybe I just gloss over those posts, but to suggest this video is unbiased and a good reference proves that you are simply biased against Prescott.

The video replays a pass to Bryant (for a 1st down) vs NYG that was right on the money and Dez dropped it, right through his hands. No way that's on the QB. Then another near the end zone.

Also - The video shows completions, so it's all a touch disingenuous.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check out this guy. He thinks it's easier to replace a RB the level of Ezekiel Elliott than it is a QB the level of Dak Prescott.

Watch him do it.

My issue is, Zeke is probably the one who can be the easiest to replace, but the dude has earned his money more than any of the other three.

Amari and DLaw, and even Dak, have showed some flashes, but Zeke is elite.

RoboQB

Reaction score
What part of this reads "better record with only one of them on the field?"

Geezus, this has become more difficult than necessary.

3-4 record with Zeke without Cooper.
8-3 record with Zeke and Cooper.
Is that not accurate?

I merely said you need the threat of one for the other to be successful.
It was intended to be a light-hearted "Confucius says..." type of deal
but I guess statistics and research has taken humor away from you... sad.

Lol... another light-hearted attempt.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Very few people on this planet throw deep more consistently than Dak. As I said, there's very little room to go up when Dak is already making cooper a top 6 WR. And very very very few people actually view Cooper as a top 6 WR individually.

You can spin it however you would like, but Dak makes Cooper better and Cooper makes Dak better.
Top 6? Based on what?

Even if you ignore the games in Oakland (which were very similar except for the two immediately before the trade where he had a combined 1 catch), and extrapolate his time in Dallas over a full season, it would put him in the 16-17 (as opposed to the 21st - in 15 games - he ended up at) range as far as yards.