If you hate on Dak, you don't know Jack

nobody

Reaction score
106 passer rating. 80% completions percentage. Result: a win.

Dak is a winner. 2nd NFC East Division Champions + playoffs in his first 3 seasons.

You are a loser.

....continue whining.

Stats are for losers. Pretty sure that's what you were crying all through Romo's career.

Dak has regressed. Dak still holds the ball too long and won't anticipate receivers open. If he won't fix the issues he's got, he's not a viable long-term starter. The team will go nowhere in the playoffs if the offense can't start scoring more. The defense won this game, plain and simple. The defense has won a lot of the games this season. Dak needs to step up.

I blame some of his issues on the front office's choice of coaching, but at some point Dak's gotta say "you know, this ain't working" and seek someone that will help him and not the coaches that aren't doing jack.... that or he isn't listening.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I love dak and back him as a person and our qb. But If you think this team has more than 2-3 wins right now without this defense you dont know football and that's a fact.

So what you are saying is that football is a complimentary sport where the offense and defense operate in a symbiotic relationship? Well damn Sherlock, I think you need to go to the press with that one.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Stats are for losers. Pretty sure that's what you were crying all through Romo's career.

Dak has regressed. Dak still holds the ball too long and won't anticipate receivers open. If he won't fix the issues he's got, he's not a viable long-term starter. The team will go nowhere in the playoffs if the offense can't start scoring more. The defense won this game, plain and simple. The defense has won a lot of the games this season. Dak needs to step up.

I blame some of his issues on the front office's choice of coaching, but at some point Dak's gotta say "you know, this ain't working" and seek someone that will help him and not the coaches that aren't doing jack.... that or he isn't listening.

Nope, Romo's entire career was one long prayer that he wouldn't gunsling his way to a 5 Interception game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

You supported a choker for 10 full seasons, and I told you Romo would never lead the Cowboys to any championship playoff game.

Dak is going to do it. Just wait and see. Much sooner than you think.

Wood

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but so-called Dak "haters," as we call them, don't really know what they're talking about.

He's no gunslinger, like Romo was. But as much as I loved Romo, I'll take a busdriver for the things he does, like be sure of his read before he throws, than someone who has a gunslinger mentality.

Dak is an athlete. If you can't see that, you aren't looking. That alone makes him a credible threat to defenses.

Dak is young. He's in his third year. Some QBs never start until their 3rd or 4th year. That says something about his game.

Dak has led us to the playoff twice in his first two years. He's young, but he overcomes being young by being mature. And being an athlete. I like that about him.

Dak is clutch. Like it or not, he's clutch. His game speaks for itself.

He's gotten better as the season has gone on. That's all you can ask of a quarterback.

He wins.

Haters can hate all they want. But when you hate on a winner, that means you're probably a loser. Why else would the haters hate so hard?

All of you Uncle Ricos can take a hike.

We clinched the NFCE with one game left.

That's all Dak had to do, and he did it.

Dak is still wildly inconsistent in his 3rd year which is not good sign. I have pretty much ruled him out of ever being a pocket passer. Which means some OC will need to develop college offense approach with him that will likely have him running alot. But the thing is when Dak runs he looks for contact and that usually have cumulative effect after few years in league. I absolutely wouldn't extend him this off-season after what I have seen (poor defensive recognition, poor pocket awareness, poor accuracy). I would bring in new OC and let 2019 be deciding factor on contract extension.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whatever you want to say to get through the night cupcake. Now run along and curl up in that fetal position and suck on that thumb because your bottom of the pack QB just won the NFC East for us.
Awww look at you, talking all hard on a message board! You're adorable! If you think that Dak is the reason we won the East you're not really worth discussing football with.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Awww look at you, talking all hard on a message board! You're adorable! If you think that Dak is the reason we won the East you're not really worth discussing football with.

Dak would be one of the reasons sure, just as Zeke was one of the reason, Amari Cooper was one, the defense etc etc. Heck Even Jason Garrett was one of the reason. Get it or is the concept of a team sport alien to you?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak would be one of the reasons sure, just as Zeke was one of the reason, Amari Cooper was one, the defense etc etc. Heck Even Jason Garrett was one of the reason. Get it or is the concept of a team sport alien to you?
Oh yeah, I get that, but that's not what you said. You said Dak won it, or is that not what you meant by "because your bottom of the pack QB just won the NFC East for us"??

I'm on record here saying that teams win and lose games and assigning Ws and Ls to QBs is moronic. That said, it's not tough to figure out who the weakest links on the team are...and he's one of them.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
He had 1 absolutely gorgeous pass today to Gallup on the sideline between 2 defenders, may have been Q2. You see an ooohhh and aaahhh pass like that and you think this kid can play, problem is that these passes are so few and so far between a bunch of crap passes. He brings a lot to the table but is really hurting in the passing dept.

This team is really our 92 team, young but ready to win it all NOW...I think Dak is going to be the one to hold us back unless he does a complete 180 in the playoffs.

I think Dak displays a tendency to lock onto a target early in his read - sometimes guessing correctly ala the dime to Michael Gallup in the first quarter. And sometimes incorrectly - as when he clanged a ball intended for the TE, slanting in from the right, off the chest of a Tampa Bay linebacker whom had obviously tracked Dak's stare in the same quarter.

Until Dak understands what he's seeing in the coverages it's mostly gonna be checkdowns unless the target is freakishly open. The alternative is probably a spike in INTs.

shabazz

Reaction score
You supported a choker for 10 full seasons, and I told you Romo would never lead the Cowboys to any championship playoff game.

Dak is going to do it. Just wait and see. Much sooner than you think.

Never gonna happen. We already wasted 3 years on this decrepit pile of Moose Dung

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I get that, but that's not what you said. You said Dak won it, or is that not what you meant by "because your bottom of the pack QB just won the NFC East for us"??

I'm on record here saying that teams win and lose games and assigning Ws and Ls to QBs is moronic. That said, it's not tough to figure out who the weakest links on the team are...and he's one of them.

Well does the QB of the winning team not have the win assigned to them? Did Dak Prescott not contribute to our win by running in a TD and throwing for another TD? Is that in your opinion not winning the game?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yeah, that 160 yard performance today is probably living in all the defensive coordinators heads too. Pffffffft

A win is a win, whether you throw for 500 yards or 100 yards - we play team football, run the ball, are conservative on the pass and play good defense - so what if you haven't tossed for 200, 300, 400 or whatever your arbitrary yardage for the day is? Does it make the win any less of a win?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well does the QB of the winning team not have the win assigned to them? Did Dak Prescott not contribute to our win by running in a TD and throwing for another TD? Is that in your opinion not winning the game?

Yes he contributed. Yes he's still one of the weakest links.

W-L is not assigned to the qb by anyone that matters. Talking heads who need to discuss who the GOAT is and nauseum and ignorant fans is about it.

Here's 3 of the biggest stat databases. Take a look and show me where the W-L column is for the QB. I'll save you some time...there isn't one.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/search/search.fcgi?hint=&search=quarterback+wins&pid=&idx=

http://m.espn.com/nfl/leagueleaders?src=desktop

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ACK&qualified=true&season=2018&seasonType=REG

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I promise you, most of us want him to be good. We know how hard it is to find a good QB, and if Dak became one, it would be one major issue we could stop worrying about.
You could tell Troy wanted to come right out and say that Dak isn't a very good QB, as he pointed out the easy targets and throws Dak was missing....but I guess Troy must be a "hater".

I've said it for years, Troy Aikman is a hater.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that football is a complimentary sport where the offense and defense operate in a symbiotic relationship? Well damn Sherlock, I think you need to go to the press with that one.

Well most fans dont understand that or football watson.