If you swap the quarterbacks, Dallas wins comfortably

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
LOL..........more genius QB analysis from the guy that has been dead wrong on Dak since day #1.

So Dak is regressing eh? Because we actually won a playoff game and he threw for 300 yards and 5 TD's while doing it?

Keep on trucking buddy. I look forward another offseason of making you look like the fool with the facts.
Come on Man.....DAK is DAK...When you needed him to show up he CHOKES......oh yeah,,,they beat a 8-9 Buc's team with a 45yr old QB and no OL to speak of.....DAK has reached his ceiling.....cant pay this average to good QB 40mil and build a team around him...but I am sure you will say otherwise....you always do......

erod

Reaction score
LOL...........You look like a fool saying a QB that is regressing after he just dropped 300 and 5 TD's on a playoff team last week.

Dak has been making fools our of donkeys like you since he came into the NFL and this year is no different.

Did you think Dak would whoop it up against the #1 D in football? Thats on you buddy. Learn football. You wont be so disappointed.
My gawd you're comical, which is why I have you on ignore.

Every playoff team would have destroyed Tampa. That's the worst playoff team I've seen in decades. Teams did that to them all year.

Dallas outplayed the 49ers all game. Except for one player.

Dak is worse than your posts, which are worse than Tampa.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
No mystery remains.

Everybody in this organization is hamstrung by Dak.

McCarthy, Kellen Moore, the receivers, the running game, the defense....

They can't do what they can do because their QB has so many limitations. He's the only glaring liability of the roster.

It's like trying to win a chess tournament without knowing how the rooks and bishops move.

Meanwhile, Purdy sees the game better already. Dallas wins by three scores today with Purdy here and Dak there.

Dak is regressing rapidly.
I disgree. Purdy does not beat the 49ers with the roster Dallas has. Purdy does not beat the 49ers with coaching in Dallas. Purdy does not beat the 49ers with the front in Dallas. The 49ers are better than Dallas in every way....they were last year..and Dallas did not believe it...so for good measure the 49ers came back the following year and showed you again...with a 7th round rookie!

And I am not saying Dak was NOT bad...he was!!!!!! But this game was lost before it started. They think Dak is something he is not. And that has been the case for a while!

erod

Reaction score
I disgree. Purdy does not beat the 49ers with the roster Dallas has. Purdy does not beat the 49ers with coaching in Dallas. Purdy does not beat the 49ers with the front in Dallas. The 49ers are better than Dallas in every way....they were last year..and Dallas did not believe it...so for good measure the 49ers came back the following year and showed you again...with a 7th round rookie!

And I am not saying Dak was NOT bad...he was!!!!!! But this game was lost before it started. They think Dak is something he is not. And that has been the case for a while!
Stop blaming the coaches.

We loved Linehan until Dak showed up. Same with Dez.

We fired Linehan and Garrett for Dak. Now everybody wants to fire McCarthy and Moore.

There is no head coach or OC who can work with the restrictions that come with Dak's limitations.

He doesn't see the field fast enough against good teams, and he's inaccurate as hell.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Cowboys have to move on from Dak at all cost even if we have to pay another team draft picks and money to take him . I’d rather go in with Cooper Rush next year . We are paying 40 million to a 12 million dollar QB and it’s killing team and it’s only going to get worse when we need to keep other players . Cowboys are in an absolute death spiral with Dak’s contract right now .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No mystery remains.

They can't do what they can do because their QB has so many limitations. He's the only glaring liability of the roster.

It's like trying to win a chess tournament without knowing how the rooks and bishops move.

Meanwhile, Purdy sees the game better already. Dallas wins by three scores today with Purdy here and Dak there.

Dak is not regressing. He is showing his ceiling as a QB. He is not and never was a guy whose going to lead a team to a super bowl.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
He got outplayed by a rookie in a playoff game. Dak is what he is and what he is isn't going to cut it.

Yes. He's a 4th round find that has played up to his ability level.
And can never seem to get better.
There was a reason he was there in the 4th round.

As for the Purdy game he played.
Quinn figured out - hold him in the pocket - make him move in on direction to stop a lot of the throws.
Kittle saved their butts multiple times.

Yes. We need a change and a chance to improve at QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL..........more genius QB analysis from the guy that has been dead wrong on Dak since day #1.

So Dak is regressing eh? Because we actually won a playoff game and he threw for 300 yards and 5 TD's while doing it?

Keep on trucking buddy. I look forward another offseason of making you look like the fool with the facts.
This has to be exhausting.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak is getting torn up by the media and its more technical this time. People are showing videos of his bad reads, where the open receivers were, his off target passes, etc.

This is probably eye opening to the pro-Dak part of the fanbase who thinks that nothing is ever Dak's fault. Some of those reads and passes yesterday were terrible.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys have to move on from Dak at all cost even if we have to pay another team draft picks and money to take him . I’d rather go in with Cooper Rush next year . We are paying 40 million to a 12 million dollar QB and it’s killing team and it’s only going to get worse when we need to keep other players . Cowboys are in an absolute death spiral with Dak’s contract right now .
Its not going to happen. Too big of a poison pill with that contract to field a better team so what's the point? The potential out is after the 2023 season, but that would require us to eat a 49M cap hit in 2023. So, odds are Jerry is going to restructure him out a few more years this offseason. I predict a 3-4 year extension..

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Stop blaming the coaches.

We loved Linehan until Dak showed up. Same with Dez.

We fired Linehan and Garrett for Dak. Now everybody wants to fire McCarthy and Moore.

There is no head coach or OC who can work with the restrictions that come with Dak's limitations.

He doesn't see the field fast enough against good teams, and he's inaccurate as hell.
Dak has limitations. But that is why I said it is bigger than Dak. Why? Because the front office...which is responsible for the roster and the coaching staff do not recognize the limitations. The build an organization based on Daks paycheck and not his ability! So everything is flawed. And all I saying is that Purdy would not flourish in an environment where EVERYTHING is flawed.

I can cite zillions of examples....but this is a front office (read Jerry)...that actually thought Jaylon Smith was a cornerstone defensive piece. This is an organization (read Jerry)...that thought Jason Garrett was worthy of 10 years....the Giants had enough after 2 years..and he is out of coaching. Remember this front office (read Jerry) told us there would be a line outside the door to hire Garrett if we moved on from him...I guess he should have specified that the line would be for the USFL!!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Purdy is so much better manipulating the pocket and his poise under pressure blows Dak away. Very frustrating. We are stuck with a QB that needs all world talent around him to compete.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
No mystery remains.

But on the plus side, he can sell the heck out of yogurt and mattresses

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, but I think he is regressing in that reality has dawned on him, and now he's throwing picks at a rate we haven't seen before.

Yesterday looked like Washington again.
It looked like Washington b/c they have a SF like DL that can pressure with 4 guys. Hurts has a better chance b/c his OL is better and he can run away from pressure. Dak is slow ** and requires time in the pocket. The he doesn't get it, he sucks. No more tools in the bag.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No mystery remains.

Agreed!!!!!!!

erod

Reaction score
Dak has limitations. But that is why I said it is bigger than Dak. Why? Because the front office...which is responsible for the roster and the coaching staff do not recognize the limitations. The build an organization based on Daks paycheck and not his ability! So everything is flawed. And all I saying is that Purdy would not flourish in an environment where EVERYTHING is flawed.

I can cite zillions of examples....but this is a front office (read Jerry)...that actually thought Jaylon Smith was a cornerstone defensive piece. This is an organization (read Jerry)...that thought Jason Garrett was worthy of 10 years....the Giants had enough after 2 years..and he is out of coaching. Remember this front office (read Jerry) told us there would be a line outside the door to hire Garrett if we moved on from him...I guess he should have specified that the line would be for the USFL!!
I'm not defending the organization, but yesterday Dallas played really well.

They just couldn't execute plays because of Dak, and there are so few plays they can call because he doesn't read coverage fast enough.

bottleKids

Reaction score

That Bucs game was your Superbowl ... you keep bringing up the 300 yard 5 TDs.

Sad.. don't you want more as a fan? Get out of your comfort zone a bit, and explore the idea that maybe Dak is a great QB against bad team but not able to come up big in a big spot / moment. It's ok....I promise.

Our defense played lights out and it was wasted. I will give you other were to blame for certain plays during the game, but overall Dak just doesn't have the big game mentality.

RD21

Reaction score
Not sure how anyone can defend Dak at this point. He consistently comes up small in big games.

Pre-game, I expected SF to put up 30+ points. I feel like the defense played awesome. Considering the turnovers & couple of short fields they were given, to hold them to less than 20 points was a win defensively.

I'll take it a step further. If you could go back to pre-game, I bet 90% of Cowboys fans would've been happy to hear, 19 points for SF. This a team that was averaging 30+/game.

I'm not a fan of McCarthy, or Moore. However, I can't blame them for yesterday. They had the team ready, & the opportunities were there. Dak just pooped the bed........again.