If you swap the quarterbacks, Dallas wins comfortably

erod

Reaction score
And I am not defending Dak. But if we think simply replacing Dak would be enough...we will be right back in the same boat. Beating up bad teams...getting beat up by good teams. Going to the next level is bigger than one move. Our receiving corps is trash. Our interior DL are not good. And our front office is what it always is...not championship level.
Imagine what an elite quarterback would have put up yesterday with this offense. 24 easily, probably 30+ points. The offense is plenty good enough.

Dak makes elite money, but he's no better than the 49er rookie. That is THE problem here. And Jerry.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No mystery remains.

Everybody in this organization is hamstrung by Dak.

McCarthy, Kellen Moore, the receivers, the running game, the defense....

They can't do what they can do because their QB has so many limitations. He's the only glaring liability of the roster.

It's like trying to win a chess tournament without knowing how the rooks and bishops move.

Meanwhile, Purdy sees the game better already. Dallas wins by three scores today with Purdy here and Dak there.

Dak is regressing rapidly.
I doubt it. their offense got 19 points. nothing for them to brag about. their defense made plays when opportunity was there. our defense choked. for example, at the end of the game, with about 2 minutes to go. we know they are going to run the ball. everyone from here to japan knew it, yet they got 13 yards. how can you not stop that....not saying it would make a big difference, but then again, force them to punt with about 2 minutes to go. not give them another set of downs, one time out left... how could we let that happen. how could Diggs drop the ball that hit him square in the hands at that crucial point in the game. their DBs cashed in. ours whiffed on tackles and allowed them to make big plays.

now, I get the agenda. pour it on Dak. he certainly deserves a lot of the blame, but we can't not point fingers at Zeke, Moore, McCarthy, Diggs and our lack of ability to come up big in crucial moments when opportunity was right there. RIGHT THERE diggs, just hit Kittle and don't allow the big play and force them to punt.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep

Problem is our ownership and many fans over evaluated Dak. He should have never been paid as Elite nor ever considered as such.

Good news is he’s still enough to win 13 games. Like much of the league without an Elite QB, you can build around.
This and we don't have any better options. Dak's contract is an anchor. If we cut him, its an 89M in dead cap space. If we keep him and want out after 2023, its a 49M cap hit in 2023. The ONLY option that avoids a total rebuild is to extend him and somehow build a team around him that is good enough to overcome his limitations as a QB.

erod

Reaction score
I doubt it. their offense got 19 points. nothing for them to brag about. their defense made plays when opportunity was there. our defense choked. for example, at the end of the game, with about 2 minutes to go. we know they are going to run the ball. everyone from here to japan knew it, yet they got 13 yards. how can you not stop that....not saying it would make a big difference, but then again, force them to punt with about 2 minutes to go. not give them another set of downs, one time out left... how could we let that happen. how could Diggs drop the ball that hit him square in the hands at that crucial point in the game. their DBs cashed in. ours whiffed on tackles and allowed them to make big plays.

now, I get the agenda. pour it on Dak. he certainly deserves a lot of the blame, but we can't not point fingers at Zeke, Moore, McCarthy, Diggs and our lack of ability to come up big in crucial moments when opportunity was right there. RIGHT THERE diggs, just hit Kittle and don't allow the big play and force them to punt.
OMG, our defense did not choke. They got tired, and still held firm.

This was about one player and one player only.

You can't win games like this with horrible quarterback play.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Imagine what an elite quarterback would have put up yesterday with this offense. 24 easily, probably 30+ points. The offense is plenty good enough.

Dak makes elite money, but he's no better than the 49er rookie. That is THE problem here. And Jerry.
Wow. Wow. The amount of disrespect you are showing the 49ers defense. Has anyone else put 30+ points up on this defense this year? I mean...during their playoff run last year...did anyone even score 20 on them?

erod

Reaction score
Wow. Wow. The amount of disrespect you are showing the 49ers defense. Has anyone else put 30+ points up on this defense this year? I mean...during their playoff run last year...did anyone even score 20 on them?
Dak had a good pocket most of the game and open receivers. The picks he threw were brain dead. Just horrible. Elite quarterbacks don't make those decisions.

Perhaps 30 is too much, but 24 easily.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OMG, our defense did not choke. They got tired, and still held firm.

This was about one player and one player only.

You can't win games like this with horrible quarterback play.
In this particular game I’d agree. But not in evaluating entire season .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had a good pocket most of the game and open receivers. The picks he threw were brain dead. Just horrible. Elite quarterbacks don't make those decisions.

He got lucky it was only 2. Should have been 4INTs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In this particular game I’d agree. But not in evaluating entire season .
SF is our nemesis. With their cheap rookie QB contracts and ability to sign and draft, they aren't going anywhere. The only point of the regular season is get us to that game yesterday. What we saw is the true merit of the team not the 12 wins.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowboy fans living in denial as usual. Outside of Lamb the 49ers had every better option. Gallup shouldn't even be on the field this year.
Lol but their options got shut down besides Kittle late.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yep

Problem is we have built this team like we have an Elite QB. Another poor analysis by our ownership which will continue to cost us unless we adjust and build around accordingly.

Dak obviously isn’t enough to carry us against the greater defenses and teams . I’m not sure our leadership is willing to admit.

Most teams recognize their talent appropriately and build around as such. And why our ownership is still our greatest hurdle to overcome .

Hadenough

Reaction score
He has played much better on Detroit than he did on LA.

Is there a guy out there we could trade for? Maybe bring a bit competition. I remember there was a rumor once that we were interested in trading for Stafford before the Rams did it.
I think if Dallas had Jimmy G they would of won that game. He has done more under pressure than Dak will ever do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
SF is our nemesis. With their cheap rookie QB contracts and ability to sign and draft, they aren't going anywhere. The only point of the regular season is get us to that game yesterday. What we saw is the true merit of the team not the 12 wins.
But you need those 12 wins to reach this game.

The core issue is we haven’t managed our talent or lack thereof appropriately. SF obviously recognizes their less than Elite QB’s and build accordingly.

Our ownership is more concerned with building hype than championships.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The core issue is we haven’t managed our talent or lack thereof appropriately. SF obviously recognizes their less than Elite QB’s and build accordingly.

No you don't. Tampa won 8 games and had the same chance we did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think if Dallas had Jimmy G they would of won that game. He has done more under pressure than Dak will ever do.
Unless they paid Jimmy G like he was Elite and expected him to carry less than Elite surrounding talent .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Their less than elite QBs are all better than Dak.

Echospacing

Reaction score
Purdy didn't look that great, sorry. What we saw was conservative play calling from SF to keep Purdy out of trouble. Even then it took luck going SF's way for SF to win. The Kittle catch and the deflected Dak int into Warner hands. That's how it goes in the playoffs. Cincy wouldn't even be in the AFC champ game if not for the Ravens bone headed fumble run back for a TD. If Diggs had caught the deflected pass for the int things may have been different. SF won a home game with everything pretty much everything going there way including the boys losing Pollard which was a huge loss. I don't think Kittles catch was skill. It doinked off his helmet. Yes Warner was in the right place, but so was Diggs. It's luck and the boys don't seem to have too much of that as seen by the devastating loss of Pollard.