If you swap the quarterbacks, Dallas wins comfortably

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak just isn't accurate when it comes to pressure. He's on and off and very streaky.
Every QB in the NFL can throw when they have a clean pocket, especially in this era when DBs already have a hard enough time covering WRs because of the rules.

Mark Rypien in a much more difficult passing era looked like the next coming when the Hogs that year put on a clinic in blocking. That OL was by far the greatest ever, better than any that was fielded in Dallas too.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
what did purdy do that was so amazing? Purdy did not turn the ball over 2X in his own side of the field, Purdy read the defense and passed the ball with accuracy to the receivers IN STRIDE with accuracy TIME AND TIME AGAIN . PURDY AT THE BEGINNING HAD LESS time than DAK and our defense in first half SHUT DOWN THE RUN COLD.

that , is what PURDY DID and DAK DID NOT. IF DAK HAD we would have LIT THEM UP with 28 points! ALL the other great players we have AROUND DAK are a BANDAID for what really ails us.

I say this BECAUSE I care about this organization and want it to succeed. it is time to move on from Dak
So Dak goes 19-29 for 214 we win?? The difference in the game was one drive that Kittle made a unbelievable play because Diggs didn't want to risk injury to break it up and then the dropped int. I'm not sticking up for Prescott but we move on from him give an alternative plan with cap ramifications and the odds of finding a replacement.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I even suspect we would have come closer to winning if we had played Cooper Rush. Before anyone screams, "He's backup material only," I know that. But with Rush under center, we would have played it more carefully to avoid big errors, which is how they originally played Dak in 2016 when he was so successful. I don't think Rush would have thrown two pics. And with the 49ers offense not scoring that many points, we would have had a shot to win with Rush.

DStar22

Reaction score
So Dak goes 19-29 for 214 we win?? The difference in the game was one drive that Kittle made a unbelievable play because Diggs didn't want to risk injury to break it up and then the dropped int. I'm not sticking up for Prescott but we move on from him give an alternative plan with cap ramifications and the odds of finding a replacement.
the difference was NOT 1 drive that kittle made an unbelievable play, the DIFFERENCE was MANY drives that stalled because Dak underthrew or threw at the wrong angle to perfectly wide open receivers, or went for it all against double coverage, or just threw the ball as hard as he could for hail mary attempts.

unlike Purdy, for the most part, against the #1 defense, HE HAD a fair amount of time in the pocket, but he failed to make reads several times.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Niners blitzed Hufanga a few times to great affect. But mostly, they were able to pressure him with 4. Thats Daks kryptonite as it is for most QBs that are reluctant to run.
Yep, the story goes back to Denver, even though it was always there, it’s just that our OL was that dominant and Linehan was more conservative with Dak. Teams just stopped blitzing after Denver and Dak folded. He played horrible in relevant games and passed stats against horrible teams that had nothing to play for.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OMG, our defense did not choke. They got tired, and still held firm.

This was about one player and one player only.

You can't win games like this with horrible quarterback play.
up until the 11th minute of the 4th quarter, Dallas had advantage of TOP (surprising, yes?). then they had an 8 minute drive. they were tougher. they got the 8 minute drive. they sealed the game. we weren't physical enough, tough enough to stop them. converting 4 first downs...our offense couldnt' mount a 3 minute drive to score. got out in less than one minute, with dak getting sacked almost 3 times in dropping back to pass. their DL was still getting a push and gave up one sack.

this team is not physical. lets not forget the diggs oops tackle trying his best to miss Kittle and not get hit....he thinks this is flag football.

khiladi

Reaction score
I even suspect we would have come closer to winning if we had played Cooper Rush. Before anyone screams, "He's backup material only," I know that. But with Rush under center, we would have played it more carefully to avoid big errors, which is how they originally played Dak in 2016 when he was so successful. I don't think Rush would have thrown two pics. And with the 49ers offense not scoring that many points, we would have had a shot to win with Rush.
It’s not even big errors. Those throws by Dak were bone-headed reads that had nothing to do with playing conservative.

Dallas this year generally played at a “faster pace”.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
the difference was NOT 1 drive that kittle made an unbelievable play, the DIFFERENCE was MANY drives that stalled because Dak underthrew or threw at the wrong angle to perfectly wide open receivers, or went for it all against double coverage, or jus threw the ball as hard as he could for hail mary attempts.
I disagree - 1 drive 7 Points. Sounds like you think Dak is the only problem with this team.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It’s not even big errors. Those throws by Dak were bone-headed reads that had nothing to do with playing conservative.

Dallas this year generally played at a “faster pace”.
Now that you mention it, right right. The massive red flag about Dak was in the Washington game when he almost threw a pick 6 on a basic play, but lucked out when the opponent dropped it. Then he made the EXACT error on the next play, but this time he got burned by a pick 6. It was appalling. I think it's clear that our starting quarterback is actually a journeyman backup who got paid as an elite quarterback via a huge error. He's exactly who we drafted him as in the third round, as a potentially decent backup to a real quarterback.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the throw to Zeke that bounced high in the air, had too much velocity and was way too high and at shoulder. It was a panic throw.

It was similar to the throw he had Lamb on the crossing route when he threw it behind him.

Both of them Dak was moving forward from the pressure.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sure @CowboyRoy is watching the same team as the rest of us
He's not wrong. The problem is that Dak considers himself a lot better than the reality of his talent. He can do what Purdy did yesterday playing within the offense and not making the big mistake. We just need an OC that can convince him that he's not Mahomes or Burrow.

khiladi

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, right right. The massive red flag about Dak was in the Washington game when he almost threw a pick 6 on a basic play, but lucked out when the opponent dropped it. Then he made the EXACT error on the next play, but this time he got burned by a pick 6. It was appalling. I think it's clear that our starting quarterback is actually a journeyman backup who got paid as an elite quarterback via a huge error. He's exactly who we drafted him as in the third round, as a potentially decent backup to a real quarterback.
He should have had a pick 6 on the same exact route last night on the second to last drive of the game.

I said the same thing about Devin White with TB regarding the first game of the season when I went back and saw the tape before the first playoff game this week.

Dak was doing this same thing this year before Cooper Rush even came in for him.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
he is the only one stopping us from advancing to the SB, absolutely correct.
Really - only if you replace him with Mahomes. Once Pollard went out the 49ers had 5 of the top 6 skills position players in the game. Dak needs weapons to be effective.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. They have an agenda and I'm not quite not sure the reason... hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Its not that for many, though some will be dak homers and will always find someone else to blame. The issue is that we are stuck with him. So, the conversation should be about building around him and getting him back to being more cautious with the ball. 17 INTs is not acceptable and unusual for him. Its like he came back determined to prove he was better than Cooper Rush.