If you swap the quarterbacks, Dallas wins comfortably

JustChip

Reaction score
LOL..........more genius QB analysis from the guy that has been dead wrong on Dak since day #1.

So Dak is regressing eh? Because we actually won a playoff game and he threw for 300 yards and 5 TD's while doing it?

Keep on trucking buddy. I look forward another offseason of making you look like the fool with the facts.
Dak had an outstanding TB game, but how much was due to Dak and how much was a poor TB defense. Two of those TDs, the first Schultz and the Lamb, were to wide open receivers because of blown coverages. The danger on those were a Jackie Smith type throw that ends up incomplete.

I figured Dak wouldn’t perform as well yesterday simply because of the difference in caliber of defense. My one concern was, though, his INT bug coming back.

Both INTs were unforced errors and the 2nd was an absolute killer. Late in the half, which has happened multiple times this year. Fans have clamored for deferring the opening kick just to set up what they had there. But Dak gave away the chance of going into the half with the lead and an opportunity to make it a 2 score game after the drive of the 2nd half.

Dak will obviously be here next year because if his contract. And I expect, much like Zeke the year he issues with fumbling, that Dak won’t next year. But if it’s the same next year, any reasonable person would be looking to exit the relationship.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Ok...I guess you've already reviewed the All-22. I'll wait for those who do the film study to confirm that.
You don't need the all 22. Just a functional set of eyes and some honesty

The PI call on the amazing catch by Lamb was a walk in TD if not horribly under thrown

He was wide open

Had Gallup deep too and threw short and behind him. It happened numerous times

DStar22

Reaction score
regressed in a week...crazy.

Facing that defense and with these weapons and this offense, Purdy would have got stomped.

Purdy also almosylt threw 2 or 3 picks himself...you nust have missed those.
its called very bad inconsistency and it is exactly what happened.

DStar22

Reaction score
Dak had an outstanding TB game, but how much was due to Dak and how much was a poor TB defense. Two of those TDs, the first Schultz and the Lamb, were to wide open receivers because of blown coverages. The danger on those were a Jackie Smith type throw that ends up incomplete.

I figured Dak wouldn’t perform as well yesterday simply because of the difference in caliber of defense. My one concern was, though, his INT bug coming back.

Both INTs were unforced errors and the 2nd was an absolute killer. Late in the half, which has happened multiple times this year. Fans have clamored for deferring the opening kick just to set up what they had there. But Dak gave away the chance of going into the half with the lead and an opportunity to make it a 2 score game after the drive of the 2nd half.

Dak will obviously be here next year because if his contract. And I expect, much like Zeke the year he issues with fumbling, that Dak won’t next year. But if it’s the same next year, any reasonable person would be looking to exit the relationship.
it was our OL, if Dak has ALL DAY back there , sure he can make some plays, but you dont GET all day against great defenses.

Dak cannot make good reads or decisions fast enough against a great defense.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There were Cowboys open all game. Dak just didn't make his reads. Go back and watch it. it had NOTHING to do with "better options" because they were OPEN.
Defenses know he is going to exclusively focus on CD or Schultz. It's not a mystery why they have multiple defenders in position to get the easy picks.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
This thread isn't true at all. What did Purdy do that was so amazing? I'm not sticking up for Dak because he played terrible but a huge chunk on this board think its so easy to get an elite quarterback. In my opinion the difference in this game was that Warren was able to intercepted a deflected pass and Diggs wasn't.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak is getting torn up by the media and its more technical this time. People are showing videos of his bad reads, where the open receivers were, his off target passes, etc.

This is probably eye opening to the pro-Dak part of the fanbase who thinks that nothing is ever Dak's fault. Some of those reads and passes yesterday were terrible.
It doesn't matter how many times it's shown in high definition where you can see every minute detail. They will NOT acknowledge the truth. He's done though and no amount of denial will change that.

DStar22

Reaction score
This thread isn't true at all. What did Purdy do that was so amazing? I'm not sticking up for Dak because he played terrible but a huge chunk on this board think its so easy to get an elite quarterback. In my opinion the difference in this game was that Warren was able to intercepted a deflected pass and Diggs wasn't.
what did purdy do that was so amazing? Purdy did not turn the ball over 2X in his own side of the field, Purdy read the defense and passed the ball with accuracy to the receivers IN STRIDE with accuracy TIME AND TIME AGAIN . PURDY AT THE BEGINNING HAD LESS time than DAK and our defense in first half SHUT DOWN THE RUN COLD.

that , is what PURDY DID and DAK DID NOT. IF DAK HAD we would have LIT THEM UP with 28 points! ALL the other great players we have AROUND DAK are a BANDAID for what really ails us.

I say this BECAUSE I care about this organization and want it to succeed. it is time to move on from Dak

khiladi

Reaction score
When you hold Deebo, McCaffrey, and Bosa in check you've done enough to win. Cowboys outplayed the 49ers for a majority of that game. I don't know how Dak keeps his status in that locker room.
The 49ers were averaging like 35 pts a game with Purdy. The defense holds them in check and yet, Purdy, a rookie who only started half the season, meaning didn’t even have a full training camp under his belt as the starter, didn’t fold like a deer in the headlights with pressure on his face all day.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is getting torn up by the media and its more technical this time. People are showing videos of his bad reads, where the open receivers were, his off target passes, etc.

This is probably eye opening to the pro-Dak part of the fanbase who thinks that nothing is ever Dak's fault. Some of those reads and passes yesterday were terrible.
Kurt Warner knew nothing about football apparently.

khiladi

Reaction score
Shanahan was actually pretty conservative with Purdy this game, but didn’t the stretch he made the calls for Purdy to have to make the throws. The inside slants he started throwing, DBs were well in position to make plays if the throws weren’t on the money.

khiladi

Reaction score
It looked like Washington b/c they have a SF like DL that can pressure with 4 guys. Hurts has a better chance b/c his OL is better and he can run away from pressure. Dak is slow ** and requires time in the pocket. The he doesn't get it, he sucks. No more tools in the bag.
Yep.. Dallas and Dak have been too against the blitz. This has been a poor indicator of Dak’s play, because the OL and Zeke stifle blitzes. Blitzed can be an indicator that teams aren’t getting pressure so they are forced to blitz. Selective blitzing on the other hand is a completely different situation.

jsb357

Reaction score
So what you are saying in this case is Jerry doesn't get what he pays for...

JustChip

Reaction score
He threw it in the ground instead if into coverage. He threw it out of bounds instead of into coverage. He made good decisions.

That dropped Diggs INT would’ve gone stat-wise against Purdy, but it wasn’t a bad decision or bad throw, it was a ball deflected at the line. Both of Dak’s INTs were bad decisions.

Some of Purdy’s success has been due to scheme and coaching. Moore did Dak no favors going empty backfield on 2nd and 2 on the pick before the half. I really thought they were going to run Dak on that play.

It’s time for Moore to go. But not just to replace him with another body, but a fresh scheme. A decade with essentially the same offense and it’s time to move on.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep.. Dallas and Dak have been too against the blitz. This has been a poor indicator of Dak’s play, because the OL and Zeke stifle blitzes. Blitzed can be an indicator that teams aren’t getting pressure so they are forced to blitz. Selective blitzing on the other hand is a completely different situation.
The Niners blitzed Hufanga a few times to great affect. But mostly, they were able to pressure him with 4. Thats Daks kryptonite as it is for most QBs that are reluctant to run.