If you're blaming Andy Dalton, you are blind

Darkhound

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has NEVER been under pressure like Dalton was last night. And the Cowboys as a team played terrible.
But Dalton played well under pressure, and moved the ball up and down the field on a regular basis.
The problem wasn't Dalton;
It was the Cowboys.

I think you are right. Dalton was under pressure all game! DAK would have done even worse

Doomsday101

Reaction score
On please?

English sir

Give it rest. "Oh Please", better? Does not change a damn thing of what I said. Fact is the same people who have been after Dak will now say oh no QB could have helped with that game. That is a load of crap and Dak would taken the blunt of the blame by people here had he performed as Dalton did.

Swagger

Reaction score
it was turnovers and he was part of that onslaught of ugly.. doesnt matter Dak or dalton etc Turnovers are the reason we are losing ..might as well put Nooch in, wont matter from here on out if they cant play cleaner games

there are many but turnovers are the one that we can not overcome FOUR!!

84 points came of Turnovers let that sink in... Tos and penalty's have made the defense look far worse then it is..period end of story they hand the game to the opponent in the first qtr. of nearly every game, seriously 14-17 PAG given to the opponent..

thats the issue..end of story

our defense may be bad but they aren't nearly as bad as the PPG make it appear..its not just points its momentum more possessions to cover for the defense and the Cork popped off the turnover genie bottle..

the entire premise to blame the defense as our issue when 84 of the points have come off turnovers, tons of short fields and extra possessions defensed its the primary issue..
I will also add that last night the defense was excellent until the turnover. Then that was all she wrote. It was like it sucked the juice out of them.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak haters made a choice to twist everything they could to make Dak look as bad as possible. Now they are making a choice to defend Dalton after a bad game.

Anyone who believes they were just being objective since Dak had improvement opportunities or thought they did this because Dak is set to be paid is blind as a bat.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will also add that last night the defense was excellent until the turnover. Then that was all she wrote. It was like it sucked the juice out of them.
of course down 14-0 out of the gate AGAIN because of Turnovers and that leads to more possessions which cause tired defense whom im not defending but they would be a lot better without having 84 extra points hung on them which causes them to be on the field a ton more..

erod

Reaction score
Dalton will be fine, and he'll play much better. That was a jailbreak, and it wouldn't have been any better with Dak.

But I'm not defending Dalton last night. That wasn't good. He didn't get a lick of help, but he also didn't make anything happen.

There literally wasn't one player who was good last night. Not one.

And that certainly includes Dalton.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dalton will be fine, and he'll play much better. That was a jailbreak, and it wouldn't have been any better with Dak.

But I'm not defending Dalton last night. That wasn't good. He didn't get a lick of help, but he also didn't make anything happen.

I agree...yet we are still top of the division!

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

:yourock::laugh:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has NEVER been under pressure like Dalton was last night. And the Cowboys as a team played terrible.
But Dalton played well under pressure, and moved the ball up and down the field on a regular basis.
It was the Cowboys.
The lie detector test determined that was a lie.

Dak won a playoff game behind one of the worst lines in the league in 2018. Shut up

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak haters made a choice to twist everything they could to make Dak look as bad as possible. Now they are making a choice to defend Dalton after a bad game.

Anyone who believes they were just being objective since Dak had improvement opportunities or thought they did this because Dak is set to be paid is blind as a bat.

1. Nobody should hold Dalton to the same standard as Dak. Dak wants almost 20% of our cap.

2. The first half had nothing to do with Dalton.

3. 2nd half he was horrible after the game unfolded on him poorly. He should've done better in empty calorie time like Dak and most NFL QB's do but the pressure was too much and guys were missing assignments.

Carson

Reaction score

Washington and Philly have a much better pass rush than Arizona. That’s what’s scary

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Give it rest. "Oh Please", better? Does not change a damn thing of what I said. Fact is the same people who have been after Dak will now say oh no QB could have helped with that game. That is a load of crap and Dak would taken the blunt of the blame by people here had he performed as Dalton did.
In NFL history, no team has won a game giving up 38 points, over 250 yards rushing, and committing 4 turnovers

This wouldve been true no matter if Dak played or not. Do with this information as you may

Swagger

Reaction score
I think last night was an early warning of what will happen when we make the play offs this season! :facepalm::muttley:

So just soak it in all in and don't get too excited when we beat Washington next week.

Creeper

Reaction score
It was the Cowboys.

I am going to agree with you to a certain extent. We cannot blame this loss on Dalton. There was clearly a difference between Dak and Dalton but Dalton wasn't the worst part of the Cowboys game. Again, he threw 54 times last night. That is too many passes. But they again had to get off their game plan because of two Zeke fumbles in the 1st quarter that led to Cards TDs. Then another blown coverage for an 80 yard TD.

Was Dalton perfect? No. Clearly he missed a few reads of the defense, he missed a few throws, and he made a few bad throws. The INT by Baker was a terrible decision. The other INT never should have stood as it was the most blatant case of PI we will see.

But there were also a few drops. The 2019 Michael Gallup showed up last night and let a TD pass go through his hands. He is an enigma. He catches balls you don't expect to be completed then he drops easy ones. Maybe if Gallup catches that TD pass and the INT is negated but the correct PI call the game is a little closer at that point.

I wasn't expecting much from Dalton last night and he played about as well as expected. Where he is not as good as Dak is with his feet. There were a few plays where Dak would have taken off with a lot of room to run, but then again, maybe Dak draws the defense up a little because of his threat to run and some deep passes open up.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dalton was not the problem but he does not have the arm strength to be a quality starter anymore. Dak is light years better then Andy. The defense played well until the fumbles. Then everything went downhill. The most concerning thing about this game is Zeke appears to be a shell of himself. Just like when we drafted Roy Williams at safety, the league has changed and Zeke appears to be a dinosaur. I better not hear about how great our offensive line is ever again. No team can win without their two starting tackles. Especially tackles as good as Tyron and Collins.
The game ended with this OL that played 3/4 of the game, Knight, Steele, McGovern, Biadasz, Williams. Beyond cohesion issues they are really inexperienced. That is good for down the road but for now protection schemes will be basic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was the Cowboys.

Yawn...…………………..another savage beating. Poor guy...……...I could see you so filled with rage last night defending your hero THE DEAD ROSTER!!!!!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It was the Cowboys.

Lol that was Dalton's first game against a sub-par defense and you think Dak has "never been pressured like that" before? You're a joke.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry but I have to agree with the OP. Dalton only missed a couple. Fumbles by the RB, dropped td passes and a blatant non-call PI undid everything Dalton was trying to do.

Dalton was 35 of 55. LOL He missed 20 and it was ugly. 2 picks, and another easy pick 6 called back. Tried to tell you trolls that Dalton couldn't handle pressure. Dak has had the same pressure all year long and he was absolutely killing it anyway. Dalton the statue just cant escape trouble.