If you're blaming Andy Dalton, you are blind

Swagger

Reaction score
Hell we could not get empty calories from Dalton. Look you will never admit Dak is a good QB, fact is Dak moved this team and Dalton failed to do so. I hope Dalton does a better job but the only blind people in here are those claiming Dak is a poor QB when most of the nation who covers the NFL know better. Lastnight showed how much offense will miss Dak and what he bring to the table. All I see from you is the same old agenda. Fine
The point you are missing is that Prescott isn't good enough to pay $40 million...and I would say the same to around 25-28 other starting quarterbacks in the league.

Last night showed that we have many holes to fill and we would be ill advised to pay a quarterback a huge sum behind a decimated O-Line supported by a poor defense. What's the point? It's not a winning recipe.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I feel pretty good about us having more points had Zeke not fumbled twice while we were driving, Gallup dropping an easy TD catch that hit him in both hands, and the ref ignoring clear PI.

Yes.. Dak is better than Dalton.. I've always said that.. But just because Dak pads stats when the game is out of hand and Dalton didn't last night doesn't mean Dak is some great QB now because he's not.

I don't put it all on Dalton but outside of short balls he never attacked deep. Fact is you will not makes the same excuses for Dak, you throw him under the bus and then say well Dalton had a bad call or Zeke fumble while both true Dalton could only manage 268 on 54 throws in the game. As for garbage time, getting the team with in 1 score with a chance to win is not garbage.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The point you are missing is that Prescott isn't good enough to pay $40 million...and I would say the same to around 25-28 other starting quarterbacks in the league.

Last night showed that we have many holes to fill and we would be ill advised to pay a quarterback a huge sum behind a decimated O-Line supported by a poor defense. What's the point? It's not a winning recipe.

No QB is, but it is the market value in the NFL. The point is finding a quality QB is no easy task, teams spend years looking for them. As most who cover and report on the subject say when you find one you get them signed.

Swagger

Reaction score
No QB is, but it is the market value in the NFL. The point is finding a quality QB is no easy task, teams spend years looking for them. As most who cover and report on the subject say when you find one you get them signed.
If there was no salary cap I would have no issue with Prescott earning $100 million a year and him being our starting QB. I'm not one of those people who hates sport superstars earning a truck load of money. Good on them - they are part of an elite group and I love watching them play.

But even you have to see that if we pay Dak then yes the QB position will be good and solid etc but what about the rest of the team!?

On that point it does make me question how on earth the Chiefs can afford to pay everyone, including Mahomes, and then bring in a running back like Bell!!! Maybe that's just how a well run organisation gets it done...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't put it all on Dalton but outside of short balls he never attacked deep. Fact is you will not makes the same excuses for Dak, you throw him under the bus and then say well Dalton had a bad call or Zeke fumble while both true Dalton could only manage 268 on 54 throws in the game. As for garbage time, getting the team with in 1 score with a chance to win is not garbage.

Catch up football is a thing in the NFL you will see it all the time.

Teams jumping out to huge leads and the other team making a comeback. That is nothing special.

Yes.. I hold Dak to a higher standard than I do Dalton because Dak wants almost 20% of our cap.. I hold Demarcus Lawrence to a higher standard than I do the backup Defensive end as well.

In the end I don't think Dak gets a better result.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott has NEVER been under pressure like Dalton was last night. And the Cowboys as a team played terrible.
But Dalton played well under pressure, and moved the ball up and down the field on a regular basis.
The problem wasn't Dalton;
It was the Cowboys.
lol, I knew this was coming. The two faces of the fan with an agenda …

It's a team thing regardless of the QB, but that doesn't fit an agenda, so let's not go there, right?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I must be blind because I blame him. I won't blame him 100% but I'll blame him more than Dak. The OL was always bad, Dak just knows how to scramble, the defense was just as bad as Dak's D, and the calls weren't ever called when Dak was playing either. So no, Andy Turd Dalton won't get a pass.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If there was no salary cap I would have no issue with Prescott earning $100 million a year and him being our starting QB. I'm not one of those people who hates sport superstars earning a truck load of money. Good on them - they are part of an elite group and I love watching them play.

But even you have to see that if we pay Dak then yes the QB position will be good and solid etc but what about the rest of the team!?

On that point it does make me question how on earth the Chiefs can afford to pay everyone, including Mahomes, and then bring in a running back like Bell!!! Maybe that's just how a well run organisation gets it done...

Other teams manage to get their QB signed I have no doubt the Cowboys can as well. With the new TV contract coming up there will be a substantial rise in the cap one they have the deal in place. I would also add these big deals within 2 years are no longer even top contracts as new FA come up and get more than what the guys today get.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I really think this site should be changed to DakZone because that’s all people talk about on here ;). I’ve seen some threads that have nothing to do with Dak somehow then get turned into a Dak thread. Some people think he can walk on water and some think he's no better than a high school QB.

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I was disappointed with Dalton last night. Even with a decimated Offensive line he missed some throws that I expected him to make.

The throw that was somehow not intercepted in the first quarter for a pick six was the worst throw I have seen all season and for a long time! I could not believe it but I did quite like Dalton's reaction as he couldn't believe it himself. To his credit he did throw the best pass I have seen this weekend when he had pressure coming from all angles, less room than in a phone box yet he threw an absolutely dart threw the middle to a spot he expected his receiver (Gallup in this instance) to take up. It was the classic "throw a guy open" type pass. It was exceptional. But the Red Rifle was inconsistent throughout and that was my disappointment even allowing for the state of the Offensive line.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Some posters on here pretty much guaranteed that this team would be way better with Dalton under center and said that the offense would be ran so much better with Dalton as the QB. Some even going as far to say that this team was now Dalton's team and that we needed to move on from Dak. Now that the team still put up an awful game with Dalton as the QB, some Dalton Supporters and Anti-Dak fans expect Dalton to get a free pass for how bad the game was, when they would never give Dak the leeway or forgiveness if the team lost in the exact same circumstances with him as the QB.

All of Dalton's mistakes and poor play when now be highlighted in large part due to how some in the Anti-Dak crowd was overly negative towards Dak. The Anti-Dak crowd wouldn't give Dak the excuses that are being given to Dalton right now.

This team has other issues and problems that the QB position alone won't be able to solve, last night's game wasn't solely Dalton's fault and this defense has a big part of the blame in why the Cowboys are so bad right now. However, when some want to praise Dalton as the savior and the answer for the Cowboys and when some declare that he is much better than Dak and that the Cowboys will be much better off with him over Dak, that is going to set up scenarios for Dalton now to face criticism, maybe more than he would have if some fans and NFL pundits didn't hype him up.

I'm wondering if the Dalton would have received this much hype going into a game had he been the back up for any other QB besides Dak. Dak would be expected to overcome the poor play of the other Cowboys players no matter what. Now some don't want Dalton to be blamed or criticized after they were one of the ones who acted like Dalton alone would be able to solve and fix all of the issues and problems that this team has. :facepalm:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Catch up football is a thing in the NFL you will see it all the time.

Teams jumping out to huge leads and the other team making a comeback. That is nothing special.

Yes.. I hold Dak to a higher standard than I do Dalton because Dak wants almost 20% of our cap.. I hold Demarcus Lawrence to a higher standard than I do the backup Defensive end as well.

In the end I don't think Dak gets a better result.

Except there was no comeback last night nothing even close to it, I would agree I don't want to continue doing the play from behind and I don't blame Dalton for that completely nor do I blame Dak completely as many here do. Dak wants market value as any player would

Carson

Reaction score
4.9 YPA
2 picks (should have been a 3rd and an easy pick 6)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has NEVER been under pressure like Dalton was last night. And the Cowboys as a team played terrible.
But Dalton played well under pressure, and moved the ball up and down the field on a regular basis.
It was the Cowboys.
Once again, I'm trying to help you not look so foolish.

20201020-013314.jpg

It would be wise to get informed and realize that Andy Dalton is simply not that good or capable of leading this team to any comeback wins where 30+ points is needed for a win, nowadays. Last year's QB Efficiency rating chart was very telling.

Swagger

Reaction score
It takes a special kind of stupid to think Dak or any other QB for that matter wouldve won that game yesterday
As inconsistent as the Red Rifle played last night and he had some bad moments, we wouldn't have won that game with a prime Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, you name it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It was the Cowboys.
it was turnovers and he was part of that onslaught of ugly.. doesnt matter Dak or dalton etc Turnovers are the reason we are losing ..might as well put Nooch in, wont matter from here on out if they cant play cleaner games

there are many but turnovers are the one that we can not overcome FOUR!!

84 points came of Turnovers let that sink in... Tos and penalty's have made the defense look far worse then it is..period end of story they hand the game to the opponent in the first qtr. of nearly every game, seriously 14-17 PAG given to the opponent..

thats the issue..end of story

our defense may be bad but they aren't nearly as bad as the PPG make it appear..its not just points its momentum more possessions to cover for the defense and the Cork popped off the turnover genie bottle..

the entire premise to blame the defense as our issue when 84 of the points have come off turnovers, tons of short fields and extra possessions defensed its the primary issue..