Informal Poll

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
A lot of gray areas in this question but if I had to answer in just yes or no my answer would be:

Yes on Wilcox... No on Parnell

honyock

Reaction score
yes, yes.

As others have said, Wilcox is still learning and should still be on an upwards trajectory. Parnell could be a quality starter, but I don't think it will be with the Cowboys. This may be his one chance for a good NFL payday and I'd imagine he'll want to test free agency. I'd expect he'll get some interest - big physical athletic RT who can slide to LT if needed, and who doesn't have a lot of tread on his tires. He may have someone give him more than the Cowboys are willing to pay.

RS12

Reaction score
No and no

Has nothing to do with dislike. I dont think Wilcox has the instincts to be a long term answer at safety. I think Parnell is as good as he is ever going to be, better than average run blocker and below average pass blocker.

Reaction score
Yes Yes

I'm starting to doubt Parnell though, love the physicality but the dude is coming along too slow. The limited full practices and backup role isn't helping him.

Wilcox flashes at times and I'm hoping the light comes on next year,,, though I admit I don't know coverages or exactly why the Cowboys secondary is so bad.

JBS

Reaction score
The answer is yes yes....and it's only yes to both of them bc you don't need significantly better players at those positions to be a championship caliber team...our oline is elite....Parnell is good enough to get the job done...get a strong pass rush and Wilcox will all of a sudden look much better...

Does that mean these guys are good? No it doesn't...it means they can get the job done w the rest of the players around them being better...

So pick your choice ...upgrade at RT and S or invest those dollars/picks into other positions...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes Yes

I'm starting to doubt Parnell though, love the physicality but the dude is coming along too slow. The limited full practices and backup role isn't helping him.

Wilcox flashes at times and I'm hoping the light comes on next year,,, though I admit I don't know coverages or exactly why the Cowboys secondary is so bad.

How so with Parnell? The team had less sacks per game and more yards per carry in the games he started. He must have been doing something right.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I like Church, but i dont think Church will get another deal in Dallas. He has one more yr after this one and he's a UFA. Go with the younger guy with a real FS next to him. And if youre talking about speed, JJ allowed guys who were in front of him to run right passed him all yr. So talking about Church's speed means nothing in a argument for JJ

I was just giving you a hard time and agree with you. JJ whiffed in coverage/tackling too and can take bad angles the same as Church. I love Church's leadership abilities tbh and feel he just missed the boat in that his speed would have been sufficient in previous generations to be an above avg starter.