Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Fleming would be a good signing. I'm OK to spend a little money on a swing OT considering what happens when Smith goes out.

I'm not too concerned with WR4. If they sign one of these guys, it would not be for much guaranteed $ and they may not even make the roster. We'll likely add one in the draft as well.

Now we need to address the FS position, DT, & LB depth.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who we sign in FA or draft in a month. Until the Clapper and his crew are dispatched we are
not going to win, period. The Clapper is an obstacle to winning.

Hey my Mom has a clapper. That's no obstacle to winning. It's hooked up to the light, helps illuminate the obstacles.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Brice tricked you guys into think he's a player because he caught 3 deep balls his career here lol.

Brice has a lot of talent but he couldn't have asked for a better situation than Dallas and even then, he didn't do a lot with the opportunity. Its a team with a dominant running game where he can be highlighted on deep throws. If Brice was all that he would have taken over the 2nd WR position, instead of had a good deep catch every third game or so.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Are you saying this was the reason he was traded? From what I read, he was expendable because they had four or five receivers they liked better (but I can't say I've read everything about his time with the Chargers). Coming off a 58-catch season, though, all they could get for him was a seventh.

I think it may have contributed to it. They put a 2nd round tender on him in 2017. Here is his Wiki only one blurb about it.

He officially signed his tender on April 25, 2017.[4] On May 20, 2017, it was revealed that Inman underwent core muscle surgery.[5]

Kaiser

Reaction score
Fleming would be a good signing. I'm OK to spend a little money on a swing OT considering what happens when Smith goes out.

I'm not too concerned with WR4. If they sign one of these guys, it would not be for much guaranteed $ and they may not even make the roster. We'll likely add one in the draft as well.

Now we need to address the FS position, DT, & LB depth.

Agree, and I think we add a FS but you have to consider Xavier Woods taking over the FS job and playing well. For a small college rookie who was thrown into the fire, he played very well.

IMO we have our WR4 and its Terrence Williams. Add in a WR like Ridley in the first or James Washington in the 2nd and TWill drops to WR4, where he actually would be a great fit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Brice has a lot of talent but he couldn't have asked for a better situation than Dallas and even then, he didn't do a lot with the opportunity. Its a team with a dominant running game where he can be highlighted on deep throws. If Brice was all that he would have taken over the 2nd WR position, instead of had a good deep catch every third game or so.
hes been better than Williams

LittleD

Reaction score
You might as well give up hope and not bother posting until Garrett is gone then. The rest of us will hang around and hold out hope. I would like Garrett to be replaced too, but they were very close in 2014 and 2016, so I'll just go on believing there is at least a chance.

It's fine if you hang around as you say. The Clapper has just one more year to get it right which he won't and then Jerry will have to clean house.
Next year, if we tank this year, will give us the top draft pick, clean up the cap balance sheet, get rid of the dead weight players on this team and offer a fresh start with new coaching leadership. There is a sweet fragrance that can only be obtained by cleaning and clearing the decks. It's way past time to take out and dump the trash.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Agree, and I think we add a FS but you have to consider Xavier Woods taking over the FS job and playing well. For a small college rookie who was thrown into the fire, he played very well.

IMO we have our WR4 and its Terrence Williams. Add in a WR like Ridley in the first or James Washington in the 2nd and TWill drops to WR4, where he actually would be a great fit.

I did like Woods, but not sure if he's ready. I like Tre Boston for that role if we are looking in FA. I do think we may be looking at OG/WR or vice versa in rounds 1 & 2.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it may have contributed to it. They put a 2nd round tender on him in 2017. Here is his Wiki only one blurb about it.

Thanks for sharing. I had not seen that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn't matter who we sign in FA or draft in a month. Until the Clapper and his crew are dispatched we are
not going to win, period. The Clapper is an obstacle to winning.

This is the awful truth of it all.

You could like up All-Pro's across the field and even if the team did make the playoffs, they'd be outcoached by whatever coach they played there and all the talent in the world wouldn't be enough to overcome it.

Last edited:

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
"The Dallas Cowboys are the only team not to have signed an unrestricted free agent now that the Pittsburgh Steelers signed linebacker Jon Bosticon Sunday."

A dubious distinction.

While it's nice to read that they may have awoken from their winter hibernation, I'm surprised that there's no mention of safety or linebacker.

I’m convinced the FO wants to trade up for Derwin James if he makes it out of the top 10

mugsybows

Reaction score
You just have to LOL at this quote:“Obviously it didn't work out for us, and we missed,” executive vice president Stephen Jones said at the NFL scouting combine. “You certainly want to be better. That's one thing I admire about Will and our staff, is certainly since it didn't work -- why not? And how are we going to fix it?”

i need to save this. i guarantee stephen says the same thing next year.