Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This article says nothing that people here haven't been saying lol. Its hardly news worthy. Dez wasn't good last year and he didn't do many things good last year...ok? lol.

Every team has that "source". No one even knows if any of this stuff is even true.

Unnamed or not... It came from an insider and, at least to me, that's YUGE.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The benefit of releasing Dez is he’ll be able to at least contend for a ring. Because the way our Team is run by the baffoons who consume Johnny Walker Blue, it ain’t happening anytime soon.

But at least we’re entertaining!
:lmao:
'copy' :rolleyes:

Thanks for that update ,hot off the press from the " A-HOLE REPORT"
o_O

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Unnamed or not... It came from an insider and, at least to me, that's YUGE.

What did the insider actually say though? Dez wasn't very good last year......alright? Stephen wants him to take a pay cut or leave. Jerry wants him to stay......

irving

Reaction score
Dez regressed even with Romo in 2015 starting right in training camp fighting and dealing with a hamstring. He dropped a 3rd down pass in the red zone in week 1, got dehydrated leaving the game only to reenter and break his foot.

Dez stunk with Cassel when he returned from injury. When Romo got back, he and Dez miscommunicated on a blitz and caused an interception in red zone. Dez got a taunting penalty after Williams scored a TD right before half, forcing us to push the kick off back and giving the Dolphins good starting field position. They got a FG out of it.

Then he stunk against Carolina arguing with Norman and dropping a TD pass before Romo got injured again.
Thanks for posting this, some fans now seem to want to re -write history when it comes to Dez. Dez has never been a disciplined route runner. How many times did we see him and Romo fail to be on the same page, with Romo throwing a interception due to the mix up. I’m sure Romo supporters were more than willing to blame Dez then. Sure Dak has to play better, but his better play is not going to make Dez something he never was, that being a polished complete NFL receiver.

GenoT

Reaction score
his performance the last three years is etched in stoned. clearly a receiver with diminishing skills. I have always found the tantrums disturbing. mull. cull. move on.

Pre-2015: QB named Romo

2015: QBs named Weeden, Cassell and Moore
2016: Rookie QB
2017: 2nd-yr QB who regressed slightly

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Man some of you all's thoughts on Dez seem to agree with whatever the narrative is on him on any given day. Positive article comes out, you agree with it. A "staffer's" opinion leaks and it's, "I KNEW IT!" Mind you, this comes from Albert Breer. I'm still waiting on the Walmart video.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
He might have cognitive and developmental problems being a crack baby. Speaking of baby, had he never had sideline tantrums he'd maybe still be in the Jones' good graces.
:rolleyes:
Oh,,,me laddie! yer' likability levels lengthingly lower per the progressing of each day,o_O

*why,gimme,,,,
WHY?:(

black label

Reaction score

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, some fans now seem to want to re -write history when it comes to Dez. Dez has never been a disciplined route runner. How many times did we see him and Romo fail to be on the same page, with Romo throwing a interception due to the mix up. I’m sure Romo supporters were more than willing to blame Dez then. Sure Dak has to play better, but his better play is not going to make Dez something he never was, that being a polished complete NFL receiver.
They just don’t want to admit Dez plays a part in his regression. Even Dez admits he hasn’t been the same.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
No idea what you're talking about. I asked a rather simple question.
You previously stated that the WRs were below average in 2017. And now you're saying numbers don't lie.

Well, in 2017 Dak's attempts and INTs went up. That's really about it. He passed 20 yards per game less in 2017 than 2016. Maybe if Dez didn't drop balls and fumble his production may have been above average.
Same TDs passing and rushing.
So when some fans spew out things like he's inaccurate, but don't present a case I have to ask questions. And now you're comparing him to David Carr when he's only had two seasons to play just demonstrates that you have no real interest in facts and the truth. Your mind is made up.
Hey man ! It was the overwhelming general consensus ( and common knowledge )last 'off season' going into 2017 around here that , #4 without a doubt would fire off more interceptions than in his rookie debut,,, concurring with that was easy,,,but SEEING IT GOING DOWN was a bit more than some could handle:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, no reason to go by what actually occurred on the field. It’s not favorable to the protected players.

We don’t want to come up with any excuses for the non protected players like Cassel who got thrust into a new system mid-year and the had to try to develop chemistry with Dez. Then Romo comes back for a couple games and Cassel is thrown back in yet again after Romo gets injured for the 2nd time. And he has to play with an injured Dez.

Nope, he is the reason Dez sucks.

Lol...nope there's no reason to go by a couple games and try to project out the other 14, that's dumb. A better measure is what actually happened when they played together, 3 consecutive seasons as proof, not 2 games.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
maybe JJ is the one leaking.....best way to control the story.
I doubt it. If there is anything I learned over the years about JJ is that he is a players guy. He gets really attached to players.

Dre11

Reaction score
They just don’t want to admit Dez plays a part in his regression. Even Dez admits he hasn’t been the same.

Who has said that? Everybody here has said Dez struggled and that some of that is on the qb, where every wr struggled and the offense as a whole struggled. You're making ish up.

Proof

Reaction score
Yes other things can occur, too. He didn’t win as many of the physical battles he used to win in the past and he dropped more balls than he normal did in the past. They can all contribute.

Agreed

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Who has said that? Everybody here has said Dez struggled and that some of that is on the qb, where every wr struggled and the offense as a whole struggled. You're making ish up.
Then why are you arguing?

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah, no reason to go by what actually occurred on the field. It’s not favorable to the protected players.

We don’t want to come up with any excuses for the non protected players like Cassel who got thrust into a new system mid-year and the had to try to develop chemistry with Dez. Then Romo comes back for a couple games and Cassel is thrown back in yet again after Romo gets injured for the 2nd time. And he has to play with an injured Dez.

Nope, he is the reason Dez sucks.

I mean cmon man. What are you doing. Cassel sucks, does suck, has sucked. Did he have additional compounding issues here that magnified his sucking? Sure. But the bottom line is he sucks in general so there’s no benefit of the doubt. Dez has been great. He had a big regression and fall from grace when he got hurt, lost his qb and when a new qb that plays a game not to his strengths got the job. It’s very easy to point to contributing factors and form an opinion right or wrong.

Here’s my ultimate take, Dez actual decline coincided with his poor set of circumstances. I think at this point he’s not the same guy, but 1-2 yrs ago he still was, but the injuries and qb play were too much to overcome, and while that was going on age, injury, pressure etc all set in and last year was his chance to prove everyone wrong but everything caught up to him at once, and here we are.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lol...nope there's no reason to go by a couple games and try to project out the other 14, that's dumb. A better measure is what actually happened when they played together, 3 consecutive seasons as proof, not 2 games.
Of course not. It doesn't fit the narrative it was the QB's fault except Romo.