Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo's and Dez's 2015 numbers:

New York - 5 receptions, 7 targets, 48 yards (+dropped 3rd down conversion in red zone)
Miami - 4 receptions, 9 targets 45 yards, 1 td (+ miscommunication causing interception in red zone)
Carolina - 2 receptions, 6 targets, 26 yards (+dropped TD pass, and failure to attempt to prevent pick 6)

Total 11 receptions, 22 targets, 119 yards, 1 TD

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dez haters are the fans who act like he's never been good, is incapable of being good, have nothing but negative things to say about him as a player, as a man, who'd rather kick him while he's down and those of us who are fans of his and believe he can still contribute to the team in a meaningful way. He's overpaid, he's been overpaid, and even if he rounds back into form it's likely too little too later given the amount of money he's been paid over the past few years, but the vitriol from our fans is just wild.
Oh ok.... Well it's refreshing to know that I don't fit into your little box.

Patrick

Reaction score
I try to stay out of the whole Dez debate. But it's the offseason and i'm bored.

I love Dez, but eventually the best have to leave, Modano left Dallas and went to a rival in Detroit. It was just time to move on even if it was hard to accept. Now I feel like it may be time to do the same with Dez. The reason? We are a run first team, and we don't need a true #1 receiver who is only good at one thing, going up and get it. We moved on from Romo & Murray so why not make a change with WR who doesn't fit us. Dak needs quick players who can run a route, get him guys who can do that, the sooner you do the quicker they can build some chemistry.

But... if Dez stays (which I am hoping for, at least one more season) put him in the slot, like Fitzgerald, teach him routes to get him the ball and let him go to work, he's still a beast when he gets the ball in open field.

There's two sides to every story, if only people were more apt to listen and not just throw away opinions they don't agree with.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
heres-not-there-walking.jpg
That's my dude.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh:eek:
Yeah. You strike me as someone who clearly has zero understanding of my history on this board defending Dez. You must have migrated from elsewhere. Use the search function. I don't fit into his box.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Oh,,,me laddie! yer' likability levels lengthingly lower per the progressing of each day,o_O

*why,gimme,,,,
WHY?:(
It is the rebel in me. The lone wolf. The world-wise grimace in me and within me as I scan the horizon on the cold Atlantic. If not me, another lout with no class would take me place. So love me and don't forsake me.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It is the rebel in me. The lone wolf. The world-wise grimace in me and within me as I scan the horizon on the cold Atlantic. If not me, another lout with no class would take me place. So love me and don't forsake me.
:lmao:
Darn it all,,,," Lout" was a totally worthy word of the 'L' casing-liner I'd employed ,yet it escaped my spur of the moment grasping of assembly in presented correspondence,,,, aye! me artfully poignant laddie ,for the life quenching cold that roams that north Atlantic white capped blue waters neath grey horizons are the end of many a meno_O

Enjoy them there biscuits with the missus AMIGO:thumbup:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yer' beautiful, baby!:)

* and damn ner' too funny:lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Got proven right. Ironically, Dez proved many of us wrong regarding the off the field stuff. He has been somewhat of a headache, but nothing like many thought. Its the on the field shortcomings that have now been solidified with what has come out from Josh Norman and the turmoil over him within the organization.

The poor route running has really shown up. Dez could really have been one of the greatest of all time with his talent. This is the huge difference between a WR like Rice and Dez. One guy has all the talent in the world and a poor worth ethic. And the other guy has talent, but the will to be the best and be a professional.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Got proven right. Ironically, Dez proved many of us wrong regarding the off the field stuff. He has been somewhat of a headache, but nothing like many thought. Its the on the field shortcomings that have now been solidified with what has come out from Josh Norman and the turmoil over him within the organization.

The poor route running has really shown up. Dez could really have been one of the greatest of all time with his talent. This is the huge difference between a WR like Rice and Dez. One guy has all the talent in the world and a poor worth ethic. And the other guy has talent, but the will to be the best and be a professional.
What has come out from josh Norman?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What has come out from josh Norman?

In a nut shell, he basically said that Dez is good but he could be a lot better. And that he has the talent, but doesnt have it upstairs. And now it seems he is finally hiring a coach to get him better at his craft.

Pretty much what many have said. He runs poor routes and is a mental midget. Mentally and professionally he is lacking. Now he said none of this straight out, but you wanted to know in summary.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nothing at all. This is just another Dez doubter/hater thread.

So you have read nothing about Norman or you are just in denial about what he meant? After everything that has happened and been said about Dez this year, you still deny there are big issues?