Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't know if we will move on from Dez or not, but in my opinion we should do it. Dez is not only a player who is underperforming his position group, and underperforming his contract, but he is also problematic as a player on our roster for many reasons.

The Cowboys don't have to make the decision now, and quite honestly it puts more pressure on Dez the longer they wait to decide what to do.

It is clear that the team is evaluating the situation in depth and is really weighing its options regarding Dez. It's not a certainty that he isn't a Cowboy next year by a long shot, but fans who think Dez has a 100 percent chance of returning for the 2018 season (or anything close to 100 percent) are really fooling themselves and are in complete denial.

It is NOT likely that the Cowboys will approach Dez about taking a pay cut and simply let it go if Dez tells them to take a hike. If the team even TALKS to Dez about a pay cut certain dominoes are already set to fall if the team doesnt get any cooperation .....if the team has any clue what they are doing.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That’s my point, why the hell are you talking about a play in 2015 as some sort of example of him declining.

Well, why don't you follow along in the conversation? It will be explained. Just go read.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I said Dak regressed when Romo left and yes, those numbers don't lie. Look at 2014 compared to 2017 and tell me you don't see the difference? Dez played fulls seasons on both of those years, one with Romo and one with Dak. The numbers are drastically different.
26 year old Dez vs 29 year old Dez.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Dak was not garbage but his accuracy was off enough that instead of catching and running or catching in stride a very large percentage of his passes made the receiver stop and adjust to catch which in the NFL is all that is needed for the defense to catch up. This teams receivers are not quick start stop guys so making them stop because of a "slightly off target" ball does not help them. So completion percentage does not show how his receivers caught the ball but were tackled immediately because they needed to stop turn around, contort, go to a knee, or whatever to catch the ball.
Well with how Stephen keeps talking about route running and being where they are supposed to be, we know who the team thinks caused Dak's so-called inaccuracy.

Verdict

Reaction score
Can't cut Dez without someone to replace him and I doubt its Hurns.

We are good to cut him. Almost any NFL player who isn't in a wheel chair can replicate what Dez currently brings to the table. It's easy peasy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is any WR they take at 19, isn't going to be that true #1 type WR like a Bryant before he got hurt or a Julio Jones. You are looking at guys like Moore or Ridley, who likely have ceilings below that of true, elite WRs.

This is not the best year to be in the market for a legit, top shelf WR.
Ridley is a faster version of Antonio Brown...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's giving them too much credit.

It was popular thinking that they were responsible for this alleged video of Dez that just happened to "surface" when his contract was up, how did that work out for them?
No, I would love it if there was any substance to the report but 1 critical sentence from an unnamed source with no context is worthless.

rpntex

Reaction score
DJ, Ridley or Sutton would be fine. Bye headcase.

Sutton is the only one of those three who is projected to be a potential #1 receiver,And even that projection is two or three years down the road. Broaddus, Helman, and others have all said repeatedly that both Moore and Ridley will be outstanding 2s.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well with how Stephen keeps talking about route running and being where they are supposed to be, we know who the team thinks caused Dak's so-called inaccuracy.
But Dez was not the only person that had to "adjust" to throws to them.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I read it, it’s not explained

He claimed Dez didn't taper off until Romo wasn't his QB anymore. I said his decline started in 2015 even with Romo as the QB. That's why I went back to 2015.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I said Dak regressed when Romo left and yes, those numbers don't lie. Look at 2014 compared to 2017 and tell me you don't see the difference? Dez played fulls seasons on both of those years, one with Romo and one with Dak. The numbers are drastically different.
Right. Dez was an elite WR in 2014. He's not 4 seasons after. It happens.

conner01

Reaction score
We really needed one more dez thread
Bottom line if you cut dez you can’t rebuild the defense through the draft
We don’t have a real starting left guard, you cut dez and two of your top 3 picks are going to offense

Sydla

Reaction score
Ridley is a faster version of Antonio Brown...

Good. Then we can find our next great WR in the 6th round like Brown was.

There's nothing funnier than taking a college kid and immediately projecting him as good as someone in the NFL simply because they have similar builds, etc.

If you read much of the scouting on Ridley, many project him as a really good #2, possibly slot style WR. He's not in the mold of an AJ Green, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Mike Evans coming out of college......... guys who are true #1 WRs.

Brown was an anomaly.

Sydla

Reaction score
We really needed one more dez thread
Bottom line if you cut dez you can’t rebuild the defense through the draft
We don’t have a real starting left guard, you cut dez and two of your top 3 picks are going to offense

And those same people *****ing here will be back *****ing that we don't have enough talent on defense.