Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

jrumann59

Reaction score
He’s “aging”.

Yeah all of 28 years old.. Not even old in WR years..

The top 3 things wrong with Dez the last 3 years.

1. The QB

2. Injuries.

3. Scheme

Daks a good player but he’s not making anyone better in the pass game besides Beasley.

He could not even do that last year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You mean that 3rd down pass that was contested in week 1 against the giants, he came back fro his injury faster than expected and re-injured the foot that required off-season surgery again. He is right though he should have never played hurt or injured. Especially when your starting QB is out...

No, the wide open pass on 3rd down which he dropped that would have set us up in a 1st and goal situation on the 3rd drive of the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You understand that we are called Dak haters because we don't crown him the savior of the cowboys and hold him responsible for his abysmal performance last season. Dez regressed once Romo left for good, take it how you want it, but numbers don't lie.

Dak doesn't work towards Dez's strengths as a receiver, so Dez is now working on making his routes more crisp. If they get rid of him, cool, it won't make us better by adding some newbie rookie in his place though unless we're drafting the second coming of Julio Jones and it still doesn't account for why every receiver's performance dropped drastically or why Dak can't throw accurately over 10 yards. Dude is the second coming of David Carr with a weaker arm and maybe he should put down the blunt and start hitting the weights before he goes down as the next Quincy Carter.
No idea what you're talking about. I asked a rather simple question.
You previously stated that the WRs were below average in 2017. And now you're saying numbers don't lie.

Well, in 2017 Dak's attempts and INTs went up. That's really about it. He passed 20 yards per game less in 2017 than 2016. Maybe if Dez didn't drop balls and fumble his production may have been above average.
Same TDs passing and rushing.
So when some fans spew out things like he's inaccurate, but don't present a case I have to ask questions. And now you're comparing him to David Carr when he's only had two seasons to play just demonstrates that you have no real interest in facts and the truth. Your mind is made up.

kento40

Reaction score
Dez regressed even with Romo in 2015 starting right in training camp fighting and dealing with a hamstring. He dropped a 3rd down pass in the red zone in week 1, got dehydrated leaving the game only to reenter and break his foot.

Dez stunk with Cassel when he returned from injury. When Romo got back, he and Dez miscommunicated on a blitz and caused an interception in red zone. Dez got a taunting penalty after Williams scored a TD right before half, forcing us to push the kick off back and giving the Dolphins good starting field position. They got a FG out of it.

Then he stunk against Carolina arguing with Norman and dropping a TD pass before Romo got injured again.

Dez played most of 2015 injured and actually missed 7 games. Yet still he had 31 receptions, 401 yards and a 12.9 yards per catch average, again, while playing injured and missing 7 whole games.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The walls are starting to crumble from the inside for ol Dez. Got staffers diming him out from the inside... I already knew his antics were wearing on the "team". It's blatantly obvious. The sooner he's gone the better.

Y'all keep sitting back & thinking WR isn't top priority in the draft. I'll keep munching on this movie theater butter popcorn.

http://insidethestar.com/cowboys-staffer-critical-of-dez-bryants-game/
Are you teasing or are you like all of the sudden turning on this dude for real like he hasn’t been the only one with passion on the entire team

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dez played most of 2015 injured and actually missed 7 games. Yet still he had 31 receptions, 401 yards and a 12.9 yards per catch average, again, while playing injured and missing 7 whole games.

yeah, did those mistakes I listed not occur? Let's not act like they didn't start with Romo and it's just the other QB's fault.

kento40

Reaction score
You mean that 3rd down pass that was contested in week 1 against the giants, he came back fro his injury faster than expected and re-injured the foot that required off-season surgery again. He is right though he should have never played hurt or injured. Especially when your starting QB is out...

Of course he's pulling skewed stats. Won't use Dez's 2014 numbers though. Doesn't fit his narrative.

kento40

Reaction score
yeah, did those mistakes I listed not occur? Let's not act like they didn't start with Romo and it's just the other QB's fault.

you do know he played with a backup, a horrible backup mind you, for most of that season after rushing back from a broken foot. Dak was completely healthy in 2017, why was he so garbage?

kento40

Reaction score
No idea what you're talking about. I asked a rather simple question.
You previously stated that the WRs were below average in 2017. And now you're saying numbers don't lie.

Well, in 2017 Dak's attempts and INTs went up. That's really about it. He passed 20 yards per game less in 2017 than 2016. Maybe if Dez didn't drop balls and fumble his production may have been above average.
Same TDs passing and rushing.
So when some fans spew out things like he's inaccurate, but don't present a case I have to ask questions. And now you're comparing him to David Carr when he's only had two seasons to play just demonstrates that you have no real interest in facts and the truth. Your mind is made up.

I said Dak regressed when Romo left and yes, those numbers don't lie. Look at 2014 compared to 2017 and tell me you don't see the difference? Dez played fulls seasons on both of those years, one with Romo and one with Dak. The numbers are drastically different.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
you do know he played with a backup, a horrible backup mind you, for most of that season after rushing back from a broken foot. Dak was completely healthy in 2017, why was he so garbage?

Yes , I am keenly aware of who was the QB. As a matter of fact, I am the poster who has to remind other posters he wasn't really playing with Weeden, Cassel, and Moore. He was actually playing with Cassel, Romo and Moore (for only about a half of football).

You tried to make a point Dez didn't decline until Romo wasn't the QB and I have pointed out he declined in 2015 even with Romo. I know he also sucked with Cassel, too.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He could not even do that last year.
Every receiver who saw a significant amount of targets underachieved last year. The typical Dak supporter immediately stresses that the issue is all the WRs. You notice a trend this offseason from "fans?" Dez is a bum and needs to be cut. Beasely is on the fence and Switz should take his job. We needed to replace Butler and Williams and at least we went 1 for 2 there.

Meanwhile...Dak needs a first round offensive lineman or wide receiver because he just has no chance with current personnel or something.

Dre11

Reaction score
No, the wide open pass on 3rd down which he dropped that would have set us up in a 1st and goal situation on the 3rd drive of the game.

Oh but that monster td vs the cardinals don’t matter? We can do this all day, I bet I can find way more positive plays by Dez than you can find bad ones.:thumbup:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Oh but that monster td vs the cardinals don’t matter? We can do this all day, I bet I can find way more positive plays by Dez than you can find bad ones.:thumbup:

Dude, not even sure why bother. First, we didn't play Arizona in 2015. Second, I have already given credit to Bryant for that effort play in this thread or the other Bryant thread.

You sure you want to play this game?

kento40

Reaction score
Every receiver who saw a significant amount of targets underachieved last year. The issue is all the WRs. You notice a trend this offseason from "fans?" Dez is a bum and needs to be cut. Beasely is on the fence and Switz should take his job. We needed to replace Butler and Williams and at least we went 1 for there.

Meanwhile...Dak needs a first round offensive lineman or wide receiver because he just has no chance with current personnel or something.

So Dak needs a perfect O-line and three all pro receivers to be successful? Damn, who was that other guy who lost the best LT in the league at the beginning of the season and his starting RB and still dominated? I know he plays for one of our rivals, but his name escapes me.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Dez and I know he has struggled mightily but would like to see him leave if makes these threads stop...

It won’t, they will get worse one way or the other...
So a team should get worse so we can have threads to stop? Lol.

Just have a Dez Zone, even if temporary.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dak was not garbage but his accuracy was off enough that instead of catching and running or catching in stride a very large percentage of his passes made the receiver stop and adjust to catch which in the NFL is all that is needed for the defense to catch up. This teams receivers are not quick start stop guys so making them stop because of a "slightly off target" ball does not help them. So completion percentage does not show how his receivers caught the ball but were tackled immediately because they needed to stop turn around, contort, go to a knee, or whatever to catch the ball.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dude, not even sure why bother. First, we didn't play Arizona in 2015. Second, I have already given credit to Bryant for that effort play in this thread or the other Bryant thread.

You sure you want to play this game?

That’s my point, why the hell are you talking about a play in 2015 as some sort of example of him declining.