Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good. Then we can find our next great WR in the 6th round like Brown was.

There's nothing funnier than taking a college kid and immediately projecting him as good as someone in the NFL simply because they have similar builds, etc.

The only thing funnier is claiming a player's upside is limited despite many top NFL players in history having less size/athleticism/intelligence.

Dre11

Reaction score
He claimed Dez didn't taper off until Romo wasn't his QB anymore. I said his decline started in 2015 even with Romo as the QB. That's why I went back to 2015.

Again, 1 freaking play in 2015 with Tony Romo who only played 2 weeks that season wasn’t any sign of decline. ...lol

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I always love the “unidentified” or anonymous staff member. That could be the ball boy or the hot dog vendor for all we know.

If you have the balls to say it - put your name on it.:starspin:
Alright alright.... I'll admit it was me.

i6j4s8L.jpg

Aven8

Reaction score
Well good to know what I've been preaching about all season. The offense is terrible, but the eyes don't lie folks.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Meh, it doesn't matter. It Dez doesn't tighten up this year most likely he will be cut. I don't think there is WR in this draft that is projected anywhere close to Dez.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Again, 1 freaking play in 2015 with Tony Romo who only played 2 weeks that season wasn’t any sign of decline. ...lol
started in training camp, bled into week 1, continued when Romo returned against Dolphins and Panthers. Same story, different QBs, including Romo.

Sydla

Reaction score
The only thing funnier is claiming a player's upside is limited despite many top NFL players in history having less size/athleticism/intelligence.

The number of guys that size going on to be elite WRs is significantly smaller than those that don't.

It's not about denying something could happen, it's about playing the odds. If people think it's OK to cut Dez because Ridley will become an elite WR, I think that's a risky assumption. In other words, if you think Ridley will be an elite, #1 type WR and that's why you want him at 19, that's risky IMO because I think the odds are against him that he's that good.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Are you teasing or are you like all of the sudden turning on this dude for real like he hasn’t been the only one with passion on the entire team
I'll say it one more time.

I was once arguably the biggest Dez supporter on this board. Check the history. It's there.

I've always loved his passion quite frankly but in the past few years the act has worn on me. I'm trying to see a Super Bowl. When one of the biggest potential leadership pieces on your team is throwing regular temper tantrums while severly regressing in the area of performance, it's time to call it what it is. These young guys (Dak, Zeke, La'el, etc etc) feed off of that leadership. Temper tantrums don't equate to transformational leadership. There's nothing in Dez's wheel house to feed off of any more. It's time for him to go.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think Antonio Brown is actually faster than Ridley, yes his combine time was slower than Ridley's but do think he is actually slower.
On fileld speed is similar with Ridley likely a tiny bit faster in a straight line.

The speed out of cuts and the radius of cuts is where Brown makes his money.

The video of Garrett coaching Sutton at the SMU pro-day was a good example of cuts. Garrett said his cut radius was 4 to 5 yards but needs to be 3 or 2.5 yards.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I'll say it one more time.

I was once arguably the biggest Dez supporter on this board. Check the history. It's there.

I've always loved his passion quite frankly but in the past few years the act has worn on me. I'm trying to see a Super Bowl. When one of the biggest potential leadership pieces on your team is throwing regular temper tantrums while severly regressing in the area of performance, it's time to call it what it is. These young guys (Dak, Zeke, La'el, etc etc) feed off of that leadership. Temper tantrums don't equate to transformational leadership. There's nothing in Dez's wheel house to feed off of any more. It's time for him to go.
Things don’t have to be so black and white. You can be frustrated but hope for improvement. It’s
Not dezs fault he’s charismatic and handsome or whatever that makes everyone watch his every move.

Give me Dez Bryant on my team, I can win with him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The number of guys that size going on to be elite WRs is significantly smaller than those that don't.

It's not about denying something could happen, it's about playing the odds. If people think it's OK to cut Dez because Ridley will become an elite WR, I think that's a risky assumption.

No, not if you referring to Ridley. There are several studies of WRs historically. WRs at 5-11, 190 were within the Bell Curve. That's NFL weight, not draft weight. Ridley is 6-0, 189. He'll probably gain 2+ pounds of muscle in an NFL weight lifting program.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
So what are all you Dez haters going to do after the draft and no WR is taken unless it’s a late round selection.

Take that WR and act as if he is the next Darius Jackson and a anoint him even though is isn’t all that good.
Start a million threads of how Dez will be traded or cut before the season starts?

:popcorn:
This Dez hate is ***** ridiculous. It's like somebody informed them hate this guy.because how can
We are good to cut him. Almost any NFL player who isn't in a wheel chair can replicate what Dez currently brings to the table. It's easy peasy.
Says somebody whom has never played anything in their entire life but footsies man gtfohwtbs u sound like a chump, Dez is better than any receiver on the roster, but yet u hear no talks on getting rid of them& then acting as if somehow ur better than getting rid of talent. Why no get rid of Witten threads or get rid of Tyrone Crawford threads?! Aye man a man with no athletic bones in his body should be the last person talking about a person that does. U& I know u can't do ish but talk about athletes that can.