Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Sydla

Reaction score
I just wish they would budge a little. It's not really that hard to admit this Dez stuff may actually have some solid legs to stand on.

I've already admitted numerous times that Dak has plenty of room to improve but I'm riding him until at least the end of year 3. Year 1 was no fluke.

What solid legs?

I think just about everyone admits the Cowboys will want to restructure or get him to take a pay cut. That’s pretty obvious at this point.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, not if you referring to Ridley. There are several studies of WRs historically. WRs at 5-11, 190 were within the Bell Curve. That's NFL weight, not draft weight. Ridley is 6-0, 189. He'll probably gain 2+ pounds of muscle in an NFL weight lifting program.

What?

So you deny that there are far more failures of WRs at that size than successes?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
What solid legs?

I think just about everyone admits the Cowboys will want to restructure or get him to take a pay cut. That’s pretty obvious at this point.
Roger that sire. Time will surely tell... :popcorn:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't know if we will move on from Dez or not, but in my opinion we should do it. Dez is not only a player who is underperforming his position group, and underperforming his contract, but he is also problematic as a player on our roster for many reasons.

The Cowboys don't have to make the decision now, and quite honestly it puts more pressure on Dez the longer they wait to decide what to do.

It is clear that the team is evaluating the situation in depth and is really weighing its options regarding Dez. It's not a certainty that he isn't a Cowboy next year by a long shot, but fans who think Dez has a 100 percent chance of returning for the 2018 season (or anything close to 100 percent) are really fooling themselves and are in complete denial.

It is NOT likely that the Cowboys will approach Dez about taking a pay cut and simply let it go if Dez tells them to take a hike. If the team even TALKS to Dez about a pay cut certain dominoes are already set to fall if the team doesnt get any cooperation .....if the team has any clue what they are doing.
:clap:Conciliatory mood huh? (lol) But I certainly with last part of your post that there are a few more moving parts to a solution. IMO too much damage is done...

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is Albert Breer's notes on his MMBQ column as they pertain to Dez.........

FOUR DOWNS
1. Dez Bryant’s future in Dallas. There’s no delicate way to put it: It’s a good thing that Bryant has two very powerful sponsors in the Cowboys’ facility in owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett. Because based on where the staff sees him right now, justifying the $12.5 million he’s due this fall (and the $16.5 million cap number he carries) has gotten difficult for the team. Maybe they’ll be able to compromise.

The truth is: This is where things have been going for a while. Cowboys coaches started seeing Bryant’s overwhelming physical gifts start to slip all the way back in 2015, the injury-plagued first season of his five-year, $70 million second contract. And that hasn’t reversed itself. Three years later, at the point in his career when some players reinvent themselves by becoming craftier, Bryant’s struggle to adjust to playing at a different speed has disappointed the team. He can’t run by anyone anymore. He lacks explosion, evident in the loss of inches off his vertical. He’s still inconsistent as a route-runner. He’s hard to count on for Dak Prescott. And as some there see it, he’s not doing enough to counteract all of that.

“Based on last year,” one staffer says, “he does very few things really well.” So now, the challenge is on Bryant to do what Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald and, at a different position, his own teammate, Jason Witten, have pulled off: combat Father Time with the kind of hard work that generates a second NFL life. The Cowboys’ failure to land Sammy Watkins probably saved Bryant’s place on the roster, and it’s not crazy to think it could still be in jeopardy. That much is up to Jones and, to some extent, Garrett. They’ve both believed in Bryant when others didn’t. It seems like it’s time for him to repay that faith.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys Organization is lost. Dallas Excuses should be their new name. Same crap every year, play th blame game.

Don't much care for this soap opera stuff. "Just win baby" - Al Davis.

Dre11

Reaction score
So Romo gets the injury excuse? Does Dak and Cassel get the same excuse instead of getting the fingers pointed at them as being the problem?

Lol...this is about Dez not Romo, Romo and Dez was one of the best Qb/Wr combos. Cassell was a bum, Dak is a 3rd year qb and the jury is still out on if and how good he’s going to be. I don’t see anyone talking about Romo needing an injury excuse...lol

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lol...this is about Dez not Romo, Romo and Dez was one of the best Qb/Wr combos. Cassell was a bum, Dak is a 3rd year qb and the jury is still out on if and how good he’s going to be. I don’t see anyone talking about Romo needing an injury excuse...lol

Lol. This was about a quote saying Dez’s decline didn’t start until Romo wasn’t his QB.

I see you are willing to come up with excuses when Romo is involved, but don’t seem to want to extend that same courtesy to the other QBs that have had to play with an injured Dez.

I see you really have no point, except to once again try to protect your pet players.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is Albert Breer's notes on his MMBQ column as they pertain to Dez.........

FOUR DOWNS
1. Dez Bryant’s future in Dallas. There’s no delicate way to put it: It’s a good thing that Bryant has two very powerful sponsors in the Cowboys’ facility in owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett. Because based on where the staff sees him right now, justifying the $12.5 million he’s due this fall (and the $16.5 million cap number he carries) has gotten difficult for the team. Maybe they’ll be able to compromise.

The truth is: This is where things have been going for a while. Cowboys coaches started seeing Bryant’s overwhelming physical gifts start to slip all the way back in 2015, the injury-plagued first season of his five-year, $70 million second contract. And that hasn’t reversed itself. Three years later, at the point in his career when some players reinvent themselves by becoming craftier, Bryant’s struggle to adjust to playing at a different speed has disappointed the team. He can’t run by anyone anymore. He lacks explosion, evident in the loss of inches off his vertical. He’s still inconsistent as a route-runner. He’s hard to count on for Dak Prescott. And as some there see it, he’s not doing enough to counteract all of that.

“Based on last year,” one staffer says, “he does very few things really well.” So now, the challenge is on Bryant to do what Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald and, at a different position, his own teammate, Jason Witten, have pulled off: combat Father Time with the kind of hard work that generates a second NFL life. The Cowboys’ failure to land Sammy Watkins probably saved Bryant’s place on the roster, and it’s not crazy to think it could still be in jeopardy. That much is up to Jones and, to some extent, Garrett. They’ve both believed in Bryant when others didn’t. It seems like it’s time for him to repay that faith.
That's all that was in it? I thought there would be more meat to it. Ehh..

Ken

Reaction score
Dez can still make a play. He did it plenty of times last year.

We run more then anyone in the league and Dak isn't good at getting his X & Z the ball.
Funny, Terrence Williams caught the most balls he has ever caught last year and at a higher percentage. His avg went down yes, but he doesn't seem to feeling this struggle as you say.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol. This was about a quote saying Dez’s decline didn’t start until Romo wasn’t his QB.

I see you are willing to come up with excuses when Romo is involved, but don’t seem to want to extend that same courtesy to the other QBs that have had to play with an injured Dez.

I see you really have no point, except to once again try to protect your pet players.

What excuse do Cassell need? Are you claiming he was good here...lol
Are you denying Dak struggled last lesson?...lol

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What excuse do Cassell need? Are you claiming he was good here...lol
Are you denying Dak struggled last lesson?...lol
No I think he sucked, but I didn’t see him being a reason Dez sucked that year. Dez was off...period...regardless of QB. Dez has not been the same. Dez was even off with Romo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The mole if you will is very likely a hanger on like Mickey Spagnola..or Bryan Broaddus. These dudes are around folks in the loop of info almost 24/7. So it stands to reason maybe someone either has an ax to grind with Dez..or maybe its being done to bring to light more issues with him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Funny, Terrence Williams caught the most balls he has ever caught last year and at a higher percentage. His avg went down yes, but he doesn't seem to feeling this struggle as you say.

The last time Terrence Williams caught a TD Tony Romo threw it to him.

Saying he caught the most balls he ever caught at 50 something is not even worth mentioning.

The guy had 0 TD's and like 500 yards Receiving... Yes..He's struggling just as I say.

Dre11

Reaction score
No I think he sucked, but I didn’t see him being a reason Dez sucked that year. Dez was off...period...regardless of QB. Dez has not been the same. Dez was even off with

So if Cassell sucked who was throwing Dez the ball? I just showed you highlights of Dez making the same type of catches, catch and runs he's been making his entire career, even while playing hurt in 2015 and with that Bum Cassell.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
The walls are starting to crumble from the inside for ol Dez. Got staffers diming him out from the inside... I already knew his antics were wearing on the "team". It's blatantly obvious. The sooner he's gone the better.

Y'all keep sitting back & thinking WR isn't top priority in the draft. I'll keep munching on this movie theater butter popcorn.

http://insidethestar.com/cowboys-staffer-critical-of-dez-bryants-game/
Man! That's nothing new nor does it mean anything. Just another person giving their opinion they have to have something to write doesn't mean that it's accurate, 100%, or all truth give me a break with these Dez Bryant threads