Insiders reporting TE at 26

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Tyler is going to left guard, Hankins type will be the 1 tech, they will bring back LVE, cornerback with 2nd round pick, and they have at least 3 safeties on the roster with Bell, Isreal, and Cox to take Wilson’s place.
Hope you’re wrong but how would I know I mean about Smith’s

rags747

Reaction score
No db at 26, no interest in the 4th rated prospect to fill a possible need. Rather have the first or second rated TE. I like Kincaid or Washington, worst case Washington is another OT at the line

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
No db at 26, no interest in the 4th rated prospect to fill a possible need. Rather have the first or second rated TE. I like Kincaid or Washington, worst case Washington is another OT at the line

The #4 DB prospect right now is probably Banks.

So you wouldn't like a 6'0" 197 lb corner who ran 4.35 with a 42" vert? That CB spot opposite Diggs is looking a little empty.

RS12

Reaction score
Some of you need to stop acting like whoever they draft at 26 isnt going to have any warts. Remember 18 to 20 first round grades and some them with warts as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Belt and Broaddus are both basically reporting that TE is most likely going to be the pick at 26

Of course there can be surprises, but assuming nobody major falls, I think this is what is going to be the final outcome. Not to mention, Dane is also super plugged in when it comes to the cowboys, and he also has them taking a TE at 26 in his latest mock. (Kincaid)

I for one think this is absolutely the right decision. I am totally on board with going TE at 26. I just hope they get the best one available when it’s their pick. There are fine margins separating these guys. Not everybody in here is going to be happy to hear this. But what’s new?

My TE mini board right now probably looks like this

1A Mayer
1B Washington
3 Kincaid
4 Musgrave
isn't it supposed to be a deep TE draft? so if that's the case why take one in the first? we have two others who are servicable on the team already, but need CB and DT in the worst way

cnuball21

Reaction score
Only Washington and Musgrave have the juice to be considered 1st round TEs IMO, and I am iffy on Musgrave's injury history.

Kincaid looks like one of those smoother-than-fast guys IMO. I love his tape, but without elite juice, he probably doesn't offer you more than the 10 YPC you got from Schultz. The bull case would be that he plays more in the slot and Dak targets the heck out of him, so he gets 70 or 80 catches a year like Zach Ertz used to get. Dak loves TEs, and Dak loves slot receivers, so that may be feasible.

But unless I hear a gameplan like that, I am out at #26. Drafting Kincaid that high just to play in base would be a mistake.
Kincaid is the most natural passer…but was a little disappointed to see him come in at 6’3 instead of like 6’5.

He’s going to need to absolutely fly at his pro day (which will be an inflated #) for me to think it’s be an ok pick.

Like you said, just don’t see a bon a fide 1st round TE. I don’t think the drop off is that big to the next tier.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Belt and Broaddus are both basically reporting that TE is most likely going to be the pick at 26

Of course there can be surprises, but assuming nobody major falls, I think this is what is going to be the final outcome. Not to mention, Dane is also super plugged in when it comes to the cowboys, and he also has them taking a TE at 26 in his latest mock. (Kincaid)

I for one think this is absolutely the right decision. I am totally on board with going TE at 26. I just hope they get the best one available when it’s their pick. There are fine margins separating these guys. Not everybody in here is going to be happy to hear this. But what’s new?

1A Mayer
1B Washington
3 Kincaid
4 Musgrave
A BIG YUCK. Those who say you don't draft a RB round 1 but a TE. Unreal. If they guys not Gronkowski or Sharpe there is no point in using a 1. RBs touch the ball 20-30 times a game, a te 3-7. What a waste it would be and Ferguson is a very good player.

rags747

Reaction score

So you wouldn't like a 6'0" 197 lb corner who ran 4.35 with a 42" vert? That CB spot opposite Diggs is looking a little empty.
So is Banks going to be any better than what we currently have on the team? This offense needs some real juice badly.

cnuball21

Reaction score
So is Banks going to be any better than what we currently have on the team? This offense needs some real juice badly.
Yea…Banks has the athletic profile to be better than Diggs. He’s a stud.

Maybe he doesn’t reach his full ceiling - but he’s probably CB2 the minute he steps on the field.

Malhavoc

Reaction score

Banks is going to be gone. I guarantee it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Something like Mayer or Washington in the first and Campbell in the 2nd?

Whatever happens, they likely won't produce Schultz numbers year 1..so they have to add a WR like Hopkins if they're going to regress at TE.

You also need offensive and defensive line players..

TE is the position we are most stacked at.

JBS

Reaction score
Something like Mayer or Washington in the first and Campbell in the 2nd?

Whatever happens, they likely won't produce Schultz numbers year 1..so they have to add a WR like Hopkins if they're going to regress at TE.

You also need offensive and defensive line players..

TE is the position we are most stacked at.
I agree. We basically already have Kelce and Kittle on the team. Why go get Gronk too

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Q: What do literally all the TEs in the NFL have in common?

A: None are 6-3, like Dalton Kincaid

Aliencowboy

Reaction score

1A Mayer
1B Washington
3 Kincaid
4 Musgrave
This is such smoke man -come on

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Kincaid is the most natural passer…but was a little disappointed to see him come in at 6’3 instead of like 6’5.

He’s going to need to absolutely fly at his pro day (which will be an inflated #) for me to think it’s be an ok pick.

Like you said, just don’t see a bon a fide 1st round TE. I don’t think the drop off is that big to the next tier.
Yeah, the Kincaid love is over the top. I think he can be a nice player, but I don’t see him as transformative to the offense on this team.

A likely slower, less explosive Evan Engram with better hands? Okay.