Insiders reporting TE at 26

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well part of it is having abysmal QB play…

That being said if I was their OC every single play would have London / Pitts as options 1/2…every.single.play.

There is no reason both of those guys shouldn’t have 100+ targets. Both…
Yep. I had London and Pitts both on my fantasy team, lol. Talk about a blown season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some of you need to stop acting like whoever they draft at 26 isnt going to have any warts. Remember 18 to 20 first round grades and some them with warts as well.
Thats a downside of roaming the forums when we pick late. People nit pick to the point that no one wants anyone

cnuball21

Reaction score
Watched Kincaid a little more and man what a shame he got hurt this year. I think he was gearing up for a monster season.

His tape is limited due to injury but I think he has the highest upside of this group.

Not as safe as Mayer / Kincaid but the traits are there for him to be a dude.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If a TE is heads and shoulders better than anyone left on their draft board sure why not. But the smart play is then to trade down pick up more picks. Last guy that was called the latest and greatest TE to come out is Pitts, he has had decent career to the point but I bet Atlanta has some buyers remorse.
Lol “buyer’s remorse?”

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Pitts had 1,000+ yards and averaged 15 YPC as a rookie.

Last year they had a QB problem and he tore his knee up.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I honestly all this TE talk is not based on insider info but the media/draft talking heads drawing a simplified conclusion that Dallas will look to replace Schultz after they used the tag on Pollard.
Haha, exactly. It is no different than you or I giving our opinion on who the team will draft.

Actually, you and I probably know better…

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
TE is certainly a possibility. No more than that

Yeah, the smart move, imo, would be to either trade down if that's the position or go Anton Harrison T from Oklahoma. We need oline, and I think Anton Harrison allows us to replace Tyron when he retires and allows Tyler Smith to focus on developing at LG.

JBS

Reaction score
Haha, exactly. It is no different than you or I giving our opinion on who the team will draft.

Actually, you and I probably know better…
Except everybody knows who Dallas wants every year.

rambo2

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a better idea to draft Diggs and then draft a tight end later like LaPorta, Schoonmaker, or Kuntz? Laporta looks very good to me.
I should have said draft Gibbs not Diggs.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Round 2 Could Have Run on Tight Ends​

Updated March 13, 2023
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

There has been a ton of buzz for months about how the 2023 NFL Draft is loaded at the tight end position. That was given proof at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, which a lot of tight end prospects put together excellent workouts. Team sources say they feel there are a number of tight ends in the 2023 NFL Draft who would be a the top tight end prospect in a normal year. With the abundance of tight ends in this draft class, one would think there could be some mid-round steals. Sources with pro teams, however, told BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1 they believe there is going to be a huge run on tight ends in Round 2 of the 2023 NFL Draft. Those sources said they think the good value prospects at the position could be all gone by the end of the second round and should definitely be gone by the third round.

In speaking to team sources, they identified six prospects who they believe are near locks to be gone by the end of the Round 2 in the 2023 NFL Draft. Those tight ends are:

• Notre Dame's Michael Mayer
  • Utah's Dalton Kincaid
  • Georgia's Darnell Washington
  • Iowa's Sam LaPorta
  • Oregon State's Luke Musgrave
  • South Dakota State's Tucker Kraft
Other tight ends who could go on Day 2 include Michigan's Luke Schoonmaker and Cincinnati's Josh Whyle.

The 2023 NFL Draft could feature a legendary tight end class that sees a memorable group selected in the first and second rounds.

Proof

Reaction score
Lol “buyer’s remorse?”

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Pitts had 1,000+ yards and averaged 15 YPC as a rookie.

Last year they had a QB problem and he tore his knee up.
drafting him at 4 was a bit rich, and then not being able to properly use him... i'd wager they wouldn't draft him again even if he's still every bit as good.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
drafting him at 4 was a bit rich, and then not being able to properly use him... i'd wager they wouldn't draft him again even if he's still every bit as good.
Yeah. If they did it again today, they'd go with Chase.

I just don't understand why Atlanta can't use him. As far as size, speed, and ball skills, this guy is almost on a Calvin Johnson level. You wouldn't draft Megatron to have him block and run flare routes.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah. If they did it again today, they'd go with Chase.

I just don't understand why Atlanta can't use him. As far as size, speed, and ball skills, this guy is almost on a Calvin Johnson level. You wouldn't draft Megatron to have him block and run flare routes.
arthur smith sucks man. as well as their qbs obviously. i'd toss them a first + fairly easily.