Twitter: Interesting comments from K'avon Chaisson on playing for the Cowboys

lockster

Reaction score
Man how can you not love that response. I'm glad he knows being a Cowboy doesn't JUST have privileges, it has extreme disadvantages to those who can't handle the limelight. We've seen the star get the best of an endless amount of guys.

I'd love to get him if we stay put at 17. Him and Gregory rotating would be beautiful.
This was probably the same thing trysten said in his interview with the cowboys,. Kind of like the same kind of Eggert that Kaylin Smith played with last year. Lol. Words are cheap at best with these players, straight out lies usually. :). Kaylin knows how to do this while being written a check that's big enough to start his own bank with. :)

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Man how can you not love that response. I'm glad he knows being a Cowboy doesn't JUST have privileges, it has extreme disadvantages to those who can't handle the limelight. We've seen the star get the best of an endless amount of guys.

I'd love to get him if we stay put at 17. Him and Gregory rotating would be beautiful.
After those comments I feel like that’s something that would help his stock in interviews in person. Hopefully this helps him by this quote coming out.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Well kid, lets not forget that this is the fanbase that allowed Garrett to coach here for 10 years. And even at the end there were still plenty of people that think he was a good coach.

Allowed? What choice do we as fans have? If Jerry wants someone at the helm, they’re going to be at the helm. Has nothing whatsoever to do with the fans.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
This was probably the same thing trysten said in his interview with the cowboys,. Kind of like the same kind of Eggert that Kaylin Smith played with last year. Lol. Words are cheap at best with these players, straight out lies usually. :). Kaylin knows how to do this while being written a check that's big enough to start his own bank with. :)

Fair enough. Trysten did have a history though of personality/character problems with coaches . Rod did us dirty twice Trysten and Taco

Kwyn

Reaction score
One thing about this kid, it appears maturity isn't an issue.

Not to down the guy, but I’m having a hard time getting on board with Bobby here. I mean, he could have put the word “packers” or “Steelers” or just about any team, and it would have read the same way.

just seems pretty generic to me.

conner01

Reaction score
Fair enough. Trysten did have a history though of personality/character problems with coaches . Rod did us dirty twice Trysten and Taco
A 5th rounder with issues is fine
Sometimes worth the risk
The first two rounds I don’t take risk
I take players who have the heart and desire to be great

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean if you consider that smart......I prefer to let people actually fail before I write them off. Some of you guys saw it from a mile away. Y'all got it right lol.
I don’t know what happened to Garrett. It really go to his head. I mean he just thought he was it. When he should’ve been just worrying about winning football games. Rather than if he got along with A particular player or not. He seem to make things personal I think that was his downfall

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Not to down the guy, but I’m having a hard time getting on board with Bobby here. I mean, he could have put the word “packers” or “Steelers” or just about any team, and it would have read the same way.

just seems pretty generic to me.

had the exact thought.

I mean it’s a good answer. But it applies to every team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t know what happened to Garrett. It really go to his head. I mean he just thought he was it. When he should’ve been just worrying about winning football games. Rather than if he got along with A particular player or not. He seem to make things personal I think that was his downfall
Everyone isn't cut to be a head coach for the Cowboys. I think Garrett thought he was. He wasn't. I think its easily the hardest coaching job in the league and there's no comparison. I think the only thing worse would be someone having to follow up Bellicheat when he retired.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
My pick at 17 for sure but I doubt he makes it and I’m not a fan of trading up given how many holes there are

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As bad as things were and became, Garrett, while loved by Jones, coached with his hands tied behind his back. Jerry controlled personnel and contracts, not Garrett. For the most part, Jones made decisions on coaches and sometimes their roles, not Garrett. When Garrett was coaching for his job, Jones still stood in the way and dictated who would call plays. It doesn’t matter when Jones was right or wrong. The fact is that Jones created a situation where few coaches could succeed.

Jones deferred to Parcells and now McCarthy simply because they had a SB in their resume. Maybe that’s a good thing, but they are the only coaches Jerry has allowed to make decisions. Those who hoped Jerry would sign one of the young geniuses should never want to see that happen because Jerry will not hand control to anyone but a seasoned coach with skins on the wall.

morasp

Reaction score
He would be an excellent pick at 17. We need more smart players.

Strengths
  • Wears the 18 jersey, given to high-character leader
  • Good lower-body thickness for a longer frame
  • Smart player on and off the field
  • Very quick laterally and up the field off snap
  • Tremendously agile and flexible
  • Has two-hand swipe and rapid inside-spin counter
  • Hides play-side shoulder, dips and elongates around the corner for wins
  • Inside counters are low, smooth and dangerous
  • Converts speed to power with long-arm bull-rush
  • Consistently hits quarterback on T/E twists
  • Range to disrupt the mesh-point against zone-read
  • Easy change-of-direction talent to chase in all directions

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. Should have been run out of town by the fans and also the media.
Fans marching down the street to The Star with torches and pitchforks? Or should they have gone more modern and brought shotguns? Hell, if we are doing that, why not overthrown the kingdom? Form a militia and stage a military coup, ousting Jerry and Stephen from their perches?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Butts in the seats all wearing Cowboys gear. Make sense now?
lol - so that's how it works? No team ever changes head coaches unless hundreds of thousands of fans to get so worked up they boycott the team? Is that what happened to the Packers when the let McCarthy go? Who knew?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
One thing about this kid, it appears maturity isn't an issue.

I think what's interesting is that it sounds like something that I would expect a player who had been here for five years to say. Garrett was 100% about everything he said.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Allowed? What choice do we as fans have? If Jerry wants someone at the helm, they’re going to be at the helm. Has nothing whatsoever to do with the fans.

Fans and media have a huge voice. For example in places like Philly and NY, they run these types out of town. Fans and media complaining often forces the hand of the owner. That simply didnt happen here in Dallas. Even last year, people were fed up, but its was not as harsh as in other cities.