Interesting QB Comparison for this week: Dak v. Wince

RoboQB

Reaction score
Our Cowboys are 11-1 and we have a supposed Cowboys fan in here defending an Eagle!?!
Blasphemy!

I haven't heard anyone say that Wentz (or Wince... hilarious) has the decisiveness of a 5 year veteran.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
I've watched the Eagles/Bengals game now and the flaw in Wentz's throwing motion is readily apparent on the 2nd Vontaze Burcifit interception.

We're talking split seconds here. The difference between somebody with a super-fast release and what Wentz is doing here is less than .03 of a second. But that's all it takes at this level.

You give a veteran NFL LBer that extra .03 to see where you're about to throw the ball, he'll have time to react. That's exactly what happens here as Burcifit easily picks Wentz off.

Here's the video I just made pointing this out:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz is the rookie, plays like a rookie, throws like a rookie, and sees the field like a rookie.
Seeing the field is a knack, some can't do it at the pro level and fade out after a couple years.
Some can see the field well enough to survive some see it well enough to be good solid QBs.
A rare few see the field at an elite level and that's what we have in Dak much like Brady.

Wentz I believe will be a good quarterback in a couple years the potential is there but he's never going to be Dak.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Wentz has accuracy issues. Had nothing to do with other players. Wentz throws too low, too high, to the left, to the right. Maybe if he could throw the ball like a QB his players could catch it. He misses wide open guys

Anybody that makes excuses for Wentz or still believes at this point he is better then Wentz knows nothing about football and is foolish. Ray Charles can even see that Wentz can't hold Dak's jock strap

Wentz has a very strange delivery. He reminds me of Chad Hutchingson with Kapernick Athleticism. Frankly, I think he's going to be a bust. His delivery makes him inaccurate with his passing.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Wince threw more interceptions today than Dak has all year... just sayin'...
Winyz has no OL and that has hurt him this year. He is throwing fast due to no OL protection and the interceptions have increased. I hate to see a good QB become average due to going to a Bad offense but it happens. He needs a new Coach and a OL if he is to progress. Anyway, Dak landed in a good place and he and the Cowboys are doing great.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
After another debacle yesterday, the greatest QB of all time has dropped his yards per pass average from 6.6 to 6.4.

The Coach says mechanics. The golden child said no. Perhaps a wee bit of trouble brewing between the Savior HC and the Savior QB.

I rub my hands together in anticipation of a strained relationship.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Without me looking at the schedule could his decline be the difference of playing better teams now also?

That is likely part but of the problem, as his first 2 wins were against the Browns and Bears. His 3rd win, however, was a 34-3 scorching of the Steelers.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't Wentz have the same mechanical issues behind our Oline...if it's true that he had this issue in college too, I'm curious as to why people fell in love with him, especially considering he was initially ranked as a high second round pick, and without playing a game (other than a few Senior Bowl passes), somehow became hyped as a top 1 or 2 pick

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/theres-so...-and-much-of-nfl-has-caught-on-011427565.html

That's the thing that gave me caution... Prior to the start of his senior season he wasn't anywhere close to be high 1st rounder. Even as the college season played out he stock rose but not by that much.

Then all of a sudden post Jan. 1st he's going to be one of the top guys taken off the board in the first round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Inaccuracy is one of the first signs of QB bust. It is hard to teach accuracy and pocket awareness.

He's just playing like a typical rookie.

Derek Carr threw for 58.1 percent his rookie year.

The jump in competition was gigantic for Wentz but he'll grow as a player and he'll be a good pro.

He's the total package as a player. He just needs experience.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's the thing that gave me caution... Prior to the start of his senior season he wasn't anywhere close to be high 1st rounder. Even as the college season played out he stock rose but not by that much.

Then all of a sudden post Jan. 1st he's going to be one of the top guys taken off the board in the first round.

He jumped to the first round for good reason. He has every tool in the box that you're looking for with a QB. He'll get it figured out.

Will he ever be as good as Dak? I don't know and I wouldn't bet on it.

Would I still take him over Jared Goff or Paxton Lynch? Easily.

The guy is 6'6, mobile, rocket arm, smart, and a extremely hard worker. He is not going to bust. At worst he is a solid NFL QB.

He went from Div. 1 aa to the NFL and he's been extremely hot and extremely cold. Just a typical rookie year.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
He jumped to the first round for good reason. He has every tool in the box that you're looking for with a QB. He'll get it figured out.

Will he ever be as good as Dak? I don't know and I wouldn't bet on it.

Would I still take him over Jared Goff or Paxton Lynch? Easily.

The guy is 6'6, mobile, rocket arm, smart, and a extremely hard worker. He is not going to bust. At worst he is a solid NFL QB.

He went from Div. 1 aa to the NFL and he's been extremely hot and extremely cold. Just a typical rookie year.

He's 6'-5" not 6'-6". JSYK.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
He's just playing like a typical rookie.

Derek Carr threw for 58.1 percent his rookie year.

The jump in competition was gigantic for Wentz but he'll grow as a player and he'll be a good pro.

He's the total package as a player. He just needs experience.
A total package of crap. He looks the part. However, playing QB in the league is more than looking the part. Chad Hutchinson looked the part. His pocket awareness needs a lot of work. His throwing mechanics are terrible. His accuracy is terrible. Carr had great footwork coming out of college and great touch on the ball. Carr also had great leadership skills. Philly will eat Wenz alive by game 3 next season.