Interesting QB Comparison for this week: Dak v. Wince

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
oh please never say you on here before this year SKIPPIY
That's the best you got. You're a sad, salty guy and is not very hard to click my name and see I was on before you. That's not including my original account. Keep trying though you might sound intelligent one of these days

bodi

Reaction score
That's the best you got. You're a sad, salty guy and is not very hard to click my name and see I was on before you. That's not including my original account. Keep trying though you might sound intelligent one of these days

whippie you in your mom's basement - no job ?

could care less on you think you are

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
oh think not
At least you are letting us know you are a person that doesn't keep his word, and actually appears proud of that fact. Good to know. Good for you. You keep sticken it to the Cowboys fans.

bodi

Reaction score
At least you are letting us know you are a person that doesn't keep his word, and actually appears proud of that fact. Good to know. Good for you. You keep sticken it to the Cowboys fans.

amazing what people can tell about you or think they can tell about you

stupid people

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
amazing what people can tell about you or think they can tell about you

stupid people
Ooooh! Didn't realize I was up against a genius here.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-HbnLMEHcOc5B4fATO0cRL9XU6gppvFzcjZww4TxokHCYJSqC

bodi

Reaction score
Ooooh! Didn't realize I was up against a genius here.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-HbnLMEHcOc5B4fATO0cRL9XU6gppvFzcjZww4TxokHCYJSqC

to bad for you

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Wouldn't Wentz have the same mechanical issues behind our Oline...if it's true that he had this issue in college too, I'm curious as to why people fell in love with him, especially considering he was initially ranked as a high second round pick, and without playing a game (other than a few Senior Bowl passes), somehow became hyped as a top 1 or 2 pick

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/theres-so...-and-much-of-nfl-has-caught-on-011427565.html

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Wouldn't Wentz have the same mechanical issues behind our Oline...if it's true that he had this issue in college too, I'm curious as to why people fell in love with him, especially considering he was initially ranked as a high second round pick, and without playing a game (other than a few Senior Bowl passes), somehow became hyped as a top 1 or 2 pick

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/theres-so...-and-much-of-nfl-has-caught-on-011427565.html

Yeah this to me is a particularly alarming issue. You hear people always say you can improve footwork, but messing with throwing motion can be tricky. Surprised this seems to just be coming out now.

windjc

Reaction score
Did R - is - en post on this thread? Lol. I wouldn't know.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Yeah this to me is a particularly alarming issue. You hear people always say you can improve footwork, but messing with throwing motion can be tricky. Surprised this seems to just be coming out now.
I didn't watch the Eagles game, but apparently about 6 or 7 passes were swatted down by lineman... And another three passes could have been picked off bit were dropped. Yet Wentz said there's nothing wrong with his mechanics. So if he doesn't want to change, it may not happen.

I know romo worked on increasing the high point of his throwing motion to lower chance of tipped balls in 2007, something Parcells suggested. But the Eagles want to eliminate a bunch of the motion and depth of Wentzs throwing cycle

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
no boysfanfromNY in this thread? hmm. not surprised lol

wince! haha pretty funny

Verdict

Reaction score
I personally think Dak is a better QB than Wentz because of his ability to process information and stay cool under pressure. Dak's offensive players are far superior to the team assembled around Wentz.

The Eagles receivers totally suck. I mean totally suck. The only weapon worth a plug nickel on the Eagles team is Sproles.

If we didn't have Dak I would take a Wentz in a minute as our QB. They may ruin him though before they get any talent around him.

drawandstrike

Reaction score

If you want to compare Wentz's throwing motion to 1 of the best in NFL history, check out this video of Dan Marino. His release of the ball was so fast if you blink you missed it.

A few times Marino actually had the ball down near his waist, scanning the field. He could bring it up and throw it so fast, the defense had no time to react before the ball was on it's way.

This is why Wentz is struggling with longer throws. He can get away with mechanic problems in his throwing motion when the target is 10 yards downfield and in. When he's sending the ball 15 yards or more downfield though this is where a slower release will get you into trouble. It wouldn't matter all that much in college since 95% of the secondary players in college won't make the NFL.

You could telegraph where you're going with the football or release the ball a bit slowly and it won't matter since most CB's and safeties aren't fast enough to take advantage.

In the NFL everybody is an athletic freak. That flaw in your throwing motion that the 5 foot 9 185 lb kid playing CB for Podunk U couldn't take advantage of will be eaten alive by the 6 foot 3 225 lb physical marvel who's been starting for his NFL team for 5 years and easily sees where you're going with the ball and is fast enough to make a move on it.

drawandstrike

Reaction score

It took Romo a lot of hard work over 3 seasons to fix his sidearm throwing motion. And even THEN he still had plenty of passes batted down from 2006-2008.