CFZ Is Dak contract biggest issue critics have?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No ..... The same guys who disliked him before are the same guys who disliked him after.

It's personal thing with a lot of those guys

1. You got a group who were loyal to Romo and blame Dak for his downfall.

2. You got a group who were loyal to Dez and blame Dak for his downfall.

3. You have a group who hates Daks personality and think he is fake.

4. You have a group that said he sucked when we drafted him and are to invested to change their mind.

5. You have a group who hates the Dak fan posters and are to invested in his failure so they can mock said posters.

6. You have a group who just legitimately does not like how Dak plays as a QB and thinks he can not read defenses and cannot throw well.

7. And there is a very small almost miniscule other group that dislikes him for reasons that is against the rules to talk about.

Let me know if I missed any.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You want this brain trust drafting the franchise QB?

They lucked into a 4th rounder and an UDFA prior to that.

Hell. I think we are lucky to have Prescott because these people can and have done worse.

They seem to have turned the corner on drafting talent now though ...... I would be interested in the 1st round QB who they would get.

Swagger

Reaction score
Tom Brady is done and the Bucs have injuries. 49ers are banged up. Rodgers seems to be having an outer body experience down in Wisconsin and the front office have left him hung out to dry with a poor receiving corp whilst the Rams don't have the depth on their roster after going all in last season. The Vikings have Kirk Cousins at QB and got destroyed by the Eagles. So unless the 49ers get healthy or the Packers trade for a receiver then it's the Eagles or Cowboys going to the Superbowl from the NFC. The turtle might have finally got lucky this season and win the race.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No ..... The same guys who disliked him before are the same guys who disliked him after.

It's personal thing with a lot of those guys

1. You got a group who were loyal to Romo and blame Dak for his downfall.

2. You got a group who were loyal to Dez and blame Dak for his downfall.

3. You have a group who hates Daks personality and think he is fake.

4. You have a group that said he sucked when we drafted him and are to invested to change their mind.

5. You have a group who hates the Dak fan posters and are to invested in his failure so they can mock said posters.

6. You have a group who just legitimately does not like how Dak plays as a QB and thinks he can not read defenses and cannot throw well.

7. And there is a very small almost miniscule other group that dislikes him for reasons that is against the rules to talk about.

Let me know if I missed any.
Yep

It appears his contract just provided the critics a stronger talking point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yep

It appears his contract just provided the critics a stronger talking point.

True then again it has always been the case that Cowboys QB catch hell until or unless the team wins a SB. I watched fans ravage Meredith, White and Romo, I think Irregardless of money fans would be down on Dak until he can help this team win a championship

Brax

Reaction score
This issue appears to come up more often when criticism inflates with our QB. That we should be having more success with a QB who is paid the amount of money and portion of our Cap he is.

In comparison Prescott is paid similar to those like Watson, Carr, Murray and Cousins whose teams haven’t had anymore success than Prescotts.

I think most of us would agree that average to above average QB’s are over paid and all too often paid similar to the more Elite QB’s. At least initially when they sign. But is that these QB’s responsibility or the owners and front offices that pony up along with the coaching staffs which support it.

It’s a tough balance . Unfortunately all Franchise QB’s aren’t Elite . But when you find a serviceable enough QB to try and build around it appears that part of the process is locking them up before they can become a FA.

And this is where overpaying them is part of the process. In turn we often see the ownerships, front offices and coaching staff hype or justify their contract of their Franchise QB that he’s enough to win. Again, all part of the process.

Not sure why this burden is put all on the QB’s. Should they say, no boss , don’t over pay me.
It’s not his contract $ it’s what he’s delivered against good teams and more importantly in must win games. He has no excuses left at this point he talks a great game he needs to play great when it counts or the choking label and dismay with him will continue. No one should want to hear about almost was a mvp, historical nfl 4 game start, look at those stats and rankings, he’s hurt, it’s time to produce results not stats against the dreg teams, do that and all will be well. Don’t want to see Hollywood Dak throwing int’s against the housewives want to see him producing against the quality teams.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would have no issues with his contract if we ran the same offense as we did in 2016 and Dak was as efficient as he was then. The problem is that he will not run anymore and now he plays like he is Tom Brady. He used to be a beast that scared teams half to death. Now teams are happy to sit back and make him try to beat them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They seem to have turned the corner on drafting talent now though ...... I would be interested in the 1st round QB who they would get.
1st round OL and they defaulted into Parsons.

QB is the trickiest pick there is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They knew we couldn't walk away, had Jerry over a barrel and took full advantage of the leverage situation.
Now a smart FO would have invested at least a 3rd round pick on a QB prior, but Jerry left himself totally exposed.
Well, we could have walked away was the point. The fact Jethro didn’t place in a better position to negotiate is more evidence how poorly it was handled.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The irony is his contract is not even his fault, it is the Joneses.

They get played by every good agent and have no one to blame for getting boxed in with few options but themselves and their lack of preparation for the future.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well, we could have walked away was the point. The fact Jethro didn’t place in a better position to negotiate is more evidence how poorly it was handled.
Not even Jerry walks away from an opportunity, Dak was the only option, so we agree about that much.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
1st round OL and they defaulted into Parsons.

QB is the trickiest pick there is.

I understand ...... But they have drafted better in the last few years. And the only time we ever won a Superbowl under the Jerry regime is when we had a first round QB.

Takes a lot of talent to overcome Jerry's deficiencies without Jimmy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The irony is his contract is not even his fault, it is the Joneses.

They get played by every good agent and have no one to blame for getting boxed in with few options but themselves and their lack of preparation for the future.
That is the frustration, good negotiators put themselves in a position of leverage to begin with.
This FO believes that loads of money is their only leverage.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s not his contract $ it’s what he’s delivered against good teams and more importantly in must win games. He has no excuses left at this point he talks a great game he needs to play great when it counts or the choking label and dismay with him will continue. No one should want to hear about almost was a mvp, historical nfl 4 game start, look at those stats and rankings, he’s hurt, it’s time to produce results not stats against the dreg teams, do that and all will be well. Don’t want to see Hollywood Dak throwing int’s against the housewives want to see him producing against the quality teams.
Yea, I think sometimes fans priorities don’t always align with our owners and or players.

leeblair

Reaction score
This issue appears to come up more often when criticism inflates with our QB. That we should be having more success with a QB who is paid the amount of money and portion of our Cap he is.

In comparison Prescott is paid similar to those like Watson, Carr, Murray and Cousins whose teams haven’t had anymore success than Prescotts.

I think most of us would agree that average to above average QB’s are over paid and all too often paid similar to the more Elite QB’s. At least initially when they sign. But is that these QB’s responsibility or the owners and front offices that pony up along with the coaching staffs which support it.

It’s a tough balance . Unfortunately all Franchise QB’s aren’t Elite . But when you find a serviceable enough QB to try and build around it appears that part of the process is locking them up before they can become a FA.

And this is where overpaying them is part of the process. In turn we often see the ownerships, front offices and coaching staff hype or justify their contract of their Franchise QB that he’s enough to win. Again, all part of the process.

Not sure why this burden is put all on the QB’s. Should they say, no boss , don’t over pay me.
Dak shouldn't be the franchise quarterback of the Cowboys at any price. He simply isn't the answer. Cooper Rush might not be either, but he proved that he is, at the least, better than Dak.
Rush has shown that he is more skilled at the position than Dak.
But for what the Cowboys paid for Dak they could have gotten a real quarterback.
Instead, they paid Dak like he was already an established champion. He isn't.
He has a history of beating weak teams, but choking in games against contenders. EVERY TIME Dak has had the opportunity to prove he is more than just a scrub, he has failed. EVERY time he needed to be the spark that took the Cowboys to a higher level, he failed. But they paid him and saddled the Cowboys with that huge contract, despite him never earning it.
He is still just a scrub with a strong arm. But Dak doesn't make the Cowboys better.
That is the issue.