Is Dak gonna be signed this week?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys need time to find a replacement, they are not just going to let Dak walk and name Lance the starter just for hell of it.
That’s exactly what a lot of the fans want. They want Lance to be the starter just for the hell of it and see how it goes. :rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That’s exactly what a lot of the fans want. They want Lance to be the starter just for the hell of it and see how it goes. :rolleyes:
To a lot of fans, its no big deal. If Lance sucks, then it means we get a top 10 pick the following year to draft a new QB.

They dont seem to mind just pissing away an entire season if Lance sucks, however I would tend to think 81 yr old Jerry Jones might not be so eager to do that.

Jerry only has so many seasons left, throwing one away "just to see how it goes without Dak" might be a bridge to far, but I guess we shall see.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Dak will get a contract before the season starts. Ceedee is priority for now and expected to have a deal before camp. I’m wondering how Love’s new deal will impact Dak’s?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
To a lot of fans, its no big deal. If Lance sucks, then it means we get a top 10 pick the following year to draft a new QB.

They dont seem to mind just pissing away an entire season if Lance sucks, however I would tend to think 81 yr old Jerry Jones might not be so eager to do that.

Jerry only has so many seasons left, throwing one away "just to see how it goes without Dak" might be a bridge to far, but I guess we shall see.
I think Jerry Jones is fine with his accomplishments in life and does not need another Super Bowl trophy to make him feel better about himself. Fans want the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl now. That’s understandable. Let’s not assume Jerry Jones has the same sense of urgency.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect Dak may have a contract when both sides decide to make it so.

Until then, it's all guesswork for us. I feel sure our FO wants one, though!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
lol. Share your posting history and I’d be glad to. You saying someone else is getting benched when you spent the entire season either hiding or benched is ironic
It’s so easy to go back a few pages to the playoff loss and prove that I made 2-3 Dak PER DAY as you claim, right?

So do it or warm the bench.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It’s so easy to go back a few pages to the playoff loss and prove that I made 2-3 Dak PER DAY as you claim, right?

So do it or warm the bench.
I love how you are threatening me. Like you are a mod or something.

Listen here. You disappeared for months when this team was doing well and playing at an MVP level. FACT
You posted incessently as soon as they would lose a game. FACT
You got benched for not following forum rules. FACT.

I dont need to prove anything. This is all factual. It all happened.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Love"s future is on the upswing. At this point we know who Dak is. Going to be fun watching him try to play without a running game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I love how you are threatening me. Like you are a mod or something.

Listen here. You disappeared for months when this team was doing well and playing at an MVP level. FACT
You posted incessently as soon as they would lose a game. FACT
You got benched for not following forum rules. FACT.

I dont need to prove anything. This is all factual. It all happened.
Do you not feel any shame at all to claim something and not prove it?

Say what you want about me, but when I claim you said something I pull the receipts to prove it.

Have a little pride, dude.

fivetwos

Reaction score
For me it makes perfect sense to see what happens with Prescott before committing to Lamb.

If Dak walks, you are looking at a rebuild, in which case you tag and trade Lamb with no dead money issue.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Do you not feel any shame at all to claim something and not prove it?

Say what you want about me, but when I claim you said something I pull the receipts to prove it.

Have a little pride, dude.
LOL.

You talking about shame is laughable.

You are a coward. Leaving the site when the team does well because you cant troll. And you are speaking to me about shame?

Get lost.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Or what?

You’ll make up more lies then become an emotional wreck when asked to provide proof?

Whatever game we’re playing here. I won a long time ago.
LOL. You havent won a thing. You have been wrong about Dak countless times to the point where you didnt even show your face here because of the teams success.

You are quite literally the worst kind of fan there is. And the worst part is. You are also acting like a narccisist by claiming you are "winning"

There is nothing to win. The fact you believe winning arguments on a football forum shows me that this board is your literal life.

EGTuna

Reaction score
No one will be signed before Jerry’s unbelievable petty lawsuit against his own kid for a paltry $1.6m (paltry for Jerry) is over. Jerry values suing his own child over the business of the Cowboys. Lest anyone think he truly cares about winning above all else.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL. You havent won a thing. You have been wrong about Dak countless times to the point where you didnt even show your face here because of the teams success.

You are quite literally the worst kind of fan there is. And the worst part is. You are also acting like a narccisist by claiming you are "winning"

There is nothing to win. The fact you believe winning arguments on a football forum shows me that this board is your literal life.
I like to win.

No matter how big or small the victory.

Your emotional responses show me you’ve become comfortable with losing.

You play to take part. I play to take over.

So I forgive you for not understanding.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think the reality and it's been beat to death there are no really good quarterbacks in the draft not franchise locks that you can count on over the next two drafts there aren't any mid levels that are better than Prescott and why would you trade draft picks and get somebody on his level when you could just sign the guy and I in my opinion his contracts are holding up lamb and then it will be Parsons I don't believe they're gonna be on this team if Prescott's not....

I believe he will get signed eventually whether it's before the season or before the deadline in March I don't know how that works he may make the Cowboys sweat shop his services and allow them to then match which could then work out for us because I mean if the other teams are only offering them like between 52 and 55 it'll be easy then there's a sign for what they probably would have signed up for in the first place..

So in my opinion there's a 75% chance Prescott will be our quarterback in 2025 and beyond... It doesn't matter when he's signed why does he need to be signed before the season starts but definitely not before training camp the man's under contract I don't believe he's gonna hold out because he'd be losing almost two and a half million dollars a game and fines and I believe he's gonna risk his eligibility for free agency if he doesn't show up by what week six I don't know the rules but I know you just can't sit out there the whole year and still be eligible for free agency you lose a year...

So again given all those facts Cowboys know it Prescott knows it I believe they'll find a way to come together eventually I hope it's sooner or later so we can stop talking about it I wish one of them would just come out and say he's not gonna be here or I'm not gonna be here so just get over it...lol

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
No one will be signed before Jerry’s unbelievable petty lawsuit against his own kid for a paltry $1.6m (paltry for Jerry) is over. Jerry values suing his own child over the business of the Cowboys. Lest anyone think he truly cares about winning above all else.
End of thread/

blueblood70

Reaction score
A confident but not guaranteed prediction.....

I say yes
no I don't think he's going to be signed before training camp but I do believe eventually they'll come together whether it's now before the season or before the March 2025 deadline and I believe there's a 75% chance he'll be our quarterback for 2025 but now I don't think there's a chance they sign in before training camp because there's no reason to rush it and now his camp might be waiting for two and love just like lamb was waiting for jamar chase and Justin Jefferson... The fact is we don't know what's been going on behind closed doors so it's tough to make an assumption but I can knowingly at least hypothetically make a decision that there aren't very many good quarterbacks coming up in the next two drafts there aren't any mid level guys worth bringing in cause they're not gonna be better than Prescott and you definitely aren't gonna trade draft picks for a guy on his level when you could just keep him so I think the odds have shifted to where I think he's gonna be here....