Is Dak gonna be signed this week?

JBS

Reaction score
Signing Lamb first has nothing to do with Jerry being comfortable with Dak playing out the year.

They are mutually exclusive. Stephen has made it clear they want a deal done and don't want Dak hitting FA.
Who said anything about Dak hitting FA? I said lamb will get paid first. I never said Dak won’t get paid. You are changing topics now

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It will most likely be Love because he is young and now would be the time to give him a good contract as opposed to Dak who is older has not really shown anything when the lights come on and Love already has.

But, if Dak does sign with the Cowboys, I sure hope it not for the money like he pretends.
Love has shown playoff success compared to Dak?

Really?

Enlighten us all. Show us the proof, Einstein.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Love has shown playoff success compared to Dak?

Really?

Enlighten us all. Show us the proof, Einstein.
:facepalm::facepalm:

They find any type of mental hoops to go thru to suggest every other QB has achieved something while Dak hasn't.

Love, Allen, Lawrence, Jackson, Herbert......half of the Top 12 has done NOTHING - but according to them it's because this this this this.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I’ll,welcome it. I have been looking forward to free time on Sundays for decades . It will be a complete waste of time watching Dak in regular season. He could go 17-0 and still lose the 1st or 2nd game in post season. It’s so dumb giving him a contract.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Well...CD won't play without a contract either so it's possible that we sign CD this week and make it a packaged deal with Dak. Just like Lions with Goff and St Brown.

So I'd say it's possible it's Dak. And he deserves it more. Love has 7 great games and 1 playoff upset over an awful defense. Packers are taking a huge risk signing the all time highest ever contract to a player with very little pedigree.
Amon Ra and Goff’s contracts were nearly a month apart

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m guessing they don’t resign Dak until after the season. They’ve waited this long And wasted the offseason and the funds saved that could have gone to signing Lamb. They’ve let the price go higher already, so at this point, why not wait.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
What has Love shown when the “lights” come on? He’s literally had one good year and all he did was beat a Cowboys team who you guys say suck lol.
He put up ridiculous numbers in the second half of the season, as well as playoffs (his first full year in the league btw). He is in the last year of his contract, and if GB waits until the end of the year (and he puts up the same numbers) his contract will be that much more. Pretty much a no brainer isn't it?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’d like to see a list of franchises who let their QB walk after consistently making the playoffs.
I cant recall the last time a team went to the playoffs three seasons in a row and let their QB walk with no viable replacement behind him.

You dont make a change just to make a change, you only make a change if its an upgrade and even the most ardent Dak critics on this site have acknowledged that there is statistically nobody on the roster that is on Dak's level.

That is why I dont believe the Cowboys will let Dak walk, at worse they will give him a short term contract of 2-3 yrs to give them time to find his replacement.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why would he want him to leave if he has nothing behind him? Jerry has been in that position before, and it led to five lean years. I believe they want to re-sign him if they can do it. CeeDee could be looking to reset the wide receiver market. The Cowboys are in a tough spot.
Exactly..........see my post right above this one.

The Cowboys need time to find a replacement, they are not just going to let Dak walk and name Lance the starter just for hell of it.

"Yeah, lets see what this cast off from SF looks like, if he sucks we can call it a tank season"

That is not happening, in no world is that happening where Jerry is just gonna go with a complete unknown at QB "just to see what happens".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He put up ridiculous numbers in the second half of the season, as well as playoffs (his first full year in the league btw). He is in the last year of his contract, and if GB waits until the end of the year (and he puts up the same numbers) his contract will be that much more. Pretty much a no brainer isn't it?
I have. I issue with signing Love. It’s a good investment. I am referencing the comment he was gloating about him coming in when the lights were on. Until proven otherwise he’s a one hit wonder.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I cant recall the last time a team went to the playoffs three seasons in a row and let their QB walk with no viable replacement behind him.

You dont make a change just to make a change, you only make a change if its an upgrade and even the most ardent Dak critics on this site have acknowledged that there is statistically nobody on the roster that is on Dak's level.

That is why I dont believe the Cowboys will let Dak walk, at worse they will give him a short term contract of 2-3 yrs to give them time to find his replacement.
They’ll give Dak Prescott what he wants or he won’t sign.