Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GORICO

Reaction score
Down 3 scores halfway through the 2nd Quarter, Dak leads the team to a 31 all tie with 34 seconds left in the game. Too bad the Defense sucked all game and couldn't help pull out a win. In Dak's first and only playoff game, as a rookie and against an ex-SB MVP Aaron Rodgers led Packers team, Dak threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs. Easily could and should have been over 400 yards and at least 4 and possibly even 5 TDs if it wasn't for the crooked officials. But to some, Dak sucks.
that was in my opinion Dak's best game as pro...and i agree the officials petty calls lost us that game...Dak's throwing motion was adjusted in offseason in an attempt to get more velocity on ball and his accuracy dropped significantly...i hope he re-adjusts again this offseason and gets back better accuracy...i am sure he will..he is a hard working no nonsense type of guy

GORICO

Reaction score

man i just watched the video you gave and Dak looked so good...dont know what happened last year..i honestly think Dak was trying to adjust his throwing motion to get more velocity on ball and it really affected his accuracy??...i could be wrong???

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.

If Dak isnt the future then who is? If anyone on here thinks that we are going to go out and draft a QB that will have a better first two years then Dak then they can keep dreaming. History won't even back you up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
man i just watched the video you gave and Dak looked so good...dont know what happened last year..i honestly think Dak was trying to adjust his throwing motion to get more velocity on ball and it really affected his accuracy??...i could be wrong???

This is what baffles me. "I dont know what happened last year"

How can you NOT know what happened last year and be a legitimate Cowboys fan? It is plain as day EXACTLY what happened. Exactly when it happened and EXACTLY why it happened.

You would have had to been in jail or out in the woods for the last 8 months with no TV, internet, or media outlet.

And when you do figure out what EXACTLY happened and why then you will have little doubt about the future of Dak Prescott.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He is not the future in the sense that he will be here 10 years from now or something. That’s very rare, and Dak simply isn’t good enough at throwing a football to pull that off. But if he can play at an average level, he could be here for maybe five years. QBs are hard to replace... look at Andy Dalton.
Still, I think the odds are better that he is helping kick off the XFL next year than being a long term Cowboy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
68 percent yes..... So 68 percent of our fan base here on the board happens to be level headed patient people. AWESOME........

I guess the DHC is much smaller than I originally thought.... :rolleyes:

1 out of 3 boys fans think Dak is a Dud! That's a pretty big % if your looking to ordain Dak our QB of the future....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HE, O-line stunk it up all last season. The receivers sucked since they couldn't get much of any separation mostly because they don't run clean cuts and better routes. Beasley and Witten were constantly doubled. Dez is terrible at running routes, plus he has slowed down with age. There was no serious deep threat to worry about, and Zeke was suspended for 6 games. Tyron Smith missed time and was always playing injured because of his ailing lower back once again (which he stubbornly refuses to have surgery on to fix it), Leary and Free left which caused two big holes at Left Guard and Right Tackle. Frederick and Martin struggled and got beat 1/3rd of the time during September and October until they finally got their legs and in better shape. The whole Oline stunk last year. It was so obvious. Don't care about the Pro Bowl votes. That's based on popularity. So many things went wrong which caused Dak and the Offense to fail. After Dak getting sacked 8 times at Atlanta (thanks to Chaz Green and his backup at Left Tackle), Dak was shell shocked, constantly on his heels and never fully trusted his backside blocking. He never fully recovered. Can't blame him. Romo or Aikman would not have lasted the whole season with the type of hits Dak took. Good thing Dak is built like a linebacker, but dagnamit, everyone contributed to Dak and the Offense's failures, including Linehan and Garrett.

You forgot some more excuses bud about Noodle Dak and why he stunk up the house last season....

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He's good enough to win. Spend money elsewhere since he is so cheap relative to his peers and try to win a Super Bowl.

vlad

Reaction score
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.

Apologies I voted incorrectly, I assumed it was if he was the future regardless if I was Pro or Anti. I think he is the future.

Would be interesting to see a vote like this for Garrett.