CFZ Is Micah really worth a record breaking deal?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
......the catch is that one must have a quarterback like Brady. Rodgers, Mahomes or Burrow to pull that off
Bingo... why do people continue to try and talk about stuff the Chiefs do, or the Pats of OLD.???? How are all of those "Patriot ways," working now? Since Brady left, the "Patriot Way," isnt all that different than the LIONS Way.

The chiefs can get away with letting a player like T Hill walk, or use anyone in te backfield, because they have one Patrick Mahomes.

Until we have a Patrick Mahomes, what they do in KC wont work in Dallas with one Dakota Prescott takingsnaps.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will over pay as its probably what we do best.....right Jerry????

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
If Reddick was a Cowboy and Micah wasn’t he might be.

It’s the same reason a bum like Dak gets lumped in with top QBs.

It’s the popular Cowboy affect. The more attention you get the more overrated you become.

Micah is a great rusher of the QB, but no basically a job factor if you take that away.

Nah. Reddick is looked at soley as a elite pass rusher, Parsons is looked at as a elite all around player who excels at pass rushing.

Ive already posted a video that shows he isnt average. Post anything that proves he is what you say.

Watch film, watch games, listen and learn from people who know more than you. Its ok to not know everything.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I know I'll get bashed, I know it's not time, but we have to get our thoughts ready for this record breaking deal. In his first season, he blew the league by surprise because obviously no one knew what he could do as a rookie.

2nd season, I think we as fans are still living in the bubble of his first season. With these players, we need to go case by case, season by season. Every year there seems to be a new dominant player, or a team that comes out of nowhere to surprise everyone.

I said that to say, let's take Micah since he's the topic of this post, on a season by season basis. Year one was dynamic, year two, he was good, but often burned out! I've never seen a second year player burned out like that......

Contractually and I REALLY don't care what he gets, it's neither my money or yours. I just think we're basing his every move off of year one. I'd like to see him be that dominant force in the league, to me there's a few guys ahead of him.

He said weeks ago that he wants to affect the game and he isn't worried about sack totals. Believe it or not, I almost cried hearing that!!! It's not just about sack numbers, but what else you can do, to have that ultimate impact on the game.

So let's see whaH
Parsons is a dedicated hard worker who always invests in sweat equity. Both his physical power and strength will grow for another five seasons, probably as he sacrifices up front. He will get better at pacing his energy as that continues to become even stronger and dominant.

He already is the head for the defensive group, and there is no other choice than pay what he allows the Cowboys to pay him!

(Oh yea, I'll seek the Curandera in Wild Horse Desert here, to ward off all injury demons that may pop up)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Nah. Reddick is looked at soley as a elite pass rusher, Parsons is looked at as a elite all around player who excels at pass rushing.

Ive already posted a video that shows he isnt average. Post anything that proves he is what you say.

Watch film, watch games, listen and learn from people who know more than you. Its ok to not know everything.
Juts look at the strip tackle he had against the Lions at the goal line as he chased the guy from behind..... Parsons is a factor on th field, no matter what he is doing.

Adreme

Reaction score
Guy has finished 2nd in DPOY in each of his first 2 seasons. If he isn’t worth paying then no one is but it is interesting how the fan base turns on players once it’s time to pay them their value.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Great at 1 thing.

Average at best at everything else.
First up,..where the hell did you go to high school at? My whole life that was the level support was learned and where the team, players, and all the town pulled for and rooted for their players and team!

Techsass

Reaction score
The idea that Parsons is just an average LB is wrong IMO. He has plenty of TFLs on RBs when he isn't lined up on the edge. Granted it was his rookie season, but I still remember him re-adjusting his original assignment to breakup that TD pass to an uncovered guy.

Parsons is awesome. Awesome players are expensive.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stoping the run? Non factor.
Pass coverage? Non factor.
Rushing the QB? Factor.

He’s LT when rushing the QB and LVE when he’s not.
I am sure that when Micah points out he has been top 3 in DPoY that the above will surely be an ace card of an argument.

At this point I am really only interested in what mountain you are claiming.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
If Parsons only demanded $5M/yr., and could only be traded for a 6th round pick, no reasonable person would trade him.

If Parsons demanded $35M/yr., and would fetch 3 x #1 draft picks, and 3 x #2 draft picks, no reasonable person would keep him.

The ONLY debate is where the line is drawn between those two extremes.
This is not a "yes or no" question.

It's a given that Parsons is a game changing player of exceptional abilities!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am sure that when Micah points out he has been top 3 in DPoY that the above will surely be an ace card of an argument.

At this point I am really only interested in what mountain you are claiming.
:)'Em thar hills!

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Parsons only demanded $5M/yr., and could only be traded for a 6th round pick, no reasonable person would trade him.

If Parsons demanded $35M/yr., and would fetch 3 x #1 draft picks, and 3 x #2 draft picks, no reasonable person would keep him.

The ONLY debate is where the line is drawn between those two extremes.
This is not a "yes or no" question.

It's a given that Parsons is a game changing player of exceptional abilities!
I'll have Jerry set his phone outside the complex so one can just listen to those calls.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think it depends on how his health is over the next season or two. As long as he continues playing at a high level, yes, he should be paid. However, his groin injury last season was a bit worrying. Hopefully, he will stay healthy, but, if he starts showing injury concerns, trading wouldn't be out of the question. I'd say I'm 90-95% that he should get an extension here and 5-10% that trading him (assuming it's a big haul) is a good idea.